• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

oh snapplecakes - World Cup bannage fallout continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomsk

Party Pooper
:lol

i was searching for a good 'oh snap' image, but they all looked rather painful, so i passed on posting them

Fularu

Banned
I don't get it

He says that if it doesn't concern his heritage (read mother/sister) he'd like to be banned for a month

so far he shouldn't be

LJ11

Fularu said:
I don't get it

He says that if it doesn't concern his heritage (read mother/sister) he'd like to be banned for a month

so far he shouldn't be

her·i·tage ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hr-tj)
n.

1. Property that is or can be inherited; an inheritance.
2. Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition.
3. The status acquired by a person through birth; a birthright: a heritage
of affluence and social position.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Iceman

how about if the insults were directed at the heritage of his mother and sister? then by genetic association he would also be insulting Zidane's heritage.

Fularu

Banned
LJ11 said:
her·i·tage ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hr-tj)
n.

1. Property that is or can be inherited; an inheritance.
3. The status acquired by a person through birth; a birthright: a heritage
of affluence and social position.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

The problem is, in french, heritage would mean your ancestors, parents or stuff they gave you, it has a wide meaning, that's what I meant to say.

A disparaging remark about your sister or mother is most certainly an insult to your heritage, since it reflects poorly on your lineage, and thus, your heritage...

What's the joke?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
isn't your mother a direct part of your heritage?

Isn't his mother the preceeding generation?

Zinedine Zidane said on Wednesday that Italian defender Marco Materazzi insulted his mother and his sister during the World Cup final against Italy.

LJ11

mrpeppermintman said:
A disparaging remark about your sister or mother is most certainly an insult to your heritage, since it reflects poorly on your lineage, and thus, your heritage...

What's the joke?

The joke is that he's band. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Edit: Some of you guys need to go and see the context in which it was used. He was guaranteeing that racist remarks were directed towards Zidane. The use of the word heritage was probably used to cast a wide net. Looks like it didn't work.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
"Your mother blows goat choda while your sister frigs herself to ecstasy" is a few steps away from "you goddamn Algerian terrorist" in my opinion.

...and that's the one that counts. :p

Red Scarlet

592fbbe5ed.gif

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
have we heard exact details on what was said yet? Terrorist isn't a heritage thing, although it can be I suppose. Do we know for sure he didn't say anything about his mother and sister being Algerian, or wherever he's from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom