• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready at Dawn: "Well on our way" to meeting sales expectations for The Order: 1886

Ready at Dawn's PlayStation 4-exclusive The Order: 1886 did not fare very well with critics, but how is the third-person shooter doing commercially? According to Ready at Dawn's new CEO Paul Sams (more on that later), the game is no slouch.

"While we would love to share with you how well The Order: 1886 has performed since it release, those are numbers that only Sony can divulge," he said in a new interview with Game Informer.

"Suffice it to say, we are very proud of that game, and we are well on our way to achieving the sales performance that we sought," he added.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Synless

It's a shame it not doing better. The game was a hit with all of my friends and I personally loved it.

MaDKaT

I very much want a sequel. Wouldnt take much to 'correct' a lot of the criticism and make a fantastic followup.

Reset

Does Sony own The Order IP?
Yes.

Just wondering did this game even sell over a million copies? Since Sony always announces when a PS4 game sells over a million units. (Blood borne,Infamous,Killzone,TloU:R, and Knack). But we didn't hear anything about Driveclub and The Order.

Hopefully this means they get a shot at making a sequel. The Order 1886 was deeply flawed but it has the potential to become a good franchise, IF Ready At Dawn fix the issues with the first game (Less Movie more Game).

I would love a sequel, the foundation is there and now they can focus on gameplay.

Bummed this probably won't see another game it was a gorgeous and fun IP IMO.

I understand the hate but I personally enjoyed the ride, if a sequel got greenlit and was longer + had some gameplay mechanics changed i think it could do well. Except the name is kinda tarnished now

Jomjom

Banned
"Well on our way?" So it hasn't reached sales goals and it likely won't because games don't sell this far after release unless you are on PC or have "Mario" or "Minecraft" or "Call of Duty" in the title.

Bedlam

So, at least it's no Fuse it seems. Still, it's probably far from being a hit either.

And yeah, this sounds so much like PR spin; I'd love to hear more real talk instead. Did the developers learn from the reception or will they stick with the ultra-tight corridor concept with repeating QTEs for their next game?

Damaniel

Banned
Considering that most games make the vast majority of their revenue in the first month or two of release, if they're not most of the way to meeting their expectations by now then they'll never get there.

Portugeezer

Considering that most games make the vast majority of their revenue in the first month or two of release, if they're not most of the way to meeting their expectations by now then they'll never get there.

This game got put to the sword by reviews, if it is even close to meeting any sales prejections I would say they should be happy (given the circumstances)

I would love a sequel, the foundation is there and now they can focus on gameplay.

Bummed this probably won't see another game it was a gorgeous and fun IP IMO.

I understand the hate but I personally enjoyed the ride, if a sequel got greenlit and was longer + had some gameplay mechanics changed i think it could do well. Except the name is kinda tarnished now

Agreed. I quite liked it already and a sequel would probably deliver on all of the promise.

I hope we still might.

This game got put to the sword by reviews, if it is even close to meeting any sales prejections I would say they should be happy (given the circumstances)

Yeah.

Duxxy3

"Well on our way" sounds like expectations have not been met. A game in its fourth month should have at least least met expectations. There likely won't be a sales boost anytime soon.

Sydle

I guess Sony was expecting a breakout hit on a larger scale and/or a better reviewed game?

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if we see another The Order. Would be interesting if the other team SSM took up the IP. Weren't they helping RAD?

Zophar

With RAD going independent, 10 bucks says the franchise gets kicked off to Sony Bend or some other first party dev, and future installments dial back the interactive movie angle in favor of a multiplayer action focus.

Maybe Sony are planning to get another developer on board?

Other Ocean or maybe even High Voltage given Sony's preference for going as cheap as possible...
8dZZTx6.gif

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
All this RaD news makes me a sad panda, I really liked the game despite it's faults. Maybe I'm just sick to death of open-world games.

Top Bottom