• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '16 |OT| It's Madden Season

Bsigg12

EA Trax being back is a welcome addition. I got real tired of the NFL Films music.

The new setting up catches thing is nice as well.

Dominator

Please tell me you can turn off that zoom with camera on the ground looking up at the play...

I'm playing my first game and it's awful, can't see it in the settings during a game.

You can change the camera settings on the fly using the DPad Up/Down. When your team is at the line of scrimmage, hit the DPad up or down, which pull the camera back or make it closer. On defense, it also allows you to switch to a behind the defender view.

I uploaded a short clip showing the new drive summary commentary. This is one thing that I think is an improvement although we'll have to see how repetitive it gets:

https://youtu.be/8u9IFrCSKEY

While the first two comments are great, there's a 3rd when I'm returning a punt with Edelman. Great to see that punt returns are possible, but lousy to hear zero commentary during that return.

Dominator

You can change the camera settings on the fly using the DPad Up/Down. When your team is at the line of scrimmage, hit the DPad up or down, which pull the camera back or make it closer. On defense, it also allows you to switch to a behind the defender view.
Will that make the play not zoom in when I pass? I just finished a game online (won 28-10, guy conceded in the 3rd!) and I'm not gonna play again until tomorrow.

Thanks for the info though.

Will that make the play not zoom in when I pass? I just finished a game online (won 28-10, guy conceded in the 3rd!) and I'm not gonna play again until tomorrow.

Thanks for the info though.

Shouldn't zoom in when you are playing in a wider camera angle:

Through together this gif from another video: http://gfycat.com/AchingAnxiousAnole

The default super close cam zooms in on whoever has the ball, but pulls back on passing plays, only to zoom back in once a reception is made. But the other camera angles, which most people play with, generally stay locked at that fixed distance.

I'm with ya, #gopackgo

So then you must be wondering the same thing I am about this years Madden. Really the only thing I'm worried about...Will Aaron Rodgers actually look like Aaron Rodgers this year?

I'm pretty sure they switched him and AJ Hawks face, and body, in '15

I hope the play calling windows are better this year. I'm never quite satisfied with how they do it.

Also, hopefully they change the effing Jaguars offensive playbook. It's been the same shit for years, even with different OC's.

Dominator

Shouldn't zoom in when you are playing in a wider camera angle:

Through together this gif from another video: http://gfycat.com/AchingAnxiousAnole

The default super close cam zooms in on whoever has the ball, but pulls back on passing plays, only to zoom back in once a reception is made. But the other camera angles, which most people play with, generally stay locked at that fixed distance.
Oh thank god lol, thanks for that. Just how I like to play it in that gif right there!

Kiyo

Draft Champions is a really interesting mode. I really like it.

Same. As soon as my game finished downloading I figured I'd just jump straight into franchise mode like I do every year. But I decided to open my free ultimate team packs first and then decided to check this mode out and I'm really enjoying it.

I saw the intro video on youtube and its cringe-worthy.

Still cant wait to play, dominate with my Pack and build up TY Montgomery to a superstar since im a Stanford fan for college football.

Like the idea for Draft champions since i like MUT but dont use real money so i get smashed at times, but i did pay the extra $30 for the super-delux version this year.

Out of curiosity. We know Madden outsells FIFA in the U.S. (although by less than what you may think).

How do worldwide sales of Madden stack up to WW sales of FIFA?

Well AFAIK in spain they don't sell the game so I buy mine from the US. I would assume sales in the UK are solid.
For what it's worth: Mexico is the 2nd largest market for the NFL outside of the U.S. after Canada (but for videogames the UK is a larger market of course) and Madden sells okay here but FIFA outsells it to what must be 5 to 1. Maybe even more.

I didn't know you couldn't even find it in Spain but it doesn't surprise me.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
So it is not the full game, up on access. Wanted to see if any changes to career mode....

Nevermind I have to start a franchise.

Notice right away no more speed hb, for shame.

Out of curiosity. We know Madden outsells FIFA in the U.S. (although by less than what you may think).

How do worldwide sales of Madden stack up to WW sales of FIFA?

There was a time about 10 years ago when Madden didnt get released in Australia. NCAA never did i always had to import that.

But in Australia FIFA gets tv promos and digital advertising and Madden basically gets nothing still. I would expect FIFA to outsell Madden 10-1 or more in Australia.

Z_Y

I uploaded a short clip showing the new drive summary commentary. This is one thing that I think is an improvement although we'll have to see how repetitive it gets:

https://youtu.be/8u9IFrCSKEY

While the first two comments are great, there's a 3rd when I'm returning a punt with Edelman. Great to see that punt returns are possible, but lousy to hear zero commentary during that return.

They seemed stunned. Possibly as surprised as you were to see a punt return of more than 8 yards.

Anyone with ears.

Is the framerate straight up dick city for anyone else?

Framerate in the opening intro was TERRRIBLE for me during those cinematic sequences. In game during plays it's fine, but I'm noticing hitches and bumps post-play as soon as the play ends.

FWIW I was playing Miami @ New England

Input lag in ultimate team is horrible. Every time I'm on a card and need to press "A" or "B" to do an action it takes like 3 presses to get what I want. Sigh EA...how can something so simple be so frustrating

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Framerate in the opening intro was TERRRIBLE for me during those cinematic sequences. In game during plays it's fine, but I'm noticing hitches and bumps post-play as soon as the play ends.

I've only played the prologue and one game (Browns @ Cowboys) and I noticed quite a bit of stuttering post-snap. It was super aggravating. Maybe it has something to do with AT&T Stadium.

Dominator

Playing another game online, I can't seem to do anything against this guys passing. Even with the aggressive plays, he's catching bombs effortlessly.

Also, I hate people that go for it on 4th for no reason. Like, I really hate them.

EDIT: Game just lost connection and I got the W lol

Idk if you can I went to options in online match and I didn't see any camera options and during play I could only switch from behind the offense or behind the defense views while playing on defense. I would like to just zoom out a bit, not as far back as it goes when you check your routes and reciever icons pre snap What's up with not being able to switch your uniforms up? I'm not able to wear my favorite combo the black on black for Cincy and that blows. Other than that I'm liking it so far throwing it up high to higher ranked recievers isn't as over powered as it looked like it was going to be and I'm happy it isn't.

Oops sorry bout that I meant to erase that post when I saw yours but thanks the d-pad was only thing I hadn't tried yet

witness

So last night I did the opening tutorial and put my Xbox in rest mode. I didn't close madden, I hope that time doesn't count against me because that was some 8 hours later that I turned it back on. Anyway for me to check?

Anyone with ears.

Is the framerate straight up dick city for anyone else?
Mine slows as well more so in online games but that could be lag I suppose. Running animations can be a bit wonky still I've had a few runs that would of been big ones get screwed because the back got stuck in an animation.

So last night I did the opening tutorial and put my Xbox in rest mode. I didn't close madden, I hope that time doesn't count against me because that was some 8 hours later that I turned it back on. Anyway for me to check?
When you stsrt game it will tell you you have less than x amount of hours left. I also read somewhere make sure you quit out of game so it doesn't count the hours I hope That's not the case for you.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

I was scared that was going to happen to me too so I made sure to completely shut down my Xbox last night. Game is a ton of fun. Took the day off to play the trial lol. Madden Season is back baby.

Stat!

This is my first Madden in years. Im looking forward to it. While I love sports and enjoy football, I don't really have a team. Anyone looking to play some casual friendly games online? Anyone have a good idea for a team to pick?

I like the idea of draft champion mode though!

This is my first Madden in years. Im looking forward to it. While I love sports and enjoy football, I don't really have a team. Anyone looking to play some casual friendly games online? Anyone have a good idea for a team to pick?

I like the idea of draft champion mode though!

Dominant teams:
  • Packers - They're gonna be the best team in the game this year most likely. Unstoppable offense with a QB who can scramble, 2 elite Madden receivers, elite running back. Only thing missing is elite TE. Defense is good enough with speed at MLB for people who control the MLB.
  • Seattle - It won't even be fun playing against seattle as teams will go to Jimmy Graham and Lynch every other play, scrambling Wilson when nobody is open. Defense is the best in the game again most likely.

Few teams to play with this year who should be good and competitive, not seeming cheap:
  • Cowboys - 86 Overall, solid offensive weapons, unstoppable Dez Bryant, accurate QB, solid over performing defense.
  • Eagles - Accurate QB, tons of speed weapons, solid defense, great offensive team with an open playbook.
  • Lions - Solid good QB, three major weapons with Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Eric Ebron, and a super speedy RB Ameer Abdulluh who should get a ratings bump come Week 1 assuming his pre-season continues to be strong.
  • Colts - Unstoppable offense, lousy defense but it might not matter as long as you score points.
  • Arizona Cardinals - Solid offense assuming Palmer is playable, excellent defense at key positions (CB). 3 good WR weapons in Michael Floyd, John Brown, and Larry Fitz. Solid RB in Andre Ellington. Depends on Palmer's accuracy really.

Sneaky good teams:
  • Falcons - Matt Ryan is a top QB, Julio Jones is a top WR, and their defense is good at a couple key positions, ROLB and CB.
  • 49ers - Probably the most over-rated team in the game again this year, even though they're only 78 ovr, it's a classic Madden online team. Qb who can scramble, over-rated defense with multiple guys in 90s and high 80s, 3 Madden style receivers (Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Vernon Davis), and Carlos Hyde will be a weapon. Despite the 78ovr, 49ers will be a solid Madden online pick and they'll be a lot better in game than in real life.
  • Dolphins - Tannehill to Jordan Cameron all day, solid other positions, good defense.
  • Vikings - Bridgewater is good, best RB in the game with Peterson, solid defense, decent weapons at WR... Low rating but might be a tough team to play against.

Good teams in real life who will be lousy:
  • Patriots. Bad running backs, mediocre WRs, pocket QB, and Gronk. Aside from Gronk, can't see this team being much.
  • Saints. Elite QB, but kind of mediocre at the weapons positions... no cheese TE, and other than Brandon Cooks not a lot. Mark Ingram is expected to have a good season in real life, but he's not a Madden stud back.

If you don't have a team though check out Madden Ultimate Team. I'm not really into the mode but it's basically a fantasy style Madden game where you accumulate players using a trading card system and build your own team to compete online. You can grind your way to a solid team, or spend $10 and become much better immediately, but it's the most popular online mode these days. I think that the Draft Champions is a very good balance to this as the microtransaction model can influence it, but probably not as much as MUT.

JPS Kai

Thanks to Best Buy's trade-in dealio, this will be the first year I've actually gotten a Madden game. I'll be sure to do a giveaway for the MUT packs I get sometime after release for you guys.

Dominant teams:
  • Packers - They're gonna be the best team in the game this year most likely. Unstoppable offense with a QB who can scramble, 2 elite Madden receivers, elite running back. Only thing missing is elite TE. Defense is good enough with speed at MLB for people who control the MLB.
  • Seattle - It won't even be fun playing against seattle as teams will go to Jimmy Graham and Lynch every other play, scrambling Wilson when nobody is open. Defense is the best in the game again most likely.

Few teams to play with this year who should be good and competitive, not seeming cheap:
  • Cowboys - 86 Overall, solid offensive weapons, unstoppable Dez Bryant, accurate QB, solid over performing defense.
  • Eagles - Accurate QB, tons of speed weapons, solid defense, great offensive team with an open playbook.
  • Lions - Solid good QB, three major weapons with Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Eric Ebron, and a super speedy RB Ameer Abdulluh who should get a ratings bump come Week 1 assuming his pre-season continues to be strong.
  • Colts - Unstoppable offense, lousy defense but it might not matter as long as you score points.
  • Arizona Cardinals - Solid offense assuming Palmer is playable, excellent defense at key positions (CB). 3 good WR weapons in Michael Floyd, John Brown, and Larry Fitz. Solid RB in Andre Ellington. Depends on Palmer's accuracy really.

Sneaky good teams:
  • Falcons - Matt Ryan is a top QB, Julio Jones is a top WR, and their defense is good at a couple key positions, ROLB and CB.
  • 49ers - Probably the most over-rated team in the game again this year, even though they're only 78 ovr, it's a classic Madden online team. Qb who can scramble, over-rated defense with multiple guys in 90s and high 80s, 3 Madden style receivers (Torrey Smith, Anquan Boldin, Vernon Davis), and Carlos Hyde will be a weapon. Despite the 78ovr, 49ers will be a solid Madden online pick and they'll be a lot better in game than in real life.
  • Dolphins - Tannehill to Jordan Cameron all day, solid other positions, good defense.
  • Vikings - Bridgewater is good, best RB in the game with Peterson, solid defense, decent weapons at WR... Low rating but might be a tough team to play against.

Good teams in real life who will be lousy:
  • Patriots. Bad running backs, mediocre WRs, pocket QB, and Gronk. Aside from Gronk, can't see this team being much.
  • Saints. Elite QB, but kind of mediocre at the weapons positions... no cheese TE, and other than Brandon Cooks not a lot. Mark Ingram is expected to have a good season in real life, but he's not a Madden stud back.

If you don't have a team though check out Madden Ultimate Team. I'm not really into the mode but it's basically a fantasy style Madden game where you accumulate players using a trading card system and build your own team to compete online. You can grind your way to a solid team, or spend $10 and become much better immediately, but it's the most popular online mode these days. I think that the Draft Champions is a very good balance to this as the microtransaction model can influence it, but probably not as much as MUT.

Have you used the niners or played them yet? The defense is god awful. Who are the multiple players over 90? There is only bowman. The #2 cb is rated 70 and is roasted easily.

On offense the oline is brutally bad aside from RG and LT. Kap can scramble but is terribly inaccurate

Stat!

Dominant teams:

• Wait, Im missing something. Why is the Draft Champions mode have a microtransaction model influence it? Its not just random guys?

I've done the whole ultimate team with the NHL Franchise. Not sure Im too into spending money on it anymore.

And thank you for the entire list! I'll try out a few times before going with a team that I enjoy success with. I'll have to learn the more intricate strategies of football as I usually ask madden and then decide on defense if I want to stop the run or pass (man or zone) but never erally go more into detail

1. Waiting to see how many online take the Eagles, start Tebow, then just go back and forth between running him, running Murray, and PA pass all game long.

2. Is the commentary fixed this year? I swear that they constantly announce wrong players, wrong plays, and ends up being very repetitive.

Top Bottom