• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chaos Wars - 4 company crossover strategy RPG!

duckroll

If you clicked expecting something good, I'm sorry. :-(

Chaos Wars
Release: Sept 2006
Developer: Idea Factory
Crossover companies: Idea Factory, Sega, Atlus, Aruze
Series included: Growlanser, Gungrave, Shadow Hearts, Neverland, Shinsengumi Gunraw Den, Mars of Destruction, Original characters.

This is going to be a nightmare. :-(

Zeed

Banned
Series included: Growlanser, Gungrave, Shadow Hearts, Neverland, Shinsengumi Gunraw Den, Mars of Destruction, Original characters.
I've only heard of four of those. And only played Shadow Hearts. =/

duckroll

This is a case of a C-list developer (Idea Factory), getting together with 3 rather sizable other companies and licensing their C-list games to put in a SRPG crossover. It's doomed from conception. :lol

duckroll has to be one of the most pessimistic posters on the board...

Too bad he is almost always right....damn gackt...

Aaron

More Gungrave = has to be a good thing.
And on the bright side, it can't be as bad as Namco x Capcom.

Aaron

SolidSnakex said:
Never underestimate Idea FActory.
Their games are bleh, but not true awful. They at least have some understanding of how to make an SRPG. NxC is nothing short of an abomination though. I shudder to admit I paid good money for it.

okay pretty much anything witht he name chaos wars is likely to be great... throw in the fact that its a 4 company crossover and one of the properties is Shadow Hearts, definitely top-notch weirdness, you have pure gold.

DAY ONE, PEOPLE. DAY ONE.

Andy787

Banned
Bah. Of all of the crossovers Sega has to be involved in, why this shit? Where is my Sega vs Namco fighter? where is my Sega X Namco X Capcom X Not Shitty This Time? :(

Shadow Hearts is not a C-list game :(

but this is still going to suck ... which is too bad, because I like the SH universe :/

I'm surprised they teamed up with Atlus and didn't get any of the MegaTen characters. Or maybe Atlus just wouldn't allow it.

Mandoric

Banned
So basically, if IF didn't suck, we could be cramming together, say, Sakura Wars and MegaTen along the shared occult bits (and, for that matter, pick up SH on similar lines and time period).

Outside of SH, Growlanser is the headliner games for this, and we're probably not even going to get Urushihara art out of it. That's very, very sad.

duckroll

SolidSnakex said:
I'm surprised they teamed up with Atlus and didn't get any of the MegaTen characters. Or maybe Atlus just wouldn't allow it.

They "teamed up" with Sega and got Gungrave and Shinsengumi Guraw Den out of it. That should tell you what kind of budget and arrangement they're working on. :p

Acosta

I enjoy Namco X Capcom :p nice fanservice and great music. As a srpg is certainly not good, but I like it in a odd way.

duckroll said:
They "teamed up" with Sega and got Gungrave and Shinsengumi Guraw Den out of it. That should tell you what kind of budget and arrangement they're working on. :p

I guess you can't blame them for trying. Someone should try to get NIS to do one of these collab SRPG's in the future.

Is this in the new Famitsu?

duckroll

Looks like it's in Dengeki too? Looks pretty damn bad, the art is by the Idea Factory artist and they look like horrible approximations of the original characters. :lol

Altermo

Yuri, Alice and Joachim are now officially confirmed.

wars.jpg

duckroll said:
Crossover companies: Idea Factory, Sega, Atlus, Aruze
Why do I think that even with 4 possible companies bringing it...it will stay in japan?

Idea Factroy -> NIS
Sega
Atlus
Aruze -> XSEED

Not that I'm very interested in it...I don't know many of those characters :/

Top Bottom