• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Officially Confirms Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist for Playstation 4 and Xbox

mankoto

Following a ratings board leak earlier last week, Konami has officially confirmed Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist.

The game is coming to Playstation 4 and Xbox One some time this summer, and it will cost $19.99.

Here’s the official press release, via Konami:

Enter the Duelist Simulator to take your place among the finest Duelists ever in Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist! Players from around the world have been invited to take part in an elite Dueling program that simulates the best Duels across all of Yu-Gi-Oh! history. Replay actual events in the Yu-Gi-Oh! timeline, from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series up to Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, featuring the storylines, characters, and Decks in a brand new Story Campaign. Duelists will also Duel against characters from the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, with even more Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Duels to be added later as downloadable content.

With over 6,600 cards to play with, including new Pendulum Summon Monsters, Duelists can fight in hundreds of matches with over 90 characters, and even compete in new Battle Pack Sealed Deck and Draft play with other Duelists online.

Features:

• The very first Yu-Gi-Oh! video game available for the PS4™ and Xbox One for a never-before-seen next generation Yu-Gi-Oh! experience!
  • Relive past Dueling glory with a Story Campaign that recounts the events from the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series! Battle your opponent, and then take on the role of that character and Duel against the protagonist in a “Reverse Duel.”
  • Duel with the latest cards from the official Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, including Pendulum Summon Monsters!
  • For the first time, compete in Battle Pack Sealed and Draft play against the A.I. or with players online. Battle Pack formats supported include Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants, and War of the Giants: Round 2.
  • Customize your Decks with more than 6,600 cards, the most in any Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME video game.
  • Compete against characters from the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series, Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V!
  • Add-on content available at launch, with additional Decks, Avatars, playable characters and Duels!

Source

Send me to the Shadow Realm if old

Takao

Banned
No mention on if USFIV PS4's devs are working on this? They did the last two Yu-Gi-Oh! home console games.

RE_Player

$19.99? My hopes of 3D models for every monster just went down hard
3D monsters would just slow everything down.

Also hopefully Other Ocean isn't involved. All the Yugioh games they've developed have had some dumb problems and online issues.

Jay RaR

Wait what? So what am I expecting out of this, just cutscenes and a traditional 2D card battle system? Sounds kinda underwhelming, as I would like to play through the first 2 series of YGO as I haven't played a YGO game in a while.

So Konami, when's that Forbidden Memories port?
(mobile would also be acceptable)

ZangBa

3D models would be too much work and also really stupid, it's a card game. Anyways, this already sounds like ass thanks to the pay2win card packs. I'm sure this will be like the one I played on the PS3 where you have to grind cards in small amounts on Tea forever to get decent cards unless you pay up for the good shit.

Takao

Banned
jfAgxp8.jpg

3gKoRy6.png

wow
this is current gen exclusive

Tagyhag

Well on the 2nd picture there it looks like a (bad) 3D model to me.

I'm fine if they do that, as long as you can cancel all the animations or turn them off in the main menu.

I was playing Nightmare Troubadour for the DS and while it's a great Yu-Gi-Oh game, the long animations makes duels tedious more than anything, it's a real shame.

wow
this is current gen exclusive

To be fair, imagine if your boss told you to model and animate 6,600 monster cards and magic cards. You're not going to go all out on them.

Hell, I was still pleasantly surprised that they animated all the attacks in Forbidden Memories, seemed like so much work for an optional feature.

Regiruler

They'd either be garbage quality models like the duel terminal (less so, even the duel terminals only needed to render about 200 monsters max), or the budget would be in the AAA range.

At least half of the game is monsters, so that would be 3000 different models with different animations for each. There's maybe a handful you could pull off as reskins, but even then, that's a shit ton.
Not gonna lie, this would be have been perfect for the Wii U.

Not like this is going to be pushing any hardware anyway, and the userbase matches up better.

Takao

Banned
To be fair, imagine if your boss told you to model and animate 6,600 monster cards and magic cards. You're not going to go all out on them.

Hell, I was still pleasantly surprised that they animated all the attacks in Forbidden Memories, seemed like so much work for an optional feature.

There's no indication that every card is getting a 3D model. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the signature monster of the duelist. The two images posted are Yugi's and Jaden's.

Don't know if there's a thread already but I'm actually more concerned about what Konami does not say:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/0...onami-for-the-end-of-his-long-running-series/

Momotaro Dentetsu, the long-running board game-style video game based on the Momotaro folklore with trains and entrepreneurs, is finally coming to an end, after its long run of 27 years, series creator Akira Sakuma tweeted.

Sakuma originally worked on Momotaro Dentetsu for Hudson, and it was basically like Mario Party before Mario Party—a popular multiplayer game that mixed elements of Sugoroku and Monopoly, and took entrepreneur players across Japan on trains, powered by dice rolls. The first game was on the Famicom back in 1988, and since then, it has had multiple titles per generation.

While Momotaro Dentetsu has enjoyed a long run of friends gathering together, finding joy in rolling the perfect numbers, and crying after losing all your money to the Binbogami (God of Poverty), it appears to have reached its final stop, as Sakuma tweeted: “I haven’t had any contact from Konami whatsoever. This situation has been going on for a very long time. With that, I will officially end Momotaro Dentetsu. It has all been crushed by Konami’s Ishikawa.”

His wife, Mariko Sakuma, who also works on the games tweeted: “They told us that we’d get a response in May, so we gave them the weekend, and ended up waiting until June 2nd. But we still haven’t seen any contact. I wonder what happened with Konami’s Mr. Ishikawa.”

Add-on content available at launch, with additional Decks, Avatars, playable characters and Duels!

Ugh. They're going to make it a pain in the ass to get cards again. Literally killed Millennium Duels for me.

Got out of Yugioh when my local scene died just after the first set with Cyber Dragon came out (started playing at launch, at least...). Game is prolly radically different now but might be fun to jump into.

Tanoooki

I'm surprised they don't release something like this for PC, it has more wide appeal then say MTG and would compete with Hearthstone

ZangBa

I just want a fucking digital version of the real TCG where I can buy digital boosters and shit.

Yeah, this is what I would like. There was a GBA game I don't remember the name of that let you buy specific packs and earn points by fighting people throughout the week with a tournament on the weekends, it was pretty good.

The last game I played on PS3 was just fight people on a menu 1 at a time, and you are stuck with absolute shit cards, and the only way to earn more is grinding endlessly on Tea for 5-6 random cards. Pure torture unless you paid money for cards.

KHlover

Banned
Yu-Gi-Oh-Legacy-of-the-Duelist-06-04-15-4.png

No 3D models here, so it seems only signature monsters get one. Have to say, if it's like that then they should just have went the "Master of the Cards" route. The 3D models are pretty ugly, skippable CG summons and attack would be better.

I'm surprised they don't release something like this for PC, it has more wide appeal then say MTG and would compete with Hearthstone

They know they wouldn't stand a chance against YGOPro :*

Warablo

This would be nice, but its almost impossible to get a cool or good deck without paying for microtransactions in the other Yu-Gi-Oh game.

Taker34

Banned
Better then nothing I guess. At this point we should probably just be thankful for not seeing Konami discontinuing and canceling the series? So it's a day one purchase for me aswell.

Takao

Banned
Im down. I wish we could download our own real decks

You used to be able to input the codes on the bottom of the cards to do that. Konami stopped once they realized people would pay real money for virtual card packs. : /

They've tried doing PC games multiple times and they always fail. Hard to compete when the fans build free digital alternatives.

It can pass as a PS2 game.

I have to wonder if this is a Unity game or something. Everything, even the playfield, looks low poly:

Zomba13

I'd be all in if I could lock the game to everything before and including Invasion of Chaos. I checked out around that time.

Regiruler

I'd be all in if I could lock the game to everything before and including Invasion of Chaos. I checked out around that time.
Ahahahahaaaaaaahhahaha

Konami has shown zero interest in legacy formats, and even player-run legacy formats are banlist-based, with the most popular being goat control.

Top Bottom