• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Allison Road (inspired by P.T.) is coming to Kickstarter, XB1/PS4 as stretch goals

Matush

From official Allison Road twitter

untitledjplez.jpg

https://twitter.com/AllisonRoad_HQ/status/632960374816546816

Also Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are confirmed as stretch goals

untitledfho1u.jpg

Salsa

call me dumb but I just think this kind of "take advantage of hype wave / controversy about a completely different IP to get backer money" thing is shitty

then again it's up to anyone to decide with their dollars so alright

Brofield

Since the devs working on the Bloodstained port for Wii U said they'll even port over the UE4 engine (unsupported), would a game like this even have a shot for Wii U as a stretch goal/delayed release? Or is the potential release of UE4 games on Wii U still wacky and not totally feasible?

Not sure if I can commit to the KS, but I'd definitely pick up on PS4 regardless once I get the console.

BlueMagic

call me dumb but I just think this kind of "take advantage of hype wave / controversy about a completely different IP to get backer money" thing is shitty

then again it's up to anyone to decide with their dollars so alright

If it's a decent game (or at least, if they actually use the money to try to make the game good instead of keeping it) I don't see why it would be shitty. If the kickstarter was all about raising a lot of money by taking advantage of the hype to release a half-assed product then yeah, I would agree.

A-V-B

Allison Road just doesn't have the kind of direction I want to fund. It's cute that it's inspired by P.T., but the demo still seemed nothing more than kinda gimmicky indie horror, which is the inverse of what P.T. was. Very little past a surface understanding of why it was effective.

P.T. was a massively professional take on the horror genre that was merely pretending to be a cheap indie game. You don't evolve the genre by evolving off of that.

By console versions being at the "top of our stretch goals" do you think they likely mean "first of the stretch goals to reach" or "top (most expensive) stretch goal on the list" ?

P.T. isn't sacrosanct to me (though I love it) so if someone wants to try and expand on that aesthetic, be my guest. If it's good, I'll buy.

dracula_x

Doesn't make sense to me. PT is just a concept. And people want Silent Hills, not just P.T. clone. But without Kojima and del Toro it won't be the same.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Since the devs working on the Bloodstained port for Wii U said they'll even port over the UE4 engine (unsupported), would a game like this even have a shot for Wii U as a stretch goal/delayed release? Or is the potential release of UE4 games on Wii U still wacky and not totally feasible?

The timeline for this would almost certainly be 2017-2018, so...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Allison Road just doesn't have the kind of direction I want to fund. It's cute that it's inspired by P.T., but the demo still seemed nothing more than kinda gimmicky indie horror, which is the inverse of what P.T. was. Very little past a surface understanding of why it was effective.

P.T. was a massively professional take on the horror genre that was merely pretending to be a cheap indie game. You don't evolve the genre by evolving off of that.

Yup. I was not convinced by the video they put out that they really had an understanding of why anything in PT was as scary or effective as it was. They have an interesting looking locale, but looks are not everything. Unless they show off something that signals they've got a firmer understanding of horror as a concept, or have a "Kojima Directing" stretch goal, I don't think this is going to amount to much more than another flashy but hollow attempt at horror.

I mean what else will the game feature? What made PT work so well was its limited scope. It didn't need be extra long or offer a ton of features because it was a free demo.

What exactly will the game be is the question.

lifa-cobex

The demo was interesting I guess but i wanna see more ideas on paper.

It looks great an all but the demo was just a hybrid of p.t and something generic.
The thing that fascinated me more with silent hills after p.t was the trailers. Kojima and Del toro have a great deal of experience in that area and seemed they really wanted to push different ideas.

I wouldn't be to interested in a game that just repeated p.t in each level/section or chapter.

I wanna know what other ideas they have in store first.

Spot on ... although I do feel that Capcom should take notes, as many of the aspects would suit an RE7 reboot.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The constant PT name dropping from the devs themselves is so discouraging for this project. PT wasn't some unique, novel concept that would spark inspiration, it was just insanely well executed. If they pull that off with this game I'll be on board but I'd rather them focus on showing what's their own about the game and how they're handling scares and atmosphere instead of invoking the name of PT.

Brofield

The timeline for this would almost certainly be 2017-2018, so...

I guess if AR isn't looking for a couple milli then it probably will release well before Bloodstained.

Hmm...I guess, sure, in theory it could release after Bloodstained if the UE4 engine has more updates past initial development (and also presuming this does well enough to warrant a port), but...man, I get excited over nothing from a non-announcement made from an entirely separate kickstarter...

Top Bottom