• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Secred agony (Go to hell)

Corpekata

Banned
The developer's resume isn't particularly noteworthy, and he doesn't really detail who else is working with him, if anyone. And it seems fairly ambitious. Looks cool, but too many red flags for me.

He mentions Siren, Silent Hill and DOOM as inspirations, but it seems far more DOOM and Clive Barker than Siren or Silent Hill. It's obviously a short clip, but I wouldn't even think that was a horror game unless someone told me that's what it was meant to be.

gabbo

He mentions Siren, Silent Hill and DOOM as inspirations, but it seems far more DOOM and Clive Barker than Siren or Silent Hill. It's obviously a short clip, but I wouldn't even think that was a horror game unless someone told me that's what it was meant to be.

I don't really get the horror game vibe either, even though the setting is apparently meant to be Hell. I guess, it's 'biblical horror' in that Divine Comedy sense of the sights and sounds of unending suffering and Hell's landscape are meant to be scary?

Of course it's just a couple of quick videos.

I think it could be interesting, but I'll hold off for now

The developer's resume isn't particularly noteworthy, and he doesn't really detail who else is working with him, if anyone. And it seems fairly ambitious. Looks cool, but too many red flags for me.

I really like what I'm seeing but yeah, I just don't think I can throw down money on this one. :/

DieH@rd

Banned
Looks very interesting and unique, but they are asking for a lot of money. I doubt they will collect enough [which is a shame].

Madm4n

Neo Member
Hi,
I'm Sacred Agony creator :)

Good point, I just updated kickstarter page with this info:
Currently I have 10 talented experts who declared to join me if project starts. This includes two animators, three 3d artists, three pogrammers, concept/ui artist, and texture artist. It is more than enough to start the project.

They are asking for A LOT of money, but man art wise is stunning.
Thanks!
I know that we are asking for a lot, but this game have ambition to become AAA title. Can it be done with lower budget? Sure, but this is exact amount of money necessary to achieve presented quality, and our original vision ;)

Soon we will reveal 12 minutes of new, martyr gameplay, which will include swimming, new enemy type, torches, nudity, hostile enviroment, gore and much more :)
+ interactive trailer
+ story trailer

Feel free to ask any question :)

I love anything to do with Hell. I've been obsessed with it since I saw the frescoes in Florence when I was a boy. So I guess you get to wander around hell a bit in this then? Cool. Is it a greek Hades style hell or a Christian hell with all this kind of nonsense in it...

enfer%20giovanni%20da%20modena.jpg

...or something else?

Madm4n

Neo Member
I think, there is a bit of Beksiński and Brueghel in Sacred Agony hell design. The truth is that I was inspired by many artists and writers. but reading Divine Comedy for me was the first time when I thought "Damn, I would love to make a game like this".

But I dont want to just copy another artists, and make something unique and fresh. I think it's a good start:
11722292_1593641567566897_5635072980370566498_o.jpg

11703262_1592477204350000_7388658657679503391_o.jpg

11717555_1593641577566896_2191272131919268383_o.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

84155292.jpg

11722263_1592477194350001_8620654181168031262_o.jpg

11717460_1592477417683312_4715729384905457743_o.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

:)

Trace

Banned
Looks cool but you're not getting €544,400 without some kind of marketing or really outside the box gameplay. Can't imagine this getting funded.
yeshrug.png

Mdk7

Looks cool but you're not getting €544,400 without some kind of marketing or really outside the box gameplay. Can't imagine this getting funded.
yeshrug.png
I agree.
And it's unfortunate, as i'd love to explore that kind of twisted universe.

UrbanRats

I think visuals and sounds look cool and unique.
I'm not sure what the fuck is going on in terms of gameplay though, but i guess it's the nature of it being a quick clip.

Unfortunately, i got motion sickness from that short video, which is why i avoid most first person games, so i doubt i'd be able to play it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Please that CA is shockingly horrid n just scrolling through the pics on this page made my eyes start going blur

Top Bottom