• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Valley (BF 2) is coming to BF 4. Two weeks testing on CTE begins today

Lakitu

st5fu
They were polling maps a few months ago and the result is that Dragon Valley is coming to BF 4.

I'm slightly disappointed it's only going to be one map but it's better than nothing.

Here's the article on the CTE section on Battlelog

newscontent_valley1-618x331.png

newscontent_valleybridge1-618x331.png

You can also destroy and repair bridges just like in BF 2.

RE-IMAGINING GAMEPLAY
We spent some time playing all the maps at the top of the poll results to get refreshed on just how these maps felt in-game as well as what they looked like.

We were not only looking to just re-imagine the maps visually – we also would like the gameplay of the map to be similar to the old version. You should get that same feel for the game as you did back then.

One issue with our Dragon Valley pick was Battlefield 2’s really limited draw distance & fog, which enabled players to sneak around and get that “classic” conquest flag cap rotation in a relatively narrow map. This posed some problems to us as our draw distance in Battlefield 4 more or less covers the full map.

We were able to address this through the use of more foliage, a cloud layer and a taller, more fitting terrain.

I'll post some gameplay whenever we get some.

just bought bf4 on psn.
tried bf3 at a friends a month ago and loved it.
installing all the updates now.
isn't it odd that bf4 is still getting dlc (free dlc?) while hardline is out? Is bf4 a much better game or something?

just bought bf4 on psn.
isn't it odd that bf4 is still getting dlc (free dlc?) while hardline is out? Is bf4 a much better game or something?
BF4 and Hardline are kinda pointed different target demographics, though Hardline propably wasn't as much of a succes as EA had hoped either.

Lakitu

st5fu
just bought bf4 on psn.

To be honest, Hardline's quite different and that's not including the theme. Right now weapon balance is kind of screwed and it doesn't seem to be getting as much support as it should on that end (excluding DLCs).

Plus it's much more infantry focus, it doesn't really play well on Conquest (although it's known to be fun on modes like Heist, Blood Money) and the TTK is shorter than BF 4.

BF 4 is more complete at this point with 30 maps, and another 5 coming that are going to be free. It's also more popular (on PC anyway).

I like Rush, but Conquest is the staple of Battfield.

Not for me.

Im a Battlefield fan since Bad Company 1 and since then Rush is my all time favorit. Makes me sad that a mode like Rush only gets the big "fuck you" in terms of DLC maps. All the DLCs Map for BF4 play awful in Rush.

BF3 had some okish Rush Maps. But looks like that BC2 still will be king for Rush fans :/

Not for me.

Im a Battlefield fan since Bad Company 1 and since then Rush is my all time favorit. Makes me sad that a mode like Rush only gets the big "fuck you" in terms of DLC maps. All the DLCs Map for BF4 play awful in Rush.

BF3 had some okish Rush Maps. But looks like that BC2 still will be king for Rush fans :/

I loved rush in BC2, but the maps for it have been awful in BF3 \ BF4. I've pretty much given yup on it.

Coolluck

It's no Arica Harbor but free is free. I hope it's added to the Gun Master rotation since that's basically all I play anymore.

I would love for them to implement the Backstab map from Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. I remember beta testing that game on PS2. It was online multiplayer, and Backstab was the only map you could play. Me and my friend just dominated that map. Then when the game actually released, we continued to destroy everyone.

That was so much fun, I have so many fond memories of it. I would love to see it redone.

VariantX

This map needs way more transport vehicles. Got kind of tiresome running from point to point simply because no bikes, jeeps or atv's were there to speed us along to the next objective after we've captured and secured a flag.

Naked Lunch

Dragon Valley was awesome. The real question is if it will having one team starting with all the flags and the other just starting on the carrier like the original. This is a conquest setup that has been forgotten by DICE. Needs to come back to mix things up.

RedFury

Neat! Looking forward to seeing the BF4 rendition of it. Should be good. :)

Conquest is Battlefield.

Rush was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.
No, wrongway indeed.
I'll take dragon valley though. Almost all maps from BF2 are better than any map from bf3/4.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Conquest is Battlefield.

Rush was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

agree-o.gif

I would love for them to implement the Backstab map from Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. I remember beta testing that game on PS2. It was online multiplayer, and Backstab was the only map you could play. Me and my friend just dominated that map. Then when the game actually released, we continued to destroy everyone.

That was so much fun, I have so many fond memories of it. I would love to see it redone.

I'm always happy to find another Backstab fan. Still my favorite map of any Battlefield game.

Dragon Valley was awesome. The real question is if it will having one team starting with all the flags and the other just starting on the carrier like the original. This is a conquest setup that has been forgotten by DICE. Needs to come back to mix things up.

Are there no Conquest: Assault maps in BF4? I remember they added some in BF3 with the Back to Karkand pack, but I don't recall any beyond those.

Top Bottom