• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why did Capcom only make 7 copies of Castlevania:Dawn of Sorrow?

andthebeatgoeson

Well, I feel like a douche cuz me want but no sale. Translation: this ****er is impossible to find. I'll have better luck winning the lottery. Amazon has some deals from what seem like shady setups. And they have this guarantee but I'm wary.

You can check out the various sellers. One seller had 1300 ratings, the majority of them were great. But on the 1% that were negative, the guy sounded like a GameFAQ reject.

For example:
3 out of 5: "The World is Not Enough should be thrown out. Why? You lose the voice through out most of the movie. Why would anyone want to watch a movie like this. I am really disappointed and will never order a dvd from this company again. Money lost is how I see it."
Date: 6/29/2006 Rated by Buyer: ravbod
Seller Response: "Are you not your DVD player? Why don't contact us to correct the problem?" Date: 6/29/2006

2 out of 5: "Did not have the wireless adaptor, would not contact me about it. Would not recommend"
Date: 6/28/2006 Rated by Buyer: mdenette
Seller Response: "Wireless WAS in the package, even you throw it way, how do I know you are not happy if you NOT contact us first?" Date: 6/29/2006

2 out of 5: "I have already waited 8 days and my order has not come. Hopefuly tomorrow....???"
Date: 4/6/2006 Rated by Buyer: mttoplady2000
Seller Response: "You placed the order on April 1 with media mail, On April 6, you leave a negative?" Date: 4/7/2006

So what gives? Anybody have good or bad stories of alternative sellers on Amazon (sponsored by NEOGAF...send me money)? This seller has way too many great ratings for me to miss out on DS castlevania goodness. But he sounds like he needs brainz with his responses. How hard is it to act professional at your place of business? Maybe type a little better than your average forum slob?

The moral of the story? Preorder Portrait of Ruin.

/threa....uh, I await your reply with baited breath to continue this thread.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Emotions said:
Simply because Capcom doesn't make Castlevanias. It's Konami who made them.

But Capcom made 7 copies apparently, according to the thread maker.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If you're late to the party then Konami doesn't want you there.

And neither do we Mr. Johnny Come Lately.

MASB

7? If Capcom had made even one copy of DoS, I would have considered that something of an achievement. ;)

I don't know why Konami has an aversion to making money. Especially since cartridge production costs for DS games are even lower than previous generations. And they hopefully know that there's an audience out there that want to buy the games.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
skinnyrattler said:
They don't like my money?

They don`t like wasting money on pressing copies that might never sell.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
skinnyrattler said:
Mods, please ban this guy.

kojima.jpg

"Yes, my liege."

if you find one of the 7 copies of Capcom Castlevania, do you get to visit Capcom HQ in Japan? Does Shinji Mikami sing to you.

"I asked you not to go into the room where Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game was made. You lose. GOOD DAY SIR!"

andthebeatgoeson

Kusagari said:
You can buy it new on Amazon...
Just tried it a hour ago. It says it's available but the status after you almost check it out is listed as 'In stock soon'. I already ordered from Best Buy, which they cancelled after a week. There's no more shipments.

thetrin

skinnyrattler said:
Just tried it a hour ago. It says it's available but the status after you almost check it out is listed as 'In stock soon'. I already ordered from Best Buy, which they cancelled after a week. There's no more shipments.

Ask some gaffers. They might be willing to sell or trade. If not, try Play-Asia, NCSX, or any other online import sites. They might have a stash of JP or NA copies in a dark corner somewhere.

I just posted about this in another thread. I saw Dawn of Sorrow only a few weeks back right after I got a DS Lite at a ****ing Best Buy and I didn't buy it. Why the **** didn't I buy it? WHY ****ING SHIT GODDAMN IT I thought maybe for once there was a Castlevania on a Nintendo handheld that was easy to find. I figured I'd pick it up later after I had beaten the GBA Castlevanias.

thetrin

PuertoRicanJuice said:
I just posted about this in another thread. I saw Dawn of Sorrow only a few weeks back right after I got a DS Lite at a ****ing Best Buy and I didn't buy it. Why the **** didn't I buy it? WHY ****ING SHIT GODDAMN IT

Because you`re full of the stupid? I don`t know, was that a rhetorical question?

Red Scarlet

Hey Trin, is the Japanese version of Dawn of Sorrow easy to find? If I hopefully get a DS soon, I wouldn't mind importing it if I had to.

Coen

Here's a tip:
In about six months, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin will be one of the hottest new games on Nintendo DS. Also, it will be very hard to find. If you want it, make sure you get it on or around launch.

ZeoVGM

Banned
i am almost positive this is the second thread where someone asked this same question, including the whole capcom thing

I ordered mine from Amazon on Saturday. They shipped it yesterday. From what I've heard it sounds like they sold their (very) limited supply out in 3 days.

Zeed

Banned
skinnyrattler said:
FailMiddle.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Wow... for once I'm the early adoptor on a hard-to-find game.

Except for Mario DDR. :lol

Still don't have Phoenix Wright :(

I really didn't think it was this ridiculously hard to find. Jesus Christ. I'm gonna wrap my dick in tin foil and stick it in a electrical socket and post it on YouTube.

Tarazet

I made the right choice and early adopted Phoenix Wright and Castlevania... and I think I got in on Trauma Center in time, but I'm not positive. No big whup if I didn't.

The funny thing is that Castlevania was still widely available until the day that the DS Lite hit... then it vanished overnight.

Gribbix

A lot of Konami's games tend to have a relatively short print run. They usually start to become a bit difficult to find after 6 months or so. I went looking for DoS shortly after buying a DS Lite. None of the usual stores I went to carried it. Luckily, my hunch that one of the more ratty looking Toys R' Us stores in the area would have it paid off.

It's not too expensive on Ebay at the moment, really. I just did a quick search, and used copies don't seem to exceed 34 bucks, while new copies go for about 40. That's pretty close to retail price.

It's still a good time to buy it. Doubt there's gonna be a reprint on this one. Prices are just gonna get higher.

demi

Got my copies of Castlevania, Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center! Hope they get rare and hard to find so I can sell them BECAUSE THEY ALL ****ING SUCK

SantaC

demi said:
Got my copies of Castlevania, Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center! Hope they get rare and hard to find so I can sell them BECAUSE THEY ALL ****ING SUCK

the best game on DS sucks now?

PuertoRicanJuice said:
I really didn't think it was this ridiculously hard to find. Jesus Christ. I'm gonna wrap my dick in tin foil and stick it in a electrical socket and post it on YouTube.

Link please.

thetrin

Red Scarlet said:
Hey Trin, is the Japanese version of Dawn of Sorrow easy to find? If I hopefully get a DS soon, I wouldn't mind importing it if I had to.

Excellent question. I haven't looked for it, to tell the truth. If you want, I can check for you this weekend.

Top Bottom