• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Beta Program sign up

fritzo

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/19/how-to-sign-up-for-the-ps4-system-software-beta/

Calling all PS4 fans! Before we launch our next major system software update, we’re running a beta program to test its functionality. If you’d like to get a sneak peek at the features of the new system software, and help us with feedback on ways to improve it, sign up today.

You can sign up to be a beta tester here. You will need a PS4 system (of course), an Internet connection, and a master account — sub-accounts cannot participate in the program. Make sure you’re a member of the PlayStation Forums in advance to get access to our beta forums. Also, beta testers will be able to roll back to the previous PS4 system software update (v2.57) anytime.

The beta program will start in early September, and we’ll have more information on the new features included at that time. We are accepting a limited number of beta testers, so if you’re interested, sign up sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance for helping test the system software update — your feedback will go a long way toward making this even better.

sangreal

NDA, Sony? Really?

5. Confidential Nature of the Beta Product

You acknowledge that:

(a) The Beta Product and any information regarding your use of the Beta Product is SCEI’s confidential information. You may use the Beta Product only in your home solely for the purpose of testing the Beta Product, and you will not transfer, distribute or disclose any materials, User Material, or any information in connection with the Beta Product to any third party, including through a public exhibition or display. You may not discuss your experience with the Beta Product with third parties or publish or disseminate information about those experiences;
(b) the Beta Product is not thoroughly tested and includes pre-release materials that are not intended for public release;
(c) the features provided in the Beta Product may not be available in the final release;
(d) disclosure of any part of the Beta Product, User Material or your experiences using the Beta Product to any third party, including any trade or consumer press, news agency or any competitor of SCEI, will cause significant and irreparable harm to SCEI, the extent of which may be difficult to ascertain. Accordingly, SCEI is entitled to injunctive relief as well as all other legal remedies that may be available if you breach this Agreement.

Great to see them finally doing this. And if it leads to more transparency and communication with the firmware team all the better because those guys are mysterious and just seem to be picking features out of a hat.

Totally not signing up though.

Andrefpvs

The beta program will begin on 2nd September, and we’ll have more information on the new features included in the upcoming system software update at that time. We are accepting a limited number of beta testers, so if you’re interested, sign up sooner rather than later.

Huh. Considering the 3.0 beta test is already underway in Japan, and it will only be tested in the West in September, just when exactly will 3.0 be released? o_O

Omikaru

Signed up. Hopefully it won't be so broken that it bricks my PS4 on install (this won't happen). Thankfully, we can roll back to the older firmware if it fucks up specific games or is unstable.

Toki767

I signed up, but I'd be hesitant to install beta firmware considering Sony's track record with firmware bricking systems.

sangreal

Well, of course. Isn't it normal?

They're ineffective and only hinder legitimate conversation. Meanwhile, everyone will discuss cherry-picked leaks of dubious veracity. Most of all, they're just not fun

The xbox preview program policy for contrast:
If you want to share your experiences, please do! You can talk about the changes you see, but please remember: when you see them, we’re not quite finished yet. If you love it, or if you hate it, we hope you’ll tell us—so that what you experience can change in the right ways before the general public gets it. Not everyone can preview the updates, but the changes you’ll see are not confidential and are not covered under an NDA.

Thanks for posting. I'll give it a shot.

Can't handle it, don't sign up for it.

Yes, pointing out a dumb policy means I "can't handle it". Grow up. I signed up, btw.

Tansut

For some reason I was expecting the sign-up to include a few questions, but it was just "Hey what's your username?"

vvise

At first i was on board for signing up, but then my friend recommended me of how many PS4s were bricked by "final" firmware updates so I'm sitting this one out.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Based on whats suppose to be in 3.0, whats there to beta test? Stability?
Am I suppose to let them know it runs and looks the same as it did at launch?

Any idea what is in the next firmware update?

QUTwkFB.png

Top Bottom