• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Unseen concept art and renders

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So eurogamer made a gallery of the stuff described in the title.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-19-unseen-concept-art-and-renders-from-the-witcher-3

Yennefer version 3
DH5gA05.jpg

Yennefer's look caused a lot of issues. This is a fourth version, getting closer to how she looks now.
HXtGlhj.jpg

First Ciri Concepts
STuRzjs.jpg

Ciri hair style ideas
sdJCxfk.jpg

Ciri before her hair changed. And her eyes are different too.
avKWuGH.jpg

Old Wild Hunt King
nPKgUDD.jpg

Eredin
from the Wild Hunt as he was first shown. But he was too bulky, too tank like. He is supposed to be a lightning quick sword fighter. He had to change.
I called this in an earlier thread. :p

Tons more art and renders in the link. Interesting stuff.

Auctopus

Some of those Triss outfits are leagues better than the one(s) we got.

Edit: Omg, the Red Riding Hood Ciri vibe is amazing. Pixie haircut is crap though, glad they changed it.

Bv3J1ZK.png

I really like some of the other Ciri outfits. Super glad they didn't go with their pixie design though. I like pixie cuts, but it doesn't look good there.

All the changes for the best.
Young face Yennefer doesnt really work and the one now is mucho more similar how I envisioned her in the books and other art that was done for them.

Ciri's face is also much better in the final game. Somke of her outfits look cool, and the red riding hood one would be a nice callback to all the book fantasy you see in the books (although they already used snowhite in the game).
Eredin's armour, although not as impressive, also mmake more sense now.

I remember when people said this design changes were becuase downgrades, instead of, you know, design changes becuase they were not happy with the originals.

The final game turned out much better, though I'd like to know, what issues did the Yennefer model cause? I actually somewhat prefer it to the final version. They also kept the old model in the opening cinematic, so it would have kept things consistent.

I still would have chosen Triss though.

well that's some AWFUL taste

Pixie hair works on certain characters or people. It doesnt work on Ciri in the slightlest and it surprises me seeing a bunch of armour tries with that hair.

The final game turned out much better, though I'd like to know, what issues did the Yennefer model cause? I actually somewhat prefer it to the final version. They also kept the old model in the opening cinematic, so it would have kept things consistent.

It probably refers at design issues and opinions the team had between them. It surprises me also that she looks a lot younger on the first 3d concepts (so some people in the team may had been defending that look A LOT), as Yennefer is a very mature character in the books (and the game) and thats translates to the vision of her face people had (theres also lots of art from the books hanging around with a face more similar to what she has now), but her final mature face didnt come until nearly the end of the development.

Kinyou

I have to say I like the Yennefer they ended up with. A sharp face seems more fitting to her character.

Though too bad that Geralt never ended up with an armor that has a full cloak.

artsi

Interesting way to do concept art in the Ciri one, it seems like they just applied photos of hairstyles to the 3D head. Of course it's pretty quick compared to drawing all of them.

Crossing Eden

Could be animation issues or something with the expressions that didn't feel right in motion.

Pixie hair works on certain characters or people. It doesnt work on Ciri in the slightlest and it surprises me seeing a bunch of armour tries with that hair.

It probably refers at design issues and opinions the team had between them. It surprises me also that she looks a lot younger on the first 3d concepts (so some people in the team may had been defending that look A LOT), as Yennefer is a very mature character in the books (and the game) and thats translates to the vision of her face people had (theres also lots of art from the books hanging around with a face more similar to what she has now), but her final mature face didnt come until nearly the end of the development.

Could be animation issues or something with the expressions that didn't feel right in motion.

Ah, this could be it. I always found it suspect that they barely showed Yennefer in the early trailers, and when they did, it was a mostly expressionless face.

I have to say I like the Yennefer they ended up with. A sharp face seems more fitting to her character.

Though too bad that Geralt never ended up with an armor that has a full cloak.

I always wanted the cloak and cape he has in some of the artwork and in the cover of gameinformer where the other rider is also Ciri behind a cloak.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
weird that none of Ciri concepts have her hiding her scar like in the book( then again with the way CDPR handled Ciri in the game- was way off - I don't think they wanted to be faithful to the charachter from the start)

anyway Eurogamer need to investigate and tell us where the 5 to 10 hours of Ciri gameplay went.

XgF0Unf.png

later in the in a Ciri helping mission you meet some characters that supposed helped Ciri and it was weird and out of place since it's the first time you see them. so I want to know what happened to that.

weird that none of Ciri concepts have her hiding her scar like in the book( then again with the way CDPR handled Ciri in the game- was way off - I don't think they wanted to be faithful to the charachter from the start)

anyway Eurogamer need to investigate and tell us where the 5 to 10 hours of Ciri gameplay went.

XgF0Unf.png

later in the in a Ciri helping mission you meet some characters that supposed helped Ciri and it was weird and out of place since it's the first time you see them. so I want to know what happened to that.

Time constraints (like Mafia 2) or flow of the game (they may decide they were superflous and cutted the flow of the game).

Easy_D

never left the stone age

XgF0Unf.png

What about the second huge city? They didn't mean Oxenfurt and Novigrad? I mean Novigrad *is* huge and I love it. But Oxenfurt is just Novigrad-lite

eFKac

Yennefer had such an interesting face in one of the trailers while on a boat with Geralt and Triss, and then they went with that generic face in the final game, huge shame for me.

Crossing Eden

Yennefer had such an interesting face in one of the trailers while on a boat with Geralt and Triss, and then they went with that generic face in the final game, huge shame for me.
That's the complete opposite of what happened actually. How often do female characters go from looking "perfect" to getting more wrinkles and generally looking more tired?

What about the second huge city? They didn't mean Oxenfurt and Novigrad? I mean Novigrad *is* huge and I love it. But Oxenfurt is just Novigrad-lite

Is oxenfurt, the problem is that half oxenfurt was cut for make a meaty expansion about it.

As someone who took more than 100 hours to beat the game, I didnt need another huge novigrad. If the game werent as meaty, maybe I would be mad at oxenfurt being cut in half, but not now, thats for sure.

Opinions and all that but... wat?
Its the complete opposite of what happened.
Good young typical model face lady to mature face woman, and she never was described as the former.

All of these is really interesting, one thing though I really love Triss model, her ingame face is a sight to be hold, but I can't shake my hate for her hair style, every time I look at the back of her head it is like seeing 2 balls hanging off, I kinda wish they went with one of their early sketches where Triss had her hair somewhat let down.

heck or at least had it as an Alternative look.

Top Bottom