• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass pushed back to 2007? Zelda TP still on track for launch

SantaC

Sorry if old.

TSA said:
Speaking with somebody yesterday (sorry, I have not had sleep in 36 hours and chose sleep over posting on the internet) from Nintendo, it was confirmed Phantom Hourglass was not at Comic-Con because it they wanted to focus solely on 2006 software, and the latest title at the con was Elite Beat Agents, which Nintendo confirmed was scheduled to be out for November 2006.

The Nintendo rep revealed that the earliest we would see Phantom Hourglass would be this Christmas, but more than likely it will fall back until 2007. This may come as a bit of a shock to some thinking it was really far along, but hopefully Nintendo will reconsider the all-stylus gameplay and settle for a happy moderation. Expect an announcement about Phantom Hourglass' release status officially from Nintendo of America somtime in August or September.

Zelda TP is still on track for launch though.

TSA said:
However, Twilight Princess is scheduled to still be a launch title for Wii, and despite what Nintendo of Europe has said, this source also stated Twilight Princess was the final title for the North American version, although the European version could see a name change - it's been known to happen the source said.

TSA said:
I've also read the new Nintendo Power (media coming soon), and I asked a staff member about the interview - it was done awhile ago, so everyone needs to chill out. Twilight Princess is not being delayed again (as far as this source knew).

http://www.zhq2.com/zelda_ph_pushed_back.shtml

SantaC

Robinspain said:
EBGAMES has changed today the release of ZELDA PH. Now is March 2007

I think it's good that they delay Zelda PH for 2007. My Zelda focus these holidays will be on Twilight Princess anyway.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Thank goodness. I should actually have some money to buy it by then. This year has been brutal on my wallet. Also, I guess they are doing something about the controls? If so, GAF STRIKES AGAIN! For the good of the gaming world!

Emotions

Expected, but some other Nintendo stuff that haven't been in playable form are releasing this year: Magical Starsign, Clubhouse Games & Pokemon Ranger for example.
Christmas period is too crowded so it is all for good: Elite Beat Agents, YI2, Custom Robo, Kirby, Children of Mana, Magical Starsign, Pokemon Ranger, Clubhouse games and that is only Nintendo.

Xdrive05

Good news about TP NOT being delayed. I can't possibly see it getting another delay at this point anyway. They shouldn't need any more time, to say the least.

Now if we can just get a new preview of it soon...

Vargas

It is better to spread releases. Give people a reason to go back to the store instead of releasing 4 big games at the same time and having someone choose between them.

Emotions

Bo130 said:
But... I thought Zelda WAS at Comic Con. Where was the latest movie from, then?

I think it was from an event in Spain.

Vargas said:
It is better to spread releases. Give people a reason to go back to the store instead of releasing 4 big games at the same time and having someone choose between them.

You nailed it, It was a wise choice to delay Zelda, Donkey Kong King of Swing 2, Chibi-Robo & Diddy Kong racing into early next year probably. Fall/Winter period is too packed already.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
After seeing the Nintendo updated release list, I'm not disappointed about this delay. Elite Beat Agents and Yoshi's Island 2 is more than enough for me, not to mention Castlevania, FF3, FF5...etc

SantaC

Wario64 said:
After seeing the Nintendo updated release list, I'm not disappointed about this delay. Elite Beat Agents and Yoshi's Island 2 is more than enough for me, not to mention Castlevania, FF3, FF5...etc

exactly. the DS releases will be crazy anyway. The delay is almost a relief for my wallet :lol

loosus

Banned
Well, a non-delay of Twighlight Princess is good news, I hope.

But I hope they don't rush out the Wii version just because they feel it has to be out this year. While they've been working on Twighlight Princess for a few years now in some form, the Wii version is probably considerably newer. If it needs time to bake, then let it because I don't want another damned rushed Zelda game. Sure, it'd put the launch of Wii in jeopardy, but I really don't care. I want the game to work and work well.

As for the DS game...who cares one way or the other? :p

Bo130

Lol, I know that much :lol. Been there several times. I just saw the movie on a another site, hosting it, and didn't take much notice since it was the same as the previous footage and this game doesn't really interest me much either as of now :)

Neomoto

To bad, it would have been cool to have 2 full-blown Zelda's in one year :( But it's alright, thought it would get delayed anyway

thefro

Good delay... it was overkill to release it at the same time as Twilight Princess, not to mention the DS lineup is stacked.

Memles

January release ala Minish Cap, perhaps, and then Pokemon in March/April? Sounds like a pretty solid Spring.

MrDaravon

Emotions said:
You nailed it, It was a wise choice to delay Zelda, Donkey Kong King of Swing 2, Chibi-Robo & Diddy Kong racing into early next year probably. Fall/Winter period is too packed already.

Chibi-Robo DS got pushed? Last I heard it was still on for December sometime.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Anyone who played PH at E3 give us an update wheter it gives you the claw (ala Metroid) or the strokes are very small and not needed as much, so its fine (Kirby or whatever)

Sagitario

I'm glad is delayed...
There are too many good games coming already and so little time and money... plus, the more polish it can get, the better...

Emotions

SailorDaravon said:
Chibi-Robo DS got pushed? Last I heard it was still on for December sometime.

I think you mean Custom Robo: Arena Dec 4th.
As for Chibi-Robo it will probably come out next year Jan-Feb period like the GC one.

MrDaravon

Emotions said:
I think you mean Custom Robo: Arena Dec 4th.
As for Chibi-Robo it will probably come out next year Jan-Feb period like the GC one.

The last listing I saw for Chibi-Robo Park Patrol (DS) was in December. I think GS/EB still have a December placeholder for it.

Gigglepoo

Emotions said:

I didn't know Diddy Kong Racing DS was pushed back. My only two Must Own DS games for the rest of the year were Castlevania (Co-Op!) and DKR (Rare). This is disapointing if true.

Johnas

This may come as a bit of a shock to some thinking it was really far along, but hopefully Nintendo will reconsider the all-stylus gameplay and settle for a happy moderation.

They might just do that. I would settle for a hybrid, say half and half or something.

I almost pre-ordered this today, but decided to wait, and am glad I did. Can't wait for Twilight Princess!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oldschoolgamer said:
Also, I guess they are doing something about the controls?

what has to be done about them exactly, if they work fine, like i've read?

also, when did they delay Diddy Kong Racing?

Bebpo

Banned
Judging by the lack of interest in this thread it's almost like people are more excited about Wii Zelda than DS Zelda :\

Wario64 said:

When is Castlevania scheduled?

SantaC

Bebpo said:
Judging by the lack of interest in this thread it's almost like people are more excited about Wii Zelda than DS Zelda :\

Of course. Wii Zelda has had hype for years. I am certainly 10x more interested in it than Zelda DS at this stage.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Bebpo said:

obviously sarcasm, because it would be insane to think people would be more excited about the DS Zelda :p

Bebpo

Banned
Ancestor said:
Yes. Were you joking, Bebpo?

Not really.

I mean TP will be great and all but its just the same old, same old. PH OTOH is new, fresh, and promises a lot more originality. I'm much more excited about the DS Zelda at this point. Plus all the TP delays have kinda dulled excitement over that one.

All I see fresh and new about Phantom Hourglass is the use of the touchscreen. I mean it looks awesome but there's no way in hell I'd ever buy that over Twilight Princess.

PLUS, I MEAN, FISHING

Hate to say I told you so...but at least it makes sense with so many other great games coming out.

Re: Rogue Galaxy, yeah that's been pushed to January.

And, if IGN is to be believed, Castlevania might be seeing a delay until next year. I personally think it'll make it in November, but they seem to think it might not come out until after January.

Johnas

Bebpo said:
Not really.

I mean TP will be great and all but its just the same old, same old. PH OTOH is new, fresh, and promises a lot more originality. I'm much more excited about the DS Zelda at this point. Plus all the TP delays have kinda dulled excitement over that one.

OK, thanks for the clarification. Just wanted to be sure.

The delays for TP have affected me in a negative way too, but I'm still hyped by the fact that they've put such a huge amount of time and energy into it. I'm excited.

Top Bottom