• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LORE: bi-weekly podcast about true life scary stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys prefer to listen to Lore/TBT/NS?

I listen to Lore when I'm driving a long distance (generally out to a desolate area, this winds up happening once every other week). Listen to The Black Tapes just before bed time. Listen to No Sleep on long drives through the city.

So I heard you guys like Serial-like documentary podcasts about fictional unexplained/supernatural events?

Check this out.

Oh cool! Thanks for sharing, will check it out.

Fireblend

Banned
I do tons of walking throughout the week (most places I go to are in walkable distance - work, gym, my gf's, my house, etc) so that's when I listen to podcasts the most. Lore tends to fit my morning walk to work almost perfectly, while I usually listen to TBT on my way back home, but they tend to be a bit longer so I end up listening to the rest of each episode in bed. I think the only podcast I wait until night to listen to is Night Vale.

Also, I feel like this discussion could be moved to the PodcastGAF thread. Tons more people there for sure, and this conversation has deviated a bit from being solely about Lore :p

I do tons of walking throughout the week (most places I go to are in walkable distance - work, gym, my gf's, my house, etc) so that's when I listen to podcasts the most. Lore tends to fit my morning walk to work almost perfectly, while I usually listen to TBT on my way back home, but they tend to be a bit longer so I end up listening to the rest of each episode in bed. I think the only podcast I wait until night to listen to is Night Vale.

Also, I feel like this discussion could be moved to the PodcastGAF thread. Tons more people there for sure, and this conversation has deviated a bit from being solely about Lore :p

I think we should start a separate thread. These are specific types of podcasts compared to what the typical podcasts are. These are more like radio dramas and works of fiction where as a lot of podcasts are more like radio shows/discussion.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I think we should start a separate thread. These are specific types of podcasts compared to what the typical podcasts are. These are more like radio dramas and works of fiction where as a lot of podcasts are more like radio shows/discussion.
That's a really great idea. Audio dramas: The once and future king!

Fireblend

Banned
Man, I just listened to the latest TBT what the hell was up with that Percy's VA lol. That was hilarious.

Anyone listened to Limetown yet? Supposedly the second episode is coming out soon.

Can't get into The Black Tapes or Last Podcast on the Left, for whatever reason. Wish I could, since a lot of you guys enjoy them.

Lore is still my favorite. I see a lot of people complaining about Aaron's dramatic pauses, but I love them and think they're a big part of why I enjoy the show's presentation.

munchie64

I've decided to start listening to these on my morning - and evening - bus/train ride to - and from - uni. Since they're short it'll be easy to start with episode one and work my way up in a couple of days. Way too scared to listen by myself at night, but the thing interests me so much. Will see how I go tomorrow.

Fireblend

Banned
It took a really long time, but Limetown episode 2 is out and I really, really like the direction they're taking with the story. I think I might like it more than TBT. If you guys haven't checked it out I think now's an even better time than when I first suggested it: the creators are now promising to release episodes in a more regular basis :p

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm really coming to love those crazy cats over at Last Podcast on the Left. Listening to their Spree killers episodes and it's a real chuckle fest.

mjc

Popping in to say that Last Podcast on the Left is my jam, and I love Detective Popcorn.

I tried to get into Lore but I just can't. Aaron's writing and delivery is too...I'm not sure how to describe it. Pompous? Annoying.

Majestad

Banned
Popping in to say that Last Podcast on the Left is my jam, and I love Detective Popcorn.

I tried to get into Lore but I just can't. Aaron's writing and delivery is too...I'm not sure how to describe it. Pompous? Annoying.

Yeah, that's pretty evident in the first episodes, but he has gotten better in the more recent ones.

Fireblend

Banned
I just finished the first episode on my train ride to school. Just fantastic. Great premise, great production. I'm so in. Great stuff.

Imagine a crossover between TBT and LT

Cool! I was hoping you'd listen to it. The second episode is even better IMO, and yeah, production values are through the roof. A crossover would be great, I bet at least the TBT team is thinking about it since they already did a Lore crossover and LT/TBT have mentioned each other on their twitter feeds a couple of times I think.

Also, I've seen a couple of similar podcast recommendation threads on the TBT subreddit. Might want to look for those.

Acorn

Can't get into The Black Tapes or Last Podcast on the Left, for whatever reason. Wish I could, since a lot of you guys enjoy them.

Lore is still my favorite. I see a lot of people complaining about Aaron's dramatic pauses, but I love them and think they're a big part of why I enjoy the show's presentation.
Last podcast on the left is an aquired taste i think. First time i listened I hated it because I wanted it to be scary not funny. I then listened the Dahmer episodes and became a fan.

Still prefer proper scary/creepy stuff than jokey though.

Cool! I was hoping you'd listen to it. The second episode is even better IMO, and yeah, production values are through the roof. A crossover would be great, I bet at least the TBT team is thinking about it since they already did a Lore crossover and LT/TBT have mentioned each other on their twitter feeds a couple of times I think.

Also, I've seen a couple of similar podcast recommendation threads on the TBT subreddit. Might want to look for those.

Seriously, LT is a great recommendation, thank you for telling us about it. Wouldn't have heard of it otherwise.

But yeah, crossover would be cool. I love how tight knit these podcast communities feel.

Ledhead

Listening to Lore now. Thanks for sharing, this is great. Though I'm not really one to believe in supernatural events/stories, I love listening to them nonetheless, if only for the mystery

New Lore is great (haunted doll).

Ya, I really liked this one. For reference, here's the doll in question:

1384785384.jpg.CROP.promo-large2.jpg

the little stuffed animal its holding is almost creepier...and that thing is creepy.

Also, I'll chime in. Lore is pretty good. I marathon-ed it at work last week, and I'm looking forward to further episodes.

Kill it with fire. Also, helluva cliffhanger. WTF happened to the couple at the end of the story?

Nothing, they lived on. They even said the daughter still stands by what she experienced. What they saw at the end was the last straw before they donated the doll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom