• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus refuses to call time of death, will release Trauma Team on JP Wii U eShop

GSR

Was announced on Nintendo Direct; seems to be the first third-party Wii game on the Wii U eShop.

CGU8H4GU8AA6m24.jpg:large

Available in July. You may now join me and EmCeeGramr in building up our hopes for a new entry to have them inevitably dashed.

Aeana

I'm hurt that you left me out.

But there's no chance for a new game. Really.
It's dead, and it's all your guys' fault. Thanks a lot, jerks.

Will buy just to support.

I mean the game is perfect for th touch screen and had really basic 3D graphics. Make it like the DS one with some character art and no voices and release it as a downloadable. I understand they won't.

MrT-Tar

Time for another Hanobi festival. If Nintendo PAL localise both this and Zangeki no Reinglev, I'll forgive them for the lack of European release in the first place.

GSR

Sorry. It's late and my mind could only scrounge up the maker of this masterpiece:

A6j5XwS.png

cj_iwakura

Even if every person here bought it, it wouldn't have saved the franchise. There's lots of games with devout followings here that still bomb.

I enjoyed it, but it really had its weak points. The other games feel a lot more focused. You could take out the endoscopy and chiropractor levels and not miss a thing.

The paramedic/diagnostician/investigative additions were brilliant, though.

KHlover

Banned
Well compared to Trauma Center: New Blood Trauma Team wasn't all that good. Waay to unfocused and it took far too long to actually get to the good stuff. That being said, I'd still buy it if again they bring it to Europe this time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Once upon a time a cult classic from late in the N64's life hit the Wii's VC and sold so many copies overseas that a sequel was immediately greenlit. That will not happen here...but you might get a cheap digital copy of Trauma Team instead!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

None of you guys are true fans of Trauma Team. Only people who appreciated the endoscopy missions can call themselves that.

Aeana

None of you guys are true fans of Trauma Team. Only people who appreciated the endoscopy missions can call themselves that.

You don't know me.
I was the only person who said "endoscopy wasn't actually that bad, you guys are scrubs" back at release...

... to nobody, because nobody bought it and I had nobody to talk to about the game with.

squall23

Even if we can't get another Trauma Team, can we at least get a new Trauma Centre? Those games sold pretty good right?

GSR

You don't know me.
I was the only person who said "endoscopy wasn't actually that bad, you guys are scrubs" back at release...

... to nobody, because nobody bought it and I had nobody to talk to about the game with.

Endoscopy was the first discipline I got all XSes in.
In part because the requirements were more lenient, but still.
You are not alone.

FluxWaveZ

Even if we can't get another Trauma Team, can we at least get a new Trauma Centre? Those games sold pretty good right?

No.

Atlus in general is more renowned nowadays, so maybe a new Trauma game would get more attention, but the previous games did not do well at all.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
You don't know me.

I bought back when it came out in 2010, didn't have a gaf account then. And I LOVED endoscopy! I post about it every time there's a thread about the Trauma series.

casiopao

I bought the game Day One dammit and no one, i repeat no one in my country even heard of the title here.T_T

Atlus, at least give us Trauma Center 3DS plizzzzzzzz.T_T I need more Derek Stiles.T_T

Moonlight

Banned
Trauma Center singlehandedly justified my DS years ago. Trauma Team was legit, too. If there's ever a franchise I hate knowing died, it's this one. :(

Top Bottom