• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Kambing

Really unfortunate to see so many experience a lot of issues.

I must have mad luck lol. Been playing for the past hour and it has been a blast. Only thing that has bothered me is that it does not stop raining? Looks amaze balls but kind of bored of the same scenery/effect. Few of my notes for those interested.

2500k@4.5ghz, Titan X (15% OC), 8GB RAM, SSD install directory, Windows 8.1, Xbox 360 controller

-----------------------

4k DSR, max in-game settings (sans AA, v-sync on), only game works option enabled is rain and light shaft

-----------------------

- Playing at a locked 30 FPS (via. ini lock). Feels much smoother/console 30FPS than Witcher 3. Seriously feels smooth.
- In one hour of playing got two drops/stutter to 27 FPS. Think this is unrelated to performance and might be streaming related? Have done the bat mobile fight and saw no drops. But was coming out of an enclosed environment and that is when the stutter was felt.
- Game looks fucking amazing and bat mobile controls well.
- Not sure if the A/F is at 16x however...
- Downsampling from 4k->1080p produces pre-rendered/cgi look? its glorious.
- The ocean seriously looks badass the way the waves move lol.
- FMV's are at a really weird FPS? Saw 52-56 like what lol

If they can fix the stutter i will be very happy with the performance and experience i am getting playing this game.

I don't think there is a texture setting above normal.

I'll have to unlock my framerate but I'm getting a locked 31 FPS at 4K just running around.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
i7-3770k
GTX 760
16gb of ram
running off sshd

1080p
Textures Normal
Everything else High
all nvidia game works stuff off
Benches at 50 or so fps avg, lowest being 37.
Actual game is running at 30 fps with frequent drops below.

I hope by the time I finish the Witcher they've included an option to remove film grain and fixed this up.

I guess now we know why no PC codes were sent out for review eh?

Yeah, this is bad. I have a 7970 and a 3570K, nothing decent, but it still should be playable on the lowest settings, right?

It isn't. I'm pretty sure I drop into single digits when I turn around. On top of that, the game looks awful, even on the highest settings. Gonna wait and return if this isn't fixed REAL fast.

KHlover

Banned
The stuttering in this game is FUCKING AWFUL.

Like it stops randomly for a full second while gliding. That's on top of regular stuttering. FRAPS shows that it goes over 60fps, for some reason, despite me locking it to 60.

This is unplayable.

I don't even want to play this right now, even if it gets fixed. The taste in my mouth is sour as fuck.

Worst is I can't even get a refund.

Eat shit WB. Eat fucking shit.

CPU/GPU: 4670K/280X
Didn't pay with PayPal? They usually don't mess around when it comes to refunding you.

I will add that aside from the game not connecting to Steam for some odd reason, my performance has been mostly solid. Fluctuates between 50-60 FPS, but rarely drops below that.

For reference, my rig is:

GTX Titan
i7 3770k @ 3.5
16 GB RAM

npa189

I hope by the time I finish the Witcher they've included an option to remove film grain and fixed this up.

The film grain is awful, makes the game look worse than city. Preformance seems okay here, need to unlock the framerate and turn the gameworks stuff off. Such a strange release to get a co-marketing deal.

City was far from an amazing port. If you had dx11 features turned on it ran like shit on maxed hardware at the time.

When it wasn't causing the game to crashing anyway.

Will the season pass give the harley DLC for the Nvidia promo people?
Yo WTF man? I bought the Season Pass and I don't see the Harley Quinn DLC anywhere!

It and the store bonuses won't be available to everyone with the season pass until the exclusivity time frame ends in a couple months apparently.

Man everyone in here is a bunch of babies... Look, every game released now is going to have problems the day of launch. If you can't troubleshoot or can't deal with having a few issues here or there, you should probably just wait until about a week from now and a few patches will be out and all these little problems will be fixed.

Did you name your XBL gamertag after Executive Director, Marketing, Unscripted & Alternative Television at Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies? Just asking

So I have a 3570k 4.7ghz OC, and 970 OC at 1500mhz and increased memory clock by 400ish. I get a constant 60 fps at 1080p with everything on and highest possible settings. I want to use the high texture resolution and see what kind of FPS I get. Where is that located in the .ini file? DetailMode?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm..

Got around 90 fps average on the benchmark running everything maxed at 1920x1080.

Turned on all of the Nvidia features and got 54 fps average. The enhanced smoke effects look pretty comical.

I'm about to start the actual game, but am I missing something? The graphics in the benchmark didn't look all that great compared to the footage they showed a long time ago. Also, textures are maxed at "Normal" or something, but is that the same for everyone?

Specs are i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz, GTX 970, 16GB RAM.

Shadownet

Banned
Man everyone in here is a bunch of babies... Look, every game released now is going to have problems the day of launch. If you can't troubleshoot or can't deal with having a few issues here or there, you should probably just wait until about a week from now and a few patches will be out and all these little problems will be fixed.
What is this shit?

Dave_6

What the fuck. Finally gets done unpacking, I go to verify the files and it begins re-downloading the entire fucking game again. Are you fucking kidding me?

Was not offline, in the US and no vpn was used.

KHlover

Banned
Gemüsepizza;169472216 said:
Steam reviews are currently "Mixed" (41% positive). As soon as it falls below 40% this will change to "Mostly Negative". Oh lol.
Sounds like this will be a refund party.

JohngPR

I'm thinking of locking it to 30. I get a few sweet nuggets of 60fps goodness, but it fluctuates enough that I'm focusing more on that than actually playing.

The reviews are for the well optimized console version. The PC version wasn't released for review.

Yeah, I knew there was no PC review code, I didn't intend for that sentence to insinuate people reviewed the PC verison and misled..I was trying to convey that for such a critically acclaimed game that's meant to fire on all cylinders, I can't enjoy a minute of it.

So much stuttering and radical FPS drops and even the lowest texture option pushes as close to 2GB as possible, possibly going over (hence the excessive stuttering). The PC version is like a brute forced 1:1 console port given how VRAM intensive it is.

The film grain is awful, makes the game look worse than city. Preformance seems okay here, need to unlock the framerate and turn the gameworks stuff off. Such a strange release to get a co-marketing deal.

Yeah my performance isn't too bad, not really getting any stuttering or anything, but it does definitely seem unoptimized.

But WTF at the film grain. Shit looks terribad.

komorebi

Stuttering is terrible both in cut-scenes and in the game (haven't even gotten to Batmobile yet). Fuck it, I'm capping it at 30 and/or will wait for the inevitable patches.

Also the chromatic aberration in this game is disgusting. What the hell possesses developers to use it? They're completely insane especially when they don't give us the option to toggle it off. This is an embarrassment of a port.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Can't even boot up - image flickers constantly and i can't input anything. Trying to ALT TAB is a pain in the ass just to get it to close. Guessing I'm not alone

What the fuuuuck

bigkrev

i5-4670K and 2GB GTX 770

Ran everything either on low or off at 1080P, and the game is stuttering mess. The first part with the batmobile nearly made me vomit.

Wish I had paid full price on steam instead of half-price on a third party site, so I could refund this and just get the PS4 version :(

MattyG

Banned
VnDM8.gif

Maybe something good will come out of this mess after all...

Game is running decently for me now. Mid to high 50s, everything turned maxed except for smoke and debris.

Tri-SLI 670s, so hopefully when a proper SLI configuration is setup I'll be able to play this game at at least 80, ideally 120, FPS.

Textures are definitely uglier than I'd hoped.

This port is absolute garbage. I have a 970 and the frame rate is all over the place. It's unplayable right now. Hopefully they get a quick patch out.

styl3s

Anyone figure out any other ini settings worth changing? Can't figure out how to get rid of this grain filter or whatever this hideous thing is.

Nekrono

So I think I know why this game performs so bad, for most people but especially people with 970.

My game was crashing everytime after a couple minutes of playing and almost every single time I changed resolution or any other graphic setting, Windows came up with a "Running out of memory" message so I thought it was my RAM (8Gb) but that's recommended for the game so I decided to take a look at Afterburner logs since the OSD doesn't work for me at least while in game.

This is what I found:

VRAM usage while in menu: 1906Mb

VRAM while in game: 3454Mb

VRAM while driving: 3651Mb

Unless my Afterburner is giving some bad readings that VRAM usage is batshit crazy! Especially for 1080p and this game.

No wonder it keeps crashing and stuttering so much.

Top Bottom