• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone just keyed my car.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am work right now, and I am getting ready to go to lunch cause it is about that time. My boss comes up to me and asks, "When did someone key your car"? I tell her she is clearly mistaken, and I run out to my car to see if if really went down that way. I get to my car and my whole right side of my 2005 Nissan Altima looks like someone was practicing their cursive writing. During my lunch break I go to a local body shop to get an estimate on what it would cost, and he comes back with a quote for 1209, but reduces the rate to 750 because he feels bad for me. Any GAFers go through some crap like this, what should I do to get this fixed fast and relatively cheap. Is 750 considered cheap for something like that?

Is it only on the doors? If so, you can try going to the junkyard and see if you can find a set of doors that match your color. It'll set you back ~$50-100?

That sucks. Did you piss anyone off recently? And yeah, I would suggest going to a junkyard and looking for some decent doors although finding some doors with less dents or scratches might be difficult

Pellham

Banned
not a car keying incident, but the other day i ****ed one of my doors up against a parking garage post. It looks scratched up to heck. I'm not going to bother getting it fixed though, i mean yeah it looks bad but i'm not impressing chicks with my 97 camry to begin with.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Pellham said:
not a car keying incident, but the other day i ****ed one of my doors up against a parking garage post. It looks scratched up to heck. I'm not going to bother getting it fixed though, i mean yeah it looks bad but i'm not impressing chicks with my 97 camry to begin with.

Depends on the chick.

I am not going to be driving around with some POS doors from some junkyeard that do not even match my car. I am concerend with who did this but I live in an apartment complex with 100 other tenants, and it is impossible to find out who did it.

When I see people with keyed cars I automatically assume it is because they are a bad person. It is kind of ironic that this would happen to me. I am a God fearing Christian man that tries to live by ethical and honest standards, and I do not have any enemies I can think of. I try to stay away from the drama, but apparently it has found me. This sucks.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Shawnwhann said:
I am work right now, and I am getting ready to go to lunch cause it is about that time. My boss comes up to me and asks, "When did someone key your car"? I tell her she is clearly mistaken, and I run out to my car to see if if really went down that way. I get to my car and my whole right side of my 2005 Nissan Altima looks like someone was practicing their cursive writing. During my lunch break I go to a local body shop to get an estimate on what it would cost, and he comes back with a quote for 1209, but reduces the rate to 750 because he feels bad for me. Any GAFers go through some crap like this, what should I do to get this fixed fast and relatively cheap. Is 750 considered cheap for something like that?

Don't let the guy act like he's doing you favors for charging you $750. Shop it around at different body shops, make them compete in price. You'd be surprised, but some of the hole-in-wall shops will do a great job and not cost alot. Check in with people around the area.

Varuna

One of my female co-workers has been driving around with S L U T etched into her drivers side door for a couple of weeks now.

Shawnwhann said:
I am not going to be driving around with some POS doors from some junkyeard that do not even match my car. I am concerend with who did this but I live in an apartment complex with 100 other tenants, and it is impossible to find out who did it.

When I see people with keyed cars I automatically assume it is because they are a bad person. It is kind of ironic that this would happen to me. I am a God fearing Christian man that tries to live by ethical and honest standards, and I do not have any enemies I can think of. I try to stay away from the drama, but apparently it has found me. This sucks.
Umm match colors? but okey dokey. Don't complain too much about price then. No one said to get green doors for your blue car.

One of my female co-workers has been driving around with S L U T etched into her drivers side door for a couple of weeks now.
Is she one? and is she hot?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Shawnwhann said:
It is kind of ironic that this would happen to me. I am a God fearing Christian man that tries to live by ethical and honest standards, and I do not have any enemies I can think of. I try to stay away from the drama, but apparently it has found me. This sucks.

I know who keyed your car!

jesus-pastor.jpg

jesus lol

MoxManiac

Shawnwhann said:

Sometimes asshole punks just do shit for no other reason but to be assholes. My brother went hiking in NH and when he came back to his car he found some idiots had broke into it, smashed the windows, stole a bunch of stuff, spray painted the sides of the car, and other misc. destruction. Sometimes people just suck.

LordMaji

Shawnwhann said:
I am a God fearing Christian man that tries to live by ethical and honest standards, and I do not have any enemies I can think of. I try to stay away from the drama, but apparently it has found me. This sucks.

...God is punishing you.

Don't let the guy act like he's doing you favors for charging you $750. Shop it around at different body shops, make them compete in price. You'd be surprised, but some of the hole-in-wall shops will do a great job and not cost alot. Check in with people around the area.

QFT. I am taking tomorrow off to get a bunch of quotes and get the best price. I have had the same girlfriend for the past 8 years, and I do not mess around on anyone. I did not do anything to deserve some mess like this, and it just sucks all around.

Shawnwhann said:

STFU, you know what you did you evil sonnovabitch!!!!!! :lol

Christopher

I remember in junior year of high school this girl cheated on my hardcore and kept all the jewlery I gave her and her mom gave her a BMW for her birthday and I keyed the shit out of that car at a party and i never ever told anyone, you guys are the first haha.

dem

People who do shit like that for no reason are just scumbags.

If I was king they would be shot.

Biohazard said:
I remember in junior year of high school this girl cheated on my hardcore and kept all the jewlery I gave her and her mom gave her a BMW for her birthday and I keyed the shit out of that car at a party and i never ever told anyone, you guys are the first haha.

You GAVE her jewelry.
Your fault.

You would be shot in demland.

Baker

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
I am a God fearing Christian man that tries to live by ethical and honest standards, and I do not have any enemies I can think of. I try to stay away from the drama, but apparently it has found me. This sucks.

I really don't mean to be rude, but I am still laughing that you think someone shouldn't mess with your car because you like jesus.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Can you do me a favor? Can you take pics of the damage and post them? This has happened to me before, and a hardcore detail at a reputable detail shop got rid of them for me.

If they're insanely deep (to the point where your nail gets stuck in them), then you're probably screwed -- if not...then I suggest having the car heavily detailed. Post pics first off, and I'll tell you what to do.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Why do you fear god? Don't they teach you and other christians that god loves all his children, and that he is forgiving of everyone?

I'm jewish, but that's a basic judeo-christian belief as far as I know. :|

Stay out of my my thread Wilco, you are notoriously annoying, inflammatory, and ignorant. Please leave the anti-religious angst out of this thread. My life has been richly blessed in so many ways due to my relationship with the lord, and I have no doubt that some good will come out of this. Right now, I cant help but feel angry about the situation

Baker

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
Stay out of my my thread Wilco, you are notoriously annoying, inflammatory, and ignorant. Please leave the anti-religious angst out of this thread. My life has been richly blessed in so many ways due to my relationship with the lord, and I have no doubt that some good will come out of this. Right now, I cant help but feel angry about the situation

Where was he when your car got keyed then? He should have zapped that ****er with lightning bolts or something.

Shawnwhann said:
LOL, you don't realize that space aliens really created us, and created the concept of God and the Lord to keep us busy and always fighting wars with each other? Live and learn, buddy boy.

Kneel Before ZOD!!!!!

LordMaji

CharlieDigital said:
This somehow feels like a joke thread...

From this quote below. I thought so also... :)

Shawnwhann said:
My life has been richly blessed in so many ways due to my relationship with the lord, and I have no doubt that some good will come out of this. Right now, I cant help but feel angry about the situation

... ... ...nope nothing to add... :(

Willco

Hollywood Square
Master_Shake_05 said:
LOL, you don't realize that space aliens really created us, and created the concept of God and the Lord to keep us busy and always fighting wars with each other? Live and learn, buddy boy.

Kneel Before ZOD!!!!!

:lol

Zod and Jesus keyed Shawnwhann's car... together!

Zod.jpg

Now your turn, Jesus.

JESUS.jpg

lol k

:D :D :D :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :)

Jesus, that God-fearing ploy just got you so ****ed, OP!!!!! I would continue, but I feel bad enough for you already.....

:)

Core407

Banned
This is why I tend to park away from the crowd. The extra 30 seconds spent walking is much better than coming back to a keyed car.

I really don't mean to be rude, but I am still laughing that you think someone shouldn't mess with your car because you like jesus.

Stating that I am a Christian should imply that I have some standards about how I live my life. I believe in virtue, ethics, morals, and helping people whenever I can. I am thinking someone should not mess with my car because I did not and do not do anything to provoke such vindictive actions. Do not assume to know my reasoning and making yourself look foolish

Willco

Hollywood Square
Shawnwhann said:
Stating that I am a Christian should imply that I have some standards about how I live my life. I believe in virtue, ethics, morals, and helping people whenever I can. I am thinking someone should not mess with my car because I did not and do not do anything to provoke such vindictive actions. Do not assume to know my reasoning and making yourself look foolish

jesuslach.jpg

u r a dick im glad i keyed ur car lol

Chony

Shawnwhann said:

Turn the other cheek dude, or whatever man.

Shawnwhann said:
I believe in laughing at cynical extremists like you!!!!

I have ethics, too. Don't shit where you sleep ;)

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm still offering to help if you'd like to ignore the aforementioned wankers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom