• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More than any other pub, SquareEnix has shedload of games in development(JRPG heaven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some amazing line-up. Any other publisher working on as many games as Square Enix? All their games in 2015-2016, developed and/or published:

Western branch:

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbone, PC, PS4)
Just Cause 3 (Xbone, PC, PS4)
Hitman (Xbone, PC, PS4)
Deus Ex Mankind Divided (Xbone, PC, PS4)

JRPG:
Star Ocean 5 (PS4)
FF7 Remake (PS4 first)
Dragon Quest Builders (PS4, PS3, Vita)
Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4, PS3)
Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (PS4, PS3)
Dragon Quest 10 (PS4)
Dragon Quest 11 PS4 version
Dragon Quest 11 3DS version (listed separately cuz different games)
Nier 2 (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4)
World of Final Fantasy (PS4, Vita)
FF15 (PS4, Xbone)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4, Xbone)
Project Setsuna (PS4, Vita)
Star Ocean: Second Evolution (PS4, Vita)
SaGa Scarlet Grace (Vita)
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PS4)
Final Fantasy Adventure (Vita, mobiles)
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4, Xbone, PC)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PS4, PC)
Final Fantasy Lightning Returns (PC port)
Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS)

Other:

School of Ragnarok (Arcade)
Gunslinger Stratos Reloaded (PC)
Nosgoth (PC)
Lord of Vermillion Arena (PC)
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (3DS)
Life Is Strange (PS4, Xbone, PC)

Mobile games
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (iOS, Android)
Final Fantasy Grandmasters (iOS, Android)
Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS, Android)
Final Fantasy Mobius (iOS, Android)
Heavenstrike Rivals (iOS, Android)
Kingdom Hearts: Unchained Chi (iOS, Android)
Rampage Land Rankers (iOS, Android)

They must have 1+ billion $ in development. It's nice to see SE playing to the strength of all platforms: finally giving us what we want on consoles and pc, dipping into the f2p/mobile market with new IPs and beloved old ones without holding them hostage there. Their mobile spinoffs like FF Record Keeper are fun and upcoming titles like Brave Exvois look great. I'm liking this new CEO and think he's done a good job at reforming the company so far. This TGS was awesome and I haven't been this excited for their games(and with Japanese games in general) since the PS2 days. Bringing back the old magic and leading the way in mobile development, instead of doubling down on one or the other like some other pubs. Let's hope the games are polished and sell well.

I dont get the "they need to release them" bandwagon, the only games really having that problem right now are ffxv and kh3(this one not so much)

It's kinda crazy how much they seem to be banking on traditional games. I certainly welcome it but it looks like they're just throwing money at whatever their loyal fans would want
except for Valkyrie Profile 3 lol :(

All that shit announced, but XV and Kingdom Hearts III still without a release date. I don't see how they're doing it.

Edit: Shit, I didn't hear anything about a Theatrythm for Dragon Quest.

Walpurgis

Banned
It's kinda crazy how much they seem to be banking on traditional games. I certainly welcome it but it looks like they're just throwing money at whatever their loyal fans would want
except for Valkyrie Profile 3 lol :(
The new CEO knows what's up. I remember when he said that Bravely Default changed everything, people thought he was blowing smoke. I believed in you, new CEO-san.

Garlador

Every game doesn't need a AAA+ Final Fantasy budget and S-E is getting that. Hopefully we continue to see a long slew of games coming.

Exactly this.

I'm very happy to see mid-sized games coming out. A lot of my favorite SNES and PS1 JRPGs were in the "mid-sized" range. Not everything needs a FFXIII budget.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yes OP it surely is amazing.This is something i never would have imagined from SE a few years ago...

Square-Enix really has been turning themselves around as a developer. Shame that I have zero interest in Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy.Dragon Quest? Maybe. Perhaps FF7 remake will win me over? I never had a chance to play through the original.

Josh5890

Exactly this.

I'm very happy to see mid-sized games coming out. A lot of my favorite SNES and PS1 JRPGs were in the "mid-sized" range. Not everything needs a FFXIII budget.

Bingo. I've said for a long time that S-E should make new 2D JRPG's again as low budget titles but I like this direction too.

The future looks bright for the genre.

Thorzilla

Christ. I hadn't seen a full list but that's ridiculous. RIP Wada, welcome Matsuda. This dude knows what's up.

They were sitting on a pile of highly valuable IPs that they left untouched up until now. Are about to witness a JRPG rennaisance? I sure hope so.

prwxv3

As has every other aaa game so far jus seems like a miniscule nitpick to an overall bright future

SE used to not even announce games people wanted. Now they have announced games people want and games they never even dreamed could be announced (Neir 2, SO5, ect.) its a major improvement. Of course they have to release that is obvious.

Josh5890

All that shit announced, but XV and Kingdom Hearts III still without a release date. I don't see how they're doing it.

Edit: Shit, I didn't hear anything about a Theatrythm for Dragon Quest.

XV is almost a certain for next year. KH II isn't for a while still, and I figured that was the case at E3 2013.

Shogun1337

They can only do this because of the massive amount of cash they make from Final Fantasy XIV every month.

You have Yoshida to thank

Tratorn

Unbelievable lineup, really.
They can make as many mobile games as they want as long as they support consoles like this. Just damn.

And it's not just the quantity, there are many exciting names on this list. Even if some disappoint when they release, there'll be great games from them for sure.

Really a turnaround compared to 2-3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom