• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank PS4 Reboot Delayed To 2016, Out Spring 2016

16987796884_87ac20de38_z.jpg

Insomniac Games is also hard at work at Ratchet & Clank for the PS4, a re-imagination of the original game that started it all 13 years ago. The game, out Spring 2016, re-tells the origin story that ties in closely and expands upon the movie’s narrative. It also features several new levels along with reimagined classic locales like Metropolis, brand new weapons and completely redone visuals made possible by the power of the PlayStation 4. We’ll be sharing more on the game soon!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/13/ratchet-clank-movie-releases-april-29-2016-in-us/

Papacheeks

Banned
Well at least they seem keen on showing us what the game looks like hopefully this E3.

Since the said more Information Coming soon.

Boke1879

You know what. I'm fine with this. We have some great games coming out spring 2016 next year. Division. Uncharted 4. SF4, now this.

I already have way too many games to play and get this year. Totally fine.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
So now we have Ratchet and Uncharted 4 slated for spring....

Another The Order/Bloodborne combo?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Makes sense given the movie delay. Always seemed like they wanted to get this out around the same time, especially given the low sales of recent games in the series.

Welp. We barely know anything about the game, so I don't care much about the delay. We don't have many specifics or even a single screenshot.

DNAbro

Well that sucks. Was really looking forward to it.

Really hope Sony will announce some end of year exclusives cause at this rate Persona 5 is it.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Sony has no games confirmend

jk

But honestly if Sony doesn't releases The Last Guardian Microsoft will destroy them this fall.

Sony just needs to "launch" pricecut and battlefront bundle. That will at least guarantee a ratio like last year.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
It boils down to finding the movie a great distributor and aligning with their schedule for proper promotion of the film. That's all done with Focus and the April 29th, 2016 date for the film.

We always intended the re-imagining of the game to be released close to the movie, as they share elements of the origin story, so the game is also coming Spring 2016.

Disappointed about the delay, especially since the game isn't coming out the same time as the movie, but at least there's a proper release date attached to it now.

jbug617

Banned
Spring is crowded for PS4:

Uncharted 4
Ratchet
Street Fighter 5
Possibility of Persona 5 (if it's Fall/Winter 2015 in Japan)

2014: 2015 IS GOING TO BE THE BEST YEAR EVER
2015: 2016 IS GOING TO BE THE BEST YEAR EVER
2016: ... You catch my drift :p

Spring is crowded for PS4:

Uncharted 4
Ratchet
Street Fighter 5
Possibility of Persona 5 (if it's Fall/Winter 2015 in Japan)

Don't forget Division and Mirrors Edge and Ubisofts unannounced tripple A title

Top Bottom