• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store doesn't load most of the time on my PS4

Walpurgis

Banned
Happens to me all the time. I just turn the console off then turn it back on to fix it. Sony won't do anything about it (or anything else) so we're just going to have to deal. :p

GnawtyDog

Banned
I assume this is a know thing, but it's been bothering the fuck out of me for awhile now. You click on Playstation Store, and you get a blue screen, but the store won't load. You try to buy DLC (Rocket League), it won't load. Da fuck? I shouldn't have to keep re trying it over and over to get it to load. What the fuck are these stability updates for?

Stability updates got nothing to do with server side calls?

My experience is the opposite in that I indeed have had it happen but it rarely happens. Sometimes it just takes a bit "long" to load but it loads and it's smooth throughout after that.

Happens to me all the time. I just turn the console off then turn it back on to fix it. Sony won't do anything about it (or anything else) so we're just going to have to deal. :p

You don't need to turn it off anymore, I think just hitting restart will do that same thing.

Majora

I've had a PS4 since launch and it didn't happen for the first year or so but now it happens all the time. What's New is frequently broken for me as well.

protonion

I have mentioned it many times. This solved all my psn problems.

If you are on wifi, go to your router settings and change wireless mode from b+g+n to g+n.

I had the blue screen too and had to wait for the store to load very slowly. With this setting the store loads in half a second!

score01

Never happened to me. Just launched a game, exited and tried PSN store - again all ok. Could this be related to suspend mode in some way? I never use that and always power off when done,

TDonk

Yep, my launch console only connects to the store if it's the first thing i do.

Do anything else first then it never loads.

Ambitious

I assume this is a know thing, but it's been bothering the fuck out of me for awhile now. You click on Playstation Store, and you get a blue screen, but the store won't load. You try to buy DLC (Rocket League), it won't load. Da fuck? I shouldn't have to keep re trying it over and over to get it to load. What the fuck are these stability updates for?

The store itself works for me, but I was unable to look at the DLC from within Rocket League too. The screen was just black, and the only option in the bottom bar was "Back".
Restarting the game didn't help, but restarting the PS4 fixed it.

Mr Moose

This has only happened to me when my net is being shitty or when PSN is down.
I can't think of any other time its happened other than that.

Alpende

I have this issue too. Logging out and back in works fine for me but I shouldn't have to do it, it's ridiculous.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
It happens to me every now and again, but if I exit out, give it a minute, and go back in it's all good. I assume it's something to do with how the PS4 connects to the net maybe?

The PS3 store on the other hand? That thing is a fucking write off.

gogogow

Even easier tactic, works 100% of the time for me on PS Store and PS Now.

Go to settings then network and uncheck "connect to internet" and check it again, boom problem solved.

Boom, problem solved? Ridiculous that people need to take extra steps to enter the PSN Store. This problem exists for many people for a long time. Why can't and haven't Sony fixed this already?

Happens a lot for me too.

Log out and in again usually fixes it but it's still a god damn embarrassing problem to have. Fix this shit Sony.

Soul_Pie

Happens to me all the time as well. Usually it works okay if you go into the Playstation store first, but if you play a game or use an app then try to access it I just get a blank blue screen and I have to reset if I want to use it.

Pretty bizarre that they'd have this problem with their store of all things, you know the place where they want you to give them money!

Petrae

This happens to me frequently despite a wired, 150MB connection. I log out of my profile and log back in to get things working.

I'm guessing this won't ever get fixed, much like slow-as-shit PSN download speeds.

Scrawnton

I have this issue when I'm playing a game for more than 30 minutes. The store will never load for me unless i reboot my system. It stinks because sometimes I like checking out stuff in the store while waiting for a match.

epmode

The same thing happens to me literally every time my PS4 goes to sleep. It's not my internet (websites load in the browser even as PSN hangs). I have to reboot to correct it. Logging out might work too, haven't tried it.

I've experienced this on a pretty regular basis since launch. I've always assumed it has something to do with rest mode as whenever I shutdown and restart, it's fine.

Dalex

Boom, problem solved? Ridiculous that people need to take extra steps to enter the PSN Store. This problem exists for many people for a long time. Why can't and haven't Sony fixed this already?

I'm sure he meant it as a temporary solution to access the store.

Phamit

Yeah Happens also to me, I'm solving it with rebooting everytime it happens. It's fucking annoying

The weird "news" section or whatever it is called english also don't work.

So it seems to be a problem with the connection to the PSN servers, because anything else online related like Netflix doesn't seem to be affected.

Ascenion

Happens to me all the time. Especially if I use rest mode and/or suspend resume. The store never loads, what's new never loads, the game pages never load. I can't even go into my library and re-download stuff because the game pages never load. Not sure what is going on with it, but it's been that way since launch for me and it needs to get fixed...like now.

Damn dude, I was just offering a 3 second solution for people who had to turn off, log off or restart their consoles and wait there minutes.

At least the check/uncheck trick will hopefully make it easier for them, don't have to sound off and quote me about it.

This has something to do with network strength - Never happened to me at the old place when PS4 was six feet from the router, happens constantly now that I'm grabbing an xfinity wifi signal down the street.

Top Bottom