• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone at my office just said aloud "It's almost coffee o'clock!" with sincerity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm in a state of absolute shock.

I mean, Jesus Christ, has there ever been a more banal, absolutely useless office statement than, "It's almost coffee o'clock"? I think I need to step outside for a moment.

31EEd9M.jpg

Apparently this is a thing?

Genryu

Banned
And I'm in a state of absolute shock.

I mean, Jesus Christ, has there ever been a more banal, absolutely useless office statement than, "It's almost coffee o'clock"? I think I need to step outside for a moment.

Sounds like someone is having a case of the Mondays.

Corpekata

Banned
It's corny, but I can't say I'd think it's that weird, just like grouching about Mondays. Could be worse and everyone just acts like an asshole.

Shy Fingers

Banned
"I'm going to crop the hell out of these charts" was said by me today in a manner that I was pumping myself up.

So I can't really judge.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Once a chick said in my old job it's 'shitting time'.

She got up looked at our faces (which I'm guessing all were like wtf??), sat back down.

She never ended up going...

Curiocity

Time to get a sense of humor by my watch.
I would one up him, barge through and say
"THE HOUR OF MY REJUVENATION APPROACHETH"

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Well.. was it time for coffee? If it was coffee time you need to relax because their statement was fine it was coffee oclock.

This is too much, but it's almost time for a smoke break so I'll bear through it.

Smoke break is just as stupid a saying.

norm9

If it was early afternoon, then the time is appropriate. That's when my energy cycle is at its lowest and coffee o'clock strikes.

I mean, why would someone saying that even bother you so much? It's a pretty innocent and harmless statement, all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom