• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should pedophiles be societally accepted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkMan

Banned
... if they could fulfill their urges on a child robot? Just finished watching Ex Machina and I got to thinking, there's actually quite a few people on NeoGAF who sympathize with pedophiles. That it's disorder they're afflicted with but comes with consequences against another living being (children). I've always disagreed with this viewpoint, and see it that pedophiles cannot exist at all in our society, there's no way - even if we ignore the studies that show there being a cause for them to engage in active abuse.

But enough about my opinions, what if child robots were created in the future meant for pedophiles to "relieve" their urges.

I know my opinion wouldn't change, I don't believe that would be sufficient in stopping abuse and even if it did I'd still see it as wrong. Society should not allow for pedophiles even if there is 0% chance of them abusing.

Id rather we find a way to reverse the effects since its obvious something they're born with.

It's sad but I don't think of any options

Fireblend

Banned
I have sympathy for pedophiles, but definitely not enough to build them robot children rather than encourage them to control their urges or project them in healthier ways through therapy or whatever is less creepy than robot children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom