• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank movie delayed to 2016

Vashetti

Banned
New news, new thread

2864882-movie.jpg

Directing the Ratchet & Clank movie is Kevin Munroe, who directed 2007's TMNT. The film is being developed by production companies Rainmaker Entertainment and Blockade Entertainment, alongside PlayStation and Insomniac Games.

Insomniac will have a "hands-on role" in the film's production, screenplay, character development, and animation consulting. In addition, Ratchet & Clank writer T.J. Fixman--who has written every Ratchet & Clank game--will pen the script for the film.

The movie is scheduled to hit theaters in 2016.

In addition to the Ratchet & Clank movie, Insomniac has announced a new Ratchet & Clank game for PlayStation 4. It's a remake of the 2002 PlayStation 2 original, and will have "new visuals that rival the best PS4 games on the market."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ratchet-clank-movie-cast-is-surprisingly-good/1100-6427302/

Where does this leave the game which we haven't seen a single screenshot or video of?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Sly Cooper in 2017 than? Can't imagine Sony willing to have both out in the same year but we will have to see...imb4 where's my Jak and Daxter Movie?....

Well that probably means the game got delayed. I'm good with that. So much stuff got cut from Crack in Time and had a really short development time in general. I want to see this game real fleshed out.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm guessing the movie was delayed to give the Game more time? Surely time taken to make movie is more of a Predictable known quantity compared with games?

The movie is completely finished, and due to be shown at Cannes in two days.

Presumably this is because of some issue with the game.

Shredderi

There's no way they're not releasing the movie and the game in quick succession so I'm banking on the game being delayed also. For fuck's sake. Is it just me paying much more attention to games being delayed this year compared to other years or have we just heard exceptionally lot of delays this year in general?

farisr

Well there goes that theory (Ratchet being the first party ps4 title for the holidays to go alongside the movie)

GamerJM

Banned
Game delay too then.....

The only PS4 games I'm getting for the rest of the year now are Tearaway and Persona >_>.

You could sort of see the writing on the wall. I take this as good news, however, especially with the recent voice cast announcement. Before I thought they were just going to send this straight to home video and VOD, but now it seems like all parties involved have seen this has potential and are moving it out to make invest more into it.

This likely does mean the game is delayed and same effect really for it as well.

Top Bottom