• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy b*lls Uplay Splinter Cell Blacklist downloads, installs and works like on steam!

Yudoken

After having insane amount of trouble with Uplay with my last rig (I've re-downloaded the stupid exe installer and patches couple of times and it did not work) I tried it again today with my new setup (fresh windows, new cpu and mainboard) was finally able to start the game again!
Splinter Cell Blacklist was working on my previous rig and didn't worked after upgrading to an another mainboard and it worked great but somehow blacklist wouldn't start.
I was able to start the game on my previous rig but somehow it didn't worked on a clean new install, even with the same components/software.
They somehow fixed it and it installing a game works similar to steam/origin/gog galaxy, it does everything automatically and if the download finishes the game actually is ready and doesn't need to be manually installed and there are no installer files like the previous way.
I heard that Blacklist was one of the older games which needed to be manually installed and newer games do that now but they've actually fixed this game too.
It's btw. my only true Uplay only game (Trials Fusion is bought on steam) that I've bought and I regret it so much.
I'm definitely not gonna buy anything there if I have the choice to buy it from a different stores like steam or origin (maybe gog in the future, which would be my favorite).
Even if games would be Uplay only I would probably stay away after this horrendous experience (even the support or the internet couldn't help me with this problem, no other games I have caused that much trouble and anger than Blacklist from Uplay).
Oh man, finally they fixed it, I can't believe it!
If you had problems like me with the game maybe you should try it out again.

BTHR Zero X

Holy Bills?

But yeah I understand that the AC Series I hate that I have them on steam but Uplay has to boot up to play them it slows things down.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So it might be safe to try these Uplay games I have now?

Corpekata

Banned
This is a good example for when people ask "but is Uplay really that bad?"

Yes, it's bad enough that acting like a functional download service is exciting and thread worthy.

Kiru

Holy
uwe2.jpg
uwe2.jpg
uwe2.jpg

Yudoken

This is a good example for when people ask "but is Uplay really that bad?"

Yes, it's bad enough that acting like a functional download service is exciting and thread worthy.

I expected almost nothing from Uplay and wasn't thinking that it would be THAT bad.
What a mistake.
Those 5 bucks on humble bundle wasn't worth it.

GavinUK86

no idea what you're talking about. i bought blacklist day one, downloaded, installed and played it on uplay. nothing wrong with it. sounds like your system was a mess before.

ciddative

no idea what you're talking about. i bought blacklist day one, downloaded, installed and played it on uplay. nothing wrong with it. sounds like your system was a mess before.

Nope, this was a thing.

With Blacklist at least, there were I think 3 patches, but installing the game wouldn't include them. Once installed, the game would launch ONE of the patches and then start, meaning you COULD install and play, but had to launch the game 3 consecutive times to be fully patched (unless you manually downloaded the patches seperately, but meh).

Can also confirm, last time I installed and ran the game it was fully patched. They changed it within the last 6 months I'd say.

GavinUK86

Nope, this was a thing.

With Blacklist at least, there were I think 3 patches, but installing the game wouldn't include them. Once installed, the game would launch ONE of the patches and then start, meaning you COULD install and play, but had to launch the game 3 consecutive times to be fully patched (unless you manually downloaded the patches seperately, but meh).

Can also confirm, last time I installed and ran the game it was fully patched. They changed it within the last 6 months I'd say.

never heard of that or experienced it. installed, played. new patch? downloaded, installed and played. all automatically with uplay.

Skelter

Banned

I take it you never tried Conviction on Steam/Uplay?

What a mess. I wish Blacklist had more co-op missions or randomly generated ones. I have way too much messing up with a friend.

Top Bottom