• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Giant Beastcast: Episode X (July 31, 2015)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also on the Austin is a bit, I dunno, superfluous in everything he does?

That doesn't mean I don't like him. Alex seems angry and bitter, but I still like him. Vinny is simple, but I still like him.

Love the 'cast.
0267_80zit.gif

Man, just stop watching/following wrestling like most adults. Alex's knowledge of wrestling feels equal to the hate he has for it. Does he just hate watch it like some of my friends hate watch Fox News?

Alex, Austin move on man.

Real Hero

one choice quote for me was him defending himself for not hating pewdiepie that went sorta like "and people were writing me about how pewdipie was not inline with my aesthetic tastes.."
He has some good stuff to say, it's just how he goes more often than not that I wish he'd dial down a notch
lmao I like him and he's a good addition but I did cringe a bit when he said that

FStop7

Banned

"This tungsten cube is a great example of what we call a "structure" in the coaching profession -- something that reminds us to bring focus and attention to positive changes we are seeking to make. Be a positive deviant and get in on this cool Kickstarter." - Margaret Greenberg, Author of Profit From the Positive, McGraw-Hill Professional

dull_tauri.gif

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I didn't realise listening to music by album was so outside the norm.

FluxWaveZ

Their astonished reaction to Splatoon outselling any PS4 game in Japan tells me that they really need to read up on the current status of dedicated consoles over there.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Austin is the best. Even Alex has warmed up nicely on Beastcast, as he seemed more positive this ep than I've heard him.

Beastcast has quickly become the best VG podcast out there, eclipsing GB in only 10 episodes. Love hearing 'em.

The guest next week I believe is
Gita Jackson from the Match 3 Podcast

I've been waiting for a female guest, dope!

edit: i will miss Jeff, though. hopefully he comes back later.

hwy_61

Banned
I would not be opposed to having Jeff as a permanent member for the Beastcast. Just putting that out there.

Jabronium

I would not be opposed to having Jeff as a permanent member for the Beastcast. Just putting that out there.

Agreed, he's been a great addition. Haven't gotten to listen to this week's yet (too much SGDQ), looking forward to it and the rest of the GBeast content I need to catch up on.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
yeah the 4 duder crew they've got is perfect

I want them to have guests but I'd rather they didn't drop anyone to make room. 5 person party podcast!

Luke_Wal

Austin is the best. Even Alex has warmed up nicely on Beastcast, as he seemed more positive this ep than I've heard him.

Beastcast has quickly become the best VG podcast out there, eclipsing GB in only 10 episodes. Love hearing 'em.

I've been waiting for a female guest, dope!

edit: i will miss Jeff, though. hopefully he comes back later.

Exactly. Five man Beastcast! We will crowdfund them a fifth microphone to make it happen. My favorite Bombcasts were always the full quintet, with Ryan, Jeff, Brad, Vinny, and Patrick. Ryan and Patrick had the optimism, Jeff and Ryan the incredible rapport, Vinny with the questions to keep conversation going, and Brad with the Brad. The Beastcast already has a lot of that, which is why I think I'm such a big fan of it, even over modern day Bombcast.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This seems like a safe thread now.

I was violated by Austin. He took a Batman webm I made and attributed wrong motivations on its creator (me) on the podcast to talk about it at.

Violated. #OutWithAustin

But he is better than the rest at Rocket League so he is cool so I forgive him this one time.

hwy_61

Banned
Wait what. People don't like Austin? Seriously?

I'm never coming into one of these threads again.

Different strokes for different folks(who are WRONG).

Austin has such an infectious joy to him. How can you not smile when he's on a stream? LOOK AT THAT ADORABLE SMILE

Aurongel

Fuck you people for hating on Austin, the dude's legit. Bombcast threads from a year ago were nothing but Patrick hatred and bitching about his opinions. If I have to sit through another 4 years of listening to the same unfounded claims thrown against Austin then I'll powerbomb you bitches.

Peace.

hamchan

Austin needs some features to establish himself. Patrick had Spookin and Spelunky.

I think whether he plays the game or not it'll be all 3 at GBeast involved in the feature. Patrick being solo all the time hurt him in terms of audience appeal I feel.

It's what made me love him personally and why I'm glad he still does them on YouTube.

But neither Austin or Alex can go solo. They both need Vinny.

AJLma

Yea, I agree with Austin needing a feature. The type of games he talked about being a fan of when he joined are still relatively under-covered on the site.

Also come on now, there hasnt been any Austin bashing in this thread. There is nothing wrong with people talking about how he isnt clicking with them yet or even how they may just not like him. This isnt like when people were making disgusting comments about Patrick.

Anyway, I'd also like to see a premium feature from Austin (definitely with one or more of the other guys) to help establish himself with the viewers.

Zaph

Also come on now, there hasnt been any Austin bashing in this thread. There is nothing wrong with people talking about how he isnt clicking with them yet or even how they may just not like him. This isnt like when people were making disgusting comments about Patrick.

I was scrolling up wondering if there were edited/deleted posts or something. All I can see is a couple of people offering mild criticisms among a majority of positive posts.

If this is what now qualifies as "hate", then the internet has massively improved overnight. Yay.

popo

Their astonished reaction to Splatoon outselling any PS4 game in Japan tells me that they really need to read up on the current status of dedicated consoles over there.

Alex wasn't very clear, he sounded like he was saying that Splatoon had outsold every PS4 game combined. This would surprise me too. If, as I suspect, he meant it has sold more copies than any one PS4 title then fair enough - PS4 is tanking in Japan.

Alex wasn't very clear, he sounded like he was saying that Splatoon had outsold every PS4 game combined. This would surprise me too. If, as I suspect, he meant it has sold more copies than any one PS4 title then fair enough - PS4 is tanking in Japan.

The Bombers don't seem to know that the PS4 isn't doing great in Japan, whenever they talk sales they speak of Sony in Japan as if it was still some dominating force.

sikkinixx

Haha, what the hell?

Austin's been pretty great so far.
Yeah he's been hella dope for a hot minute. (His version of ummmmmmmmm or "ya know")

I like his contribution to the discussions a lot but like Alex I just don't find his podcasting presence, for lack of a better term, super enjoyable.

Also, Jeff better be bakalar for next week. He works really well with the GBeast guys.

Top Bottom