• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: The Taken King previews starting to trickle out

The Mercy Rule is a welcome addition!

EDIT: After watching (or at least trying to watch) those other 3 videos, I had to turn them off halfway through. They recorded the absolute worst Destiny player I've ever seen. You can't even see the entire map because as soon as he/she runs into an enemy player they instantly throw a grenade and die. So it just ends up being 10 minutes of the spawn points and 10 steps beyond.

angrygnat

I have to admit TTK looks really good. I had sworn off the next installment but my curiosity got the best of me. The more I read about it, the more I think it might be worth another shot. I'm still not preordering it. Call me cautiously optimistic.

ThaPhantom

Patiently downloading this patch. 17GB and it is just dragging on forever. 0.o The patch notes were nice though. All the revisions sound really good.

tsjols2

Neo Member
I got Destiny on launch and haven't touched it since, what's going to change if I don't buy the new expansions?

Why should I buy the new expansions? I haven't really bothered keeping up to date with all the new stuff in TTK

Troy

Banned
What is it that those of us with three 34s will be doing this week? Is it just about the PVP preview or are there other things we could be doing to prepare for next week?

DNAbro

PSN download is killing me atm. "30 minutes to download" *10 minutes later* "36 minutes to download"

okay then

GhaleonEB

i'm guessing TTK is newbie friendly? Thinking about jumping in now that it seems to have some beef to the package

Very much so. You get a longer, beefier and more coherent campaign, which integrates the base game and all three DLCs, has new quest lines along the way, and you now level up from 1-40 based entirely on XP, no gates to crash into.

What is it that those of us with three 34s will be doing this week? Is it just about the PVP preview or are there other things we could be doing to prepare for next week?

I'm working on maxing out the crucible marks for my Warlock and Hunter (need 90ish on each). Fortunately I can enjoy the PVP preview while doing this. Stocking up on coins and motes couldn't hurt, either, even if you have a ton.

I'll be doing some Heroic story missions to hear Northbot in action

lt519

9/9 you can start doing gunsmith bounties. In general there should be some new bounties to try out and you can always max out your marks and bounty slots in addition to glimmer farming to quick level when TTK hits. But other than crucible probably not much.

Troy

Banned
I'll be doing some Heroic story missions to hear Northbot in action

Oh right. I'll do that.

9/9 you can start doing gunsmith bounties. In general there should be some new bounties to try out and you can always max out your marks and bounty slots in addition to glimmer farming to quick level when TTK hits. But other than crucible probably not much.

And that.

random one for you guys:

is crucible available right away?

got a buddy who wants to join us in fuckin shit up in destiny
we suck

wondering if he can just jump into crucible with us. I know he'll obviously be at a disadvantage but can at least get a trial by fire.

Alienous

In that first video why is a Destiny person using a modern technology pistol in a leftover area from The Last of Us?

I thought I knew what Destiny was.

Vire

I have my PS4 in rest mode, it should auto download and be ready by the time I get home from work right?

Makki

Does this expansion have any new character creator faces or hairstyles? The one thing I cant find any info on

Troy

Banned
I have my PS4 in rest mode, it should auto download and be ready by the time I get home from work right?

Nope. It only does that if the patch/update was made available before a specific time of the day. Any patch that comes after that time will only start to download after you turn on your console. At least that is what was told to me after I commented on the fact that a lot of the time patches don't auto-download for me.

Top Bottom