• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big PSP Title Next Week??? No, it's just Monster Hunter 2

IGN has a rather cryptic post today regarding a famitsu news entry on a "Big PSP game".

July 5, 2006 - PSP owners, mark your calendars for next week (we're not sure of the specific day, so just put a red streak through the entire week)! Next week's issue of Famitsu will reportedly contain the exclusive scoop on a big PSP game. The game is said to be a sequel to a hit title, but this is all that's been revealed so far.

What is this big game? Like you, we'll have to wait until next week to find out. Next week's issue is due out on 7/14, but the info should leak out a few days prior to that.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/716/716468p1.html

Speculate away!

EDIT: i'm going to guess Resident Evil

Amir0x

Banned
Oh, this is just Kingdom Hearts PSP. It's a prequel leading up to KHIII, but it has more traditional KH gameplay instead of cards like the GBA game.

Ponn

Banned
Amir0x said:
Oh, this is Kingdom Hearts PSP. It's a prequel leading up to KHIII, but it has more traditional KH gameplay instead of cards like the GBA game.

Don't get my cockles up like that.

I'm going to take the 'sequel to a hit title' to mean sequel to a hit PSP title. Given that it's Famitsu and therefore Japan, and there's only 1 real hit PSP title in Japan.....

Monster Hunter Portable 2.

I really curious too. I wonder, but highly unlikely, it's a Kingdom Hearts for PSP (since it was an EGM rumor). That would definitely have me going crazy. For the most part, I'm thinking it's going to be a Capcom or Sega Sammy game, because they promised a lot of PSP games for the 2006 fiscal year, but haven't heard of them all.

Come to think of it, it might be Devil May Cry for PSP revealed, because I heard Capcom's Japanese site lists a Devil May Cry coming to PSP, but nothing else has been said or shown.

Anyway, I can't wait.:D

Ponn

Banned
sugarhigh4242 said:
why remake on PSP when PSone emulation is coming this Fall?

Just to keep Square fans baited with the FFVII REmake hype. Absolutely nothing more.

Oh wait, I have it! It's really Einhander 2.

Well it can't be MGS Portable Ops, or one of the Final Fantasy spin offs... maybe a new FF RPG? DQ? I dunno really. Those are the obvious things I think of when I think big titles and Japan... let me go out on a limb here and say that IGN crowning it a 'big' title will either ensure disappointment total or rapture over here at ol' NeoGAF.

Why are IGN teasing? Just so we know they knew about it?

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Ideally it would be something like nice like Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, or Devil May Cry...but this is IGN so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Its not IGN, its Famitsu... IGN is reporting on the reporting.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If there is a just and loving gaming god in heaven it will be a Devil May Cry game.

I think I should just accept that there will never be a DMC PSP game and just move on with my life...

Maybe an FF title?

demi

If Kingdom Hearts PSP is a leadup to KH3, I will buy a PSP when it is released on American shores

Forceatowulf said:
If there is a just and loving gaming god in heaven it will be a Devil May Cry game.

I think I should just accept that there will never be a DMC PSP game and just move on with my life...

Maybe an FF title?

there's definitely a DMC in development... but who knows when we'll see it.

loosus

Banned
Someone should make a list of possible "big" games that don't have a sequel already coming out in the next six to eight months.

Ashodin

SolidSnakex said:
Yah if it was IGN hyping it we'd probably be looking at portable Rainbow Six.

Sony Browser 2.0

GitarooMan you punk, how are you to know if IGN is referring to "big hit" here or Japan?

When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

cvxfreak

demi said:
If Kingdom Hearts PSP is a leadup to KH3, I will buy a PSP when it is released on American shores

That really ought to be on the DS, though, like SE's other big-time handheld projects.

Ponn

Banned
cvxfreak said:
That really ought to be on the DS, though, like SE's other big-time handheld projects.

eh, no. Not if it turns out to be anything like Chain of Memories, no.

Ashodin

cvxfreak said:
so true

I want my card gameplay back! With more cardy gameplay to make amir0x cry :lol

BrandNew: I understand this, and I love Mega Man, but the game just... bored me? I dunno, I couldn't keep beating the same levels over and over at different difficulties. TEDIOUS MONOTONY

Mew3: Bro, what about Zack Fantasy VII?

Top Bottom