• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys picks up Norn9: Var Commons

Takao

Banned
17324519404_4a5e292dac_b.jpg

Hello everyone! It’s Mina again! Aksys Games is pleased to announce our next otome visual novel game, Norn9: Var Commons. It will be a PS Vita exclusive, for both retail and digital in North America.

As a title from Idea Factory, the same company that brought you the acclaimed Hakuoki series, Norn9: Var Commons is definitely worth waiting for. Norn9: Var Commons will be available in the fall, but in the meantime, I’ll give you a little sneak peek.

While on a school field trip, child prodigy Sorata Suzuhara wanders off after hearing a mysterious song and blacks out. When he comes to, he finds himself in unfamiliar place, and soon encounters a girl who informs him that he’s currently in turn of the century Japan.

In order to help him get home, Sorata follows her to a ship that she’s waiting for but when it appears it is not a wooden sailing ship, but a round aircraft that flies using technology that is beyond Sorata’s imagination. Even stranger, he discovers that the other 12 passengers — 3 young women and 9 men — are all supposedly espers with special powers, and are on some kind of journey at the behest of a multinational entity only known as The World.

What is the purpose of their journey? What is their destination? Who is The World? Before Sorata can even begin to take stock of his situation, the ship is attacked, and the mystery surrounding the ship only deepens. Delve into the story of the ship and its occupants through the point of views of each of the three girls, and unravel the mysteries trapped within.

Experience the voyage! Board a mysterious aircraft and go on a journey with twelve young men and women with special powers. While travelling to an unknown destination, you will view beautifully detailed environments.

The characters in Norn9: Var Commons come to life. No completely static images, here! Communicate with them as a part of their world and see how they react to specific situations. As the player, YOU advance the complex, diverging storyline and decide the fate of the characters. Ultimately, you will be making some of the hardest decisions. Depending on the choices you make, the story will dramatically change. If you explore all routes and complete them, the secret true ending will be revealed.

Bonus Features — Re-live your favorite moments with Gallery Mode! Also, challenge the mini game, “Norn9 Quest,” and collect points to unlock bonus illustrations and other special features.

Thanks for tuning in! Make sure to visit the Norn9: Var Commons website for more updates! See you next time!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/26/norn9-var-commons-coming-to-ps-vita-this-fall/

Kirie

I REALLY enjoyed this game so I'm beyond stoked it's getting released here! Thank you Aksys!

The music is beyond phenomenal for an otome imo.

http://www.otomate.jp/norn9/

There's 3 leading ladies you get to choose from (they each have different guys they can go for)

Estellise

Yesssssss! I'm still playing the PSP version. Akito is so cute and tsuntsun material. The music for this game is amazing too, Nobuo Uematsu helped compose some tracks. Best part about this game is that the heroines are voiced. They should do that more often.

Anyway, 3 otome games in one year!? Is it Christmas already? Holy shit this is so great.

Shizuka

Yesssssss! I'm still playing the PSP version. Akito is so cute and tsuntsun material. The music for this game is amazing too, Nobuo Uematsu helped compose some tracks. Best part about this game is that the heroines are voiced. They should do that more often.

Anyway, 3 otome games in one year!? Is it Christmas already? Holy shit this is so great.

Don't forget there's still OZMAFIA.

Dominator

Is there a comprehensive list of visual novels on Vita? I've been slacking with Vita games lately, and I love the genre. Any PSP games I can play on Vita? I know of Corpse Party but that's about it.

I have both Danganronpa games, VLR, and Xblaze.

I'll check this one out too when it releases.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I heard about this game! That is, I think it was an older version for PSP. Anyhow, I'm glad that Aksys is finally getting back into the otome game :)

bigkrev

Day 1 as usual, I will continue to buy each and every Otome game officially licensed
so that one day we can have BL titles get licensed

Don't forget there's still OZMAFIA.

God, it's been a long time since we have had an update on that. I'm starting to get worried

Westraid

Such great news again! Man we're really lucky lately with the genre!
I remember the PSP game had the most beautiful soundtrack.
Glad it's also coming to Europe. I'll probably import the physical US version though.

Another Otome title and it's getting a retail release? Interesting.

Considering that otome games have been fairly untapped in an era with more and more localisers, I'm not too surprised by this trend. What I am surprised with is that pretty much all of the otome games have been Idea Factory games.

Day 1 as usual, I will continue to buy each and every Otome game officially licensed
so that one day we can have BL titles get licensed

How many copies of No, Thank You have you bought? How much money have you given to the Fantastic Boyfriends IGG? :frog:

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Digital-only confirmed for EU? I know NISA's been doing a bunch of Aksys titles.

Also, is this a sequel or enhanced port of the PSP one?

Shizuka

Considering that otome games have been fairly untapped in an era with more and more localisers, I'm not too surprised by this trend. What I am surprised with is that pretty much all of the otome games have been Idea Factory games.

The other high-profile otome games are from Broccoli and Koei Tecmo, I guess they're not interested in licensing their games for western companies.

Estellise

God, it's been a long time since we have had an update on that. I'm starting to get worried

Thing is about Ozmafia! is that it's already been ported to vita. And FULLY voiced at that. So I find it irritating they still don't have much updates on the english version of the PC one.

Saphirax

Oh man, I was actually thinking a few weeks ago how amazing it'd be for the game to get localised.

I'm glad we're getting so many VNs this year.

Estellise

The other high-profile otome games are from Broccoli and Koei Tecmo, I guess they're not interested in licensing their games for western companies.

Also Rejet and Honeybee. Which both do PC & console titles. Though Otomate usually have the best writers on their team as far as the stories for their games go so I'm glad it's usually their games that get localized.

bigkrev

How many copies of No, Thank You have you bought? How much money have you given to the Fantastic Boyfriends IGG? :frog:

1 copy of No, Thank You (which, after dealing with the DRM/website bullshit to download it, I'm surprised anyone actually pays money and doesn't just pirate), and zero to Fantastic Boyfriends (2bara4me)

Has Broccoli actually released anything on the Vita yet?

Maybe that's why we haven't heard any otome localizations from them.

Unless it's a big mess to try and license the UtaPri games due to all the music

Tohsaka

For anyone who is curious, the girls next to the guys they can go for:

Personal favorite route is Akito (Blue-haired guy) but overall I like Mikoto's (black-haired girl) routes the best. Really wasn't a fan of Kohaku (pink girl) and her routes personally.

That's a pretty good seiyuu cast. I read elsewhere that this was good also, so I'll probably pick it up.

Shizuka

Aksys alone is localizing four visual novels for the Vita in 2015. There is also Steins;Gate, Amnesia: Memories and Danganronpa: Another Episode that could also be considered somewhat like a visual novel.

Kirie

That's a pretty good seiyuu cast. I read elsewhere that this was good also, so I'll probably pick it up.
Yeah the seiyuu were fantastic in the game. Especially Sugita with some of his parts...

I hope this sells well enough so they'll localize the fandisc too. So much shit to buy this fall, I need to save up x_x

Estellise

I just hope they don't localize Diabolik Lovers anytime soon. That entire series would be a can of worms for the western audience.

Jazz573

Aksys alone is localizing four visual novels for the Vita in 2015. There is also Steins;Gate, Amnesia: Memories and Danganronpa: Another Episode that could also be considered somewhat like a visual novel.

Four? I'm only aware of Code: Realize and this game. What are the other two?

Also, how come Norn9 and Code: Realize are being localized by Aksys, but Amnesia is being localized by Idea Factory?

For anyone who is curious, the girls next to the guys they can go for:

Personal favorite route is Akito (Blue-haired guy) but overall I like Mikoto's (black-haired girl) routes the best. Really wasn't a fan of Kohaku (pink girl) and her routes personally.

torn between sugita's, sugiyama's, yuki's or takuya's character

Kirie

I just hope they don't localize Diabolik Lovers anytime soon. That entire series would be a can of worms for the western audience.

Yeah. It would probably be censored to all hell lol. I love DL personally, but I just can't imagine a company with enough balls to localize it because of the backlash it would cause.
Raito's route in particular... *shudder*

torn between sugita's, sugiyama's, yuki's or takuya's character
Sugiyamaaaaa. I normally don't like tsun characters whatsoever but Akito is so well done.

Masamune (Sato), Ron (Sugita) and Kakeru (Kaji) routes are all locked until you finish one of the other dudes for each respective lady first. So for Nanami's dudes, if you do Sugiyama's route first you can then unlock Ron, etc. Bit of a pain.

Yasumi

Banned

Also, how come Norn9 and Code: Realize are being localized by Aksys, but Amnesia is being localized by Idea Factory?
The new XBlaze too. Not sure what the fourth one would be though.

Shizuka

New XBlaze and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (which is more like a hybrid).

Yeah. It would probably be censored to all hell lol. I love DL personally, but I just can't imagine a company with enough balls to localize it because of the backlash it would cause.
Raito's route in particular... *shudder*

pool.gif could be used so much more often though :D

Sugiyamaaaaa. I normally don't like tsun characters whatsoever but Akito is so well done.

Masamune (Sato), Ron (Sugita) and Kakeru (Kaji) routes are all locked until you finish one of the other dudes for each respective lady first. So for Nanami's dudes, if you do Sugiyama's route first you can then unlock Ron, etc. Bit of a pain.

Boo, sounds like a pain. Might as well go blind and see where that ends up.

The new XBlaze too. Not sure what the fourth one would be though.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters?

That did already come out in 2015

Gosh.

So, Diabolik Lovers when? Since we're already getting Amnesia and now this and we've had Hakuouki in the past.

Aksys seem crazy lately. So many VN's. And so much otome (I know they were interested in the past, but two on Vita in a year without even testing the market first).

Top Bottom