• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you need to set a mood for your gaming session?

Gastone

I´ve been thinking about this all day, so i just needed to jolt this stuff down and perhaps try to figure out if anyone else has this "problem".

What i´m asking is...what kind of mood, atmosphere or setting do you prefer to find yourself in whenever you´re gonna have a gaming session? Personally, i tend to ALWAYS dim the light in my room, maybe a cup of coffee or tea and have a pillow resting in my lap. This works for the majority of games i play. Sometimes, i also light a candle and put on my desk.

For example, right now, i´m playing "Until Dawn". For this game, i have the lights completely off, just a lit candle and i got my white-ass norwegian stone cold body wrapped in a blanket. Oh, i and always play with a headset. This game has scared the shit out of me 3-4 times so far, and i fucking love it.

During summer though, i really have to wait until late in the evening, because otherwise it´s just too bright and i feel that diminishes the overall experience for me.

What you about you?

...Yes...i just realized that this post weird as hell. I have no regrets!

Kyzon

I play some Barry White, dim the lights, light candles, and sprinkle rose petals around myself before I play dating simulators.

hwy_61

Banned
1. It has to be dark
2. It has to be cool
3. I have to have a supply of Slim Jims, gummi worms, and ice cold water.

Depends on the game I want to play.

When I want to play a big RPG I make sure to have at least a full day without anything planned. So I need to be completely relaxed.

I don't really need anything to set the mood.

All of my games and systems are in my second bedroom. I have to have the area around me mostly picked up and clean. I try to have proper lighting. I can't play in total darkness (it strains my eyes too much). If my controllers or headset are plugged in to charge while I play, the cords have to be untangled.

I just can't have chaos around me to enjoy my videogames. It helps me focus. If anything, it is just proof that I have some sort of mental illness. My god, I am a broken man...

Kudo

Yes, I really don't feel like playing until late in the night, darkening curtains for days when it doesn't get dark outside. My ritual consists of energy drink/coffee so I can play as long as my body wants, I try to complete certain type of games as fast as possible before I lose interest because I also need to get "hyped" for the game before I get the energy to even turn it on, sometimes I take months break from gaming just because nothing feels worth playing.

v1lla21

Yup. I lock the door, get naked, give myself a chubby, pour oil on my nipples, light a cinnamon candle, play MlP in the background, and start playing vidyas

Top Bottom