• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hitman screenshots....47 is old again?

Just a few fairly uninteresting shots here

But it appears that they've gone back to 47s older look from the previous games, which is great news to me.

poison my sushi if old.

CLz7uqkWUAAn_xZ.png

EDIT: Didnt know that dualshockers was blocked...updated link.

Spoo

That's a nice image. Frankly I didn't care he was younger since I don't have any emotional attachment to the character, but I'm glad people are happy with the change. Graphics look pretty great -- maybe the beta is coming up pretty soon?

Love the art direction, very natural colors.

Their new engine looks so much better without the weird Instagram filters that Absolution used.

I really disliked the face in the reveal trailer, glad to see they've tweaked it. Looks a lot more like the lean & mean, refined assassin I loved from Codename 47/Silent Assassin than the bulkier 'hard man' of Contracts/Blood Money. Needs his gloves though.

That's a nice image. Frankly I didn't care he was younger since I don't have any emotional attachment to the character, but I'm glad people are happy with the change. Graphics look pretty great -- maybe the beta is coming up pretty soon?

Theres an alpha going on for the PC version and some leaked videos around the internet.

Metal-Geo

where the fuck are his glove?
Goddammit I was literally just about to click "Reply" to ask the same...

Anywho, 47 looks like a fucking bad ass in those screenshots.

I think there were some stories of the HITMAN missions taking place during different times of 47's timeline. Hence his facing looking somewhat inconsistent (qua age) in the first 'gameplay' trailer.

But that screenshot just feels like the developers' reaction to the whole drama.

where the fuck are his glove?

No fingerprints, right? At least I thought that's what was goin' on.

Travis (the CM at IOI) said they haven't forgotten the gloves and he'll have them in other levels, but that he isn't wearing them in the alpha level because it would look less suspicious at such a public event like a fashion show. I don't know how much I buy that explanation, but there you go.

that would be a weird thing to change if true. every single game has him wearing gloves with his suit. thats the first thing noticed here.

If I were genetically engineering assassin's I sure as hell wouldn't give them fingerprints, haha. Pretty sure he never has and it was more of a design thing.

Travis (the CM at IOI) said they haven't forgotten the gloves and he'll have them in other levels, but that he isn't wearing them in the alpha level because it would look less suspicious at such a public event like a fashion show. I don't know how much I buy that explanation, but there you go.

That's good to know, because they do look nice.

BibiMaghoo

I'm glad if so, he looked very strange in the trailer, and not for any good reason. He has always been modeled on the VA, who isn't getting younger.

Denton

Step in the right direction, but still not ideal. But at least he doesnt look twelve anymore. Baby steps.

Love the new face, game is shaping up nicely.

Just hope they tweaked the disguise system, I really like the clearance tiers from the previous games without having to stand in a predesignated area to not look suspicious.
especially when said area would make you look MORE suspicious

Love the new face, game is shaping up nicely.

Just hope they tweaked the disguise system, I really like the clearance tiers from the previous games without having to stand in a predesignated area to not look suspicious.
especially when said area would make you look MORE suspicious

HOLD LB TO EAT DONUT.

Yeah, I think the nicest thing that I've seen from the leaked videos, frankly, is the fact that when you're someplace you aren't supposed to be, within reason guards will just shoo you off instead of instantly thinking "maybe I should shoot this person repeatedly". It's a beef I've had with the series since its inception.

Fury451

Banned
Maybe part of it is flashbacks to younger 47?

Looks ace either way. I figured with then keeping Bateson again they may be doing a sequel, so perhaps the original trailer is going to be related to a smaller part of the game.

BibiMaghoo

I'm not into the series, that's the point. I was only going to buy (try) it because I liked the main character. Now I have no reason to.

You should check them out anyway. It is a great series, and of a type we don't get nearly enough of.

Kssio_Aug

I'm not into the series, that's the point. I was only going to buy (try) it because I liked the main character. Now I have no reason to.

I highly recommend you to try Hitman Blood Money, so you can understand what the game is about.

Also, Blood Money is still the most fun to play. I'd say it aged well enough!

Absolution is also cool. But Blood Money is the best entry.

Correct if I'm wrong as I lasted played Absolution near its release, but I thought I remember
47 killing Diana in that one no? She's still alive in this game though right?

thenexus6

Correct if I'm wrong as I lasted played Absolution near its release, but I thought I remember
47 killing Diana in that one no? She's still alive in this game though right?

47 faked her death, she appears again at the end of the game still alive.

Everyone keeps wondering if it's a sequel or prequel. But didn't they say this game will explore several of 47's missions over the course of his career? So some of them could take place before and after or during other games. Would make sense that he would have varying ages and looks depending on the mission. Even all the previous games had interlocking timelines where certain missions from other games took place before or after certain missions in previous games. I think they're just reflecting his age during those missions now.

Taker34

Banned
I have no idea how realistic previous iterations of Hitman were but I hope this one will focus on realism and creative ways to kill targets. Wanted to get into the series but after seeing Saints Row-style nuns and all that goofy crap in Absolution, I was rather turned off by the series. Bought the HD trilogy a while ago - should give that a try.

Top Bottom