• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Knight PC patch out. 626mb (9/3/15) [Patch 1]

wrWtqox.png

Available now on Steam. Downloading to see how it runs.

Max FPS: 30/60/90
Texture Resolution: Normal is using 2.7gb vram with everything else at Normal and Nvida Gameworks @ off @ Fullscreen 1080p.

Just played a little bit and it rounds SO MUCH BETTER. Played @ 60FPS and I didn't have any hiccups. Oh my goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

System: i5-4670k @3.4
8gig ram

CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE TO BUY ON STEAM

Cross post from the PC performance thread. I'd test it out more but I already beat it on PS4 and just want to keep playing Metal Gear. I'd wait for some more thorough tests from others, might just be something on my PC being shitty.

Well initial impressions is that it's better but still pretty dogshit (for me at least). The game takes a full minute or more to start and still doesn't properly close when I quit, have to kill via task manager. With all NVIDIA stuff off but all the other settings turned up I dip down to as low as 33fps in the batmobile, which is better than the 15 before. Gliding around the city, again is much better. With the framerate capped to 90 and vsync off I get as high as 80fps and as low as mid 40's flying around. It also is seemingly pushing my RAM and CPU to near max, while only pushing my GPU to about 45% power.

I've got a 980ti, 17-2600k @ 4.4, 8GB RAM, and Windows 10.

Very curious to see how this patch is for others. It's absolutely made things better, but it's still fairly brutal to play.

jediyoshi

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145594019968443309

Good news - testing for the interim patch has been completed and it is now available for those who already have Batman: Arkham Knight for PC. As a reminder, below are some of the major fixes and improvements that will be addressed with this patch:

Reduced frame rate hitches
Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
Fixed low resolution texture bugs
Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

In addition to the above, we’re continuing to work on the following for future updates:
Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs

As always, we will monitor for any additional issues that come up and will provide further optimizations and bug fixes along the way.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and invaluable feedback. We’ll provide ongoing updates here as they are made available. In the meantime, please enjoy the game with the latest patch.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Trace

Banned
Well the game ran "mostly" properly last time, major problems were related to textures not loading fully.

Will see if this fixes that.

Kama_1082

Banned
Cross post from the PC performance thread. I'd test it out more but I already beat it on PS4 and just want to keep playing Metal Gear. I'd wait for some more thorough tests from others, might just be something on my PC being shitty.

Well initial impressions is that it's better but still pretty dogshit (for me at least). The game takes a full minute or more to start and still doesn't properly close when I quit, have to kill via task manager. With all NVIDIA stuff off but all the other settings turned up I dip down to as low as 33fps in the batmobile, which is better than the 15 before. Gliding around the city, again is much better. With the framerate capped to 90 and vsync off I get as high as 80fps and as low as mid 40's flying around. It also is seemingly pushing my RAM and CPU to near max, while only pushing my GPU to about 45% power.

I've got a 980ti, 17-2600k @ 4.4, 8GB RAM, and Windows 10.

Very curious to see how this patch is for others. It's absolutely made things better, but it's still fairly brutal to play.
Oh god damn it

Corpekata

Banned
An improvement, largely the textures, which were super glaring for me. Flew around for a few minutes and didn't notice any terrible pop in or low res textures.

However issues still remain. I and a handful of others had a strange hitch when using quickfire gadgets in combat, and it still remains in this patch, which is obviously a big detriment to combat. Wasn't a widespread thing so I can't say I'm totally surprised it wasn't fixed in this pass.

And yeah, performance is better but still seems kind of shakier than it should be.

Also it yelled at me for not having the latest Nvidia drivers when I do.

Completely broke my game

before, I could launch it and play it at a really sorry almost 30 sometimes.

now it takes 2 minutes to launch and then "arkham knight has stopped working" and it crashes to desktop

Windows 10
980ti
2500k OC
16 GB ram

Game is still a hot mess for me :) 750 ti 2GB.

Still getting the never-coming-in textures and other stuff. Stutter seems less bad though.

Buburibon

Is the disappearing rain effect glitch fixed as well?

Nope, I've just tested it. Performance seems much improved, though. It's so much better that I'm tempted to drop MGSV for now and play Batman instead. But, the effects, though... wonder if they'll ever be fixed.

jaxpunk

In the 10 ish minutes I've tested it... The game flashes the batman logo of his silhouette and then minimizes the game ALOT. I would say no less than 5 or 6 times it flashes batman then minimizes the game.

Neat.

In the 10 ish minutes I've tested it... The game flashes the batman logo of his silhouette and then minimizes the game ALOT. I would say no less than 5 or 6 times it flashes batman then minimizes the game.

Neat.

That sounds....really weird.

Glad to hear things are moving forward with these fixes... still, I'll be waiting for a GOTY edition.

You're in for a treat. I trudged through with the gimped version and I still enjoyed myself.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Can anyone with a 2GB GPU check if it uses over that amount on Normal textures? I am assuming OP's game was using 2.7GB at Normal due to him having 6GB of it available.

jaxpunk

That sounds....really weird.

You're in for a treat. I trudged through with the gimped version and I still enjoyed myself.

Metal Gear and Mad Max are solid 60 games, this on the other hand tried to hover at 60 with no Nvidia effects turned on. Boo fucking hiss.

Can anyone with a 2GB GPU check if it uses over that amount on Normal textures? I am assuming OP's game was using 2.7GB at Normal due to him having 6GB of it available.
2GB card and again it's trying to use 2.7GB for normal textures. Low fits in fine but they're super ugly.

Reading the comments above really killed my interest.
Fortunately there's another patch coming after this. I hope that one will finally fix everything.

SURGEdude

8 crashes to desktop over about 45 minutes (Win10). Texture loading seems a bit better. Overall I'd consider this a regression. Great job WB.

I finished the game without the patch. No notable issues short of it looking like doodoo with everything maxed and Nvidia effects on. I wish I had interest to play it more but it wasn't my favorite batman game. I will check out the patch anyways I guess.

Omg. Low textures looks worse than AC's textures on 360... -_-
Wtf are they doing.
Yeah, I don't understand why the low textures look so ugly. Like I get it's supposed to be low, but it's either a blurry mess or the pristine normal textures. Nothing in the middle.

New nVidia optimizer update just came out. Here's what it recommends for my 970:

I actually had fired up the game with everything turned up to max minus the smoke. That's the only way I could keep it under the memory limit on this thing.

scitek

My textures just flat out aren't loading in. Everything is super low res. Is there a cache I can try clearing somewhere?

SURGEdude

New nVidia optimizer update just came out. Here's what it recommends for my 970:

I actually had fired up the game with everything turned up to max minus the smoke. That's the only way I could keep it under the memory limit on this thing.

Jesus. So the recommended is basically console or worse on a darn good GPU? Wow.

dEvAnGeL

980ti at 1400
i7 2600k at 4.6
16gig ram
windows 7

game runs better but not ideal, holding a stable 60 is impossible, i disable all nvidia effects and not even like that a stable 60 is possible, frame drops to 50ish while gliding or driving the crapmobile

Jesus. So the recommended is basically console or worse on a darn good GPU? Wow.
Before this patch it was fine with me maxing everything. This is a huge change for it to suddenly be telling me to run in shit mode.

It's worth noting that when I did launch it as I had configured it, I was pretty stable at the locked 60fps setting. The game seems a billion times more playable, and all I had turned down was the nvidia smoke effect.

Welp never mind...Couple more months before I even touch it is then.

Top Bottom