• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yahoo: "Cannabis kills cancer cells," US Government Admits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what could be a key moment for advocates of legal cannabis, the U.S. government has admitted that the drug can kill cancer cells.

From YahooUK because American media won't tell you the truth.

It appears no one has mentioned this in the "Is Obama gonna legalize" thread. This could fit there but it deserves it's own thread.

For more information on all the healing plants that you don't even know about because they're illegal(coughbigpharmacough) go here.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I wanna see the receipts first. What government source are they using? Where were studies published? I don't see them in your links.

Sounds like something a paranoid stoner would say. It only has proof in rodents, show me actual proof in humans and maybe I'd be more prone to listening to this crap

antonz

Well for all the anti-Americanism you are expressing.

The UK researchers say

Cancer Research UK warns patients that so far, there is no evidence that cannabis extracts can be used as a treatment.

Cancer Research says, ‘There isn’t enough reliable evidence to prove that cannabinoids – whether natural or synthetic – can effectively treat cancer in patients, although research is ongoing around the world.’

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Better story that didn't allow my jab in at American media.

You think the front page of papers would read, "Cannabis cures cancer!" Not in this country.

What I'm seeing is that it may slow or lessen the spread of cancers in mice or in conjunction with chemo. It's not very likely to be a golden bullet to replace current chemo regimens, but it may be a good addendum to current treatment.

Provided we even see the same effects in humans, which we may not. There's still a ton of work to be done and "Cannabis cures cancer!" is an outlandish claim at this point in the scientific literature.

But big pharma and the media and gov't, right?

soco

this thread makes me feel like i'm trying to talk to my dad. everyone is out to get him, and he's already died several times from the government giving him cancer.

This also just in, Cannabis is actually the secret to eternal life, says story on the internet that won't link to actual peer-reviewed studies.

KNT-Zero

I don´t know jack about stuff like this, but I heard people with cancer smoke marihuana in order to palliate the effects of chemotherapy?

I remember there was a character in Veronica Mars growing her own MH for those reasons, so yeah, my source is a TV show lol!

Better story that didn't allow my jab in at American media.

You think the front page of papers would read, "Cannabis cures cancer!" Not in this country.
Lol you don't have a single clue. If cannibas were to have hard data behind successful treatment/reduction of cancer, the big pharma companies would be on that faster than a methed out speed freak on a four loko.

What in gods name are you talking about. You're taking the media to task for one extreme and in turn using their other favourite method of delivery, sensationalist hype. It does not "cure" cancer and please, please, please don't go telling your friends that.

XAL

Lol you don't have a single clue. If cannibas were to have hard data behind successful treatment/reduction of cancer, the big pharma companies would be on that faster than a methed out speed freak on a four loko.

This.

I had an Aunt tell me she had cancer and cured it by drinking obscene amounts of carrot juice.

No you fucking didn't. Stop being a disgrace to humanity.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I don´t know jack about stuff like this, but I heard people with cancer smoke marihuana in order to palliate the effects of chemotherapy?

I remember there was a character in Veronica Mars growing her own MH for those reasons, so yeah, my source is a TV show lol!

It helps with the pain and appetite, I've heard.

OP reminds me of a computer/Internet-illiterate person that whines to local IT why he has so many search bars on his browser.

Edit: How do you feel about the Moon Landing OP?

I don't think you have.

It says right there as it does in the thread title. "Cannabis kills cancer in the laboratory."

Just because it hasn't been recommended as treatment(can you even guess why? the answers are obvious) doesn't mean it's not effective. They say as the other dude quoted. We're not endorsing this but no where does it say "Don't take Cannabis!" They even admit that cannabis does the following: anti-tumor activity, stimulate appetite, and pain relief. . The key to this thread is anti-tumor activity.

•Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.
•A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.
•A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancer cells and breast cancer cells.
•A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells. Studies in mouse models of metastatic breast cancer showed that cannabinoids may lessen the growth, number, and spread of tumors.
•A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in human glioma cells showed that when given along with chemotherapy, CBD may make chemotherapy more effective and increase cancer cell death without harming normal cells. Studies in mouse models of cancer showed that CBD together with delta-9-THC may make chemotherapy such as temozolomide more effective.

Jinkies

I think marijuana doesn't need to be a great medicine, because just not killing you* makes it better and more worthy of use than many widely-enjoyed legal substances.

*Insofar as being super-unproductive doesn't kill you.

It says right there as it does in the thread title. "Cannabis kills cancer in the laboratory."

Just because it hasn't been recommended as treatment(can you even guess why? the answers are obvious) doesn't mean it's not effective.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about, you need to stop smoking so much and pick your words a lot better than you currently are and take the fucking tin foil hat off.

Shit like bugs the hell out of me.

The idea that horrific diseases can be cured, but there's someone or something out there that doesn't want you to know.

Right up there with pray/pay the cancer away, shit like this can fuck off.

Just because it hasn't been recommended as treatment(can you even guess why? the answers are obvious) doesn't mean it's not effective. They say as the other dude quoted. We're not endorsing this but no where does it say "Don't take Cannabis!" They even admit that cannabis does the following:

Have any preclinical (laboratory or animal) studies been conducted using Cannabis or cannabinoids?
Preclinical studies of cannabinoids have investigated the following activities: anti-tumor activity, stimulate appetite, and pain relief.

It is because of the Illuminati right? I know pharma companies are the popular excuse, but they are really just a storefront for them.

Fat4all

Banned
This thread. Will it last for hilaritys sake?

Or will the mods shut it down?!? ARE THEY ALREADY IN THE POCKET OF BIG PHARMA?!?

I'm just asking questions.

Shit like bugs the hell out of me.

The idea that horrific diseases can be cured, but there's someone or something out there that doesn't want you to know.

Right up there with pray/pay the cancer away, shit like this can fuck off.

So the government institute focusing on cancer is wrong? It doesn't do those things listed? It didn't eradicate cancer cells in the lab with cannabis? What a joke. Close the thread guys. I'm sorry, the government lied to me.

aaaaa0

From YahooUK because American media won't tell you the truth.

It appears no one has mentioned this in the "Is Obama gonna legalize" thread. This could fit there but it deserves it's own thread.

For more information on all the healing plants that you don't even know about because they're illegal(coughbigpharmacough) go here.

Lots of things can kill cancer cells.

The hard trick, however, is to just kill cancer cells.

Most things that kill cancer cells tend to kill you too. That's why cancer is hard to cure.

Besides, even if something kills cancer cells but leaves normal cells alone, when tested on rats in a lab, that doesn't mean it works when inside a living human body.

Disgraced

TwWxAN6.jpg
jh6cofH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom