• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAD hints at unannounced platform being unveiled soon, or poor phrasing? [Up: Oculus]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So this is either notably big news, or very poor phrasing.

What do you all think?

GI.biz has a pretty long interview.

This part is interesting, what platform could they be talking about?

Since the release of The Order, we have been very hard at work to advance our engine and technology to a place where we can deliver our games on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and one other unannounced platform that you will soon find out about.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-05-blizzards-paul-sams-joins-ready-at-dawn-as-new-ceo

splorgenborg.jpg

edit

damn u emcee

I suppose it could be the Amazon thing people keep mentioning, or maybe they have early specs of next Nintendo system...Or just poor phrasing.

Some people were saying Amazon in the other thread, but after Amazon announced that their teams are making PC games I don't know if I'm confident that Amazon is even going to make "console" anymore.

Maligna

Banned
RAD isn't a Sony exclusive studio?

Also, Dreamcast 2 please.

Edit: NVM, just saw the other thread about self publishing.

It sounds like they're licensing out their engine or something to me

Edit: I'll take a shot. Nvidia's going to push their GRID service into a platform into itself, with its own exclusives.

Qassim

RAD isn't a Sony exclusive studio?

Also, Dreamcast 2 please.

It's not owned by Sony, no. Think of their relationship with Sony as similar to Insomniac, Sony funded games in return for ownership of the IP (and exclusivity, obviously).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Some people were saying Amazon in the other thread, but after Amazon announced that their teams are making PC games I don't know if I'm confident that Amazon is even going to make "console" anymore.

A Steambox is still a PC. A PC with a custom Amazon Linux is still a PC, but it will need some separate porting too.

Rosur

Interesting, doubting its something PC/ steambox related, maybe Amazon getting into the console game space (as they have been recruiting game devs)? Otherwise it has to be what Nintendo are working on.

Top Bottom