• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus for PSVITA rated in Korea Game Rating Board

catmario

http://www.grac.or.kr/Statistics/Po...4c5ced02d1771cecd98f227eaeaf17ed258610ac557e8

eDXhx6v.jpg

v22Iv6h.jpg

XCOM for vita is coming!!!

Brainwash me if old

Takao

Banned
Okay, so it looks like Brazil was right about Civilization Revolution 2 Plus, Assasin's Creed Chronicles and now XCOM. Oh no, Square Enix is going to release the PSP version of Type-0 now, aren't they?

Jawmuncher

I'd be al for this. Haven't played much on PC and since I don't need mod support this would be a great game on the go.

I wonder if the performance could be any better out of just a better optimized port...

Frame rate for both EU and EW isn't particularly good but the game also crashes, especially in larger later ship raids. Rather often for me. The most recent time this year, it actually completely corrupted my Ironman save file. Game wouldn't even load after I hard-restarted my PS3. I had to download my most recent Cloud upload and I lost a long night's worth of progress.

I'd buy it for my PS TV if it was better optimized and I could have use the Vita/TV's great suspend mode for more convenient pick up and play.

catmario

It's a bit sad as It's Unknown, not Within.
But I'm happy with 2K and Ubisoft is going to give more support to PSVITA anyway!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Not sure how cluttered the screen will be but I think this genre is definitely well suited to a handheld. Vita has been lacking in this department.

IvorB

And despite everything the Vita just refuses to die. :) This would be awesome on Vita so I hope this happens.

Clunker

This would be literally the fifth platform I'd own a copy of either Unknown or Within on (Unknown on 360 and iOS, Within on PS3 and PC).

I'd probably do it, too. The iOS version is pretty rough on my smaller 5s screen. Would be totally worth it to have a good portable version.

I've had my emotions toyed with so much on this (and on Vita in general, really). I'll believe it when I see it. :(

cj_iwakura

Okay, so it looks like Brazil was right about Civilization Revolution 2 Plus, Assasin's Creed Chronicles and now XCOM. Oh no, Square Enix is going to release the PSP version of Type-0 now, aren't they?

Uh, isn't that a good thing?

Nick_C

Kinda hoping the "Plus" means Enemy Within is included. I'd buy it for a third time if it comes west, with or without EW.

Takao

Banned
Uh, isn't that a good thing?

Nah, cause a years late Type-0 PSP after it's been released on PS4/XB1/PC will sell like garbage. Square Enix's Vita support has genuinely never been better than it is today and I don't want that hurting things.

Odrion

Banned
Not sure how cluttered the screen will be but I think this genre is definitely well suited to a handheld. Vita has been lacking in this department.

It's been ported to the iPhone 6, which is the same screen size. Even with touch controls cluttering the UI it's really fucking good on a screen that size.

cj_iwakura

Nah, cause a years late Type-0 PSP after it's been released on PS4/XB1/PC will sell like garbage. Square Enix's Vita support has genuinely never been better than it is today and I don't want that hurting things.

Who cares, gimme it.

I don't think so. I don't have any evidence otherwise, but I feel like the PSP game still looks and plays extremely well. Not to mention there is a big Vita population who wanted this game on their system very badly.

Basically, all the people who still wanted Type-0 on the Vita still do. Hopefully they finally put Crisis Core up there too.

Chances of this actually being real: 0
%

This isn't its first appearance, though.

performance on PS3 version is not that good, enough that I decided to buy Steam version during a sale. I wonder how bad it'll ran on Vita...

Katori

Vita supports UE3
Mobile version with touch support already built, already runs at Vita resolution
Why not?

Sooooooo bought^^ Really hope it has the Enemy Within content as well; I think it really adds meat to an already fantastic game^^ In my top 10 from last gen for sure!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Maybe it's true after all! :D
I just hope the port is from someone who cares(=anyone but sony) :\

Type 0 is spectacular for a psp game, but imo is very boring, repetitive and with many wrong ideas well implemented and good ideas badly implemented, i left it after few hours.

Top Bottom