• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Xbox One Bundle Announced (RotTR/TRDE/1tb) - $399

1TB hard drive, so fans can play and store more games than ever
Full-game download of the highly anticipated and Holiday 2015 Xbox exclusive Rise of the Tomb Raider
The exclusive Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack, which contains a new outfit and weapon skin for Lara
Full-game download of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, the HD remake of 2013’s critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider

xboxone_1tbconsole_riseofthetombraider_us_can_groupshot_rgb.png

The Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle will be available starting in November for $399 USD. Discover the Legend Within only on Xbox this holiday, exclusively available at Microsoft stores and Best Buy in the U.S. and participating retailers in all markets where Xbox One is sold except Canada, China and the UK.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Is it only me who only considers it as a bundle when the console is actually game themed?

I guess, why does the console need to have a special design? A bundle doesn't need to be a limited edition model. A standard model is fine because the main thing is that you get games bundled with it cheaper than it would be to buy them all separate.

Looks like I was right on my first bundle prediction. Predicted Tomb Raider w/DE. Left out the 1TB part but I'm counting it :p

Let's see if my others stand true :)

1tb with two games for $400 is a very good deal. Considering the high quality of Tomb Raider as well is a big plus.

$350 bundles this holiday as well. Hoping to see a Fallout Limited Edition bundle.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not a great bundle. They are literally giving everyone with gold the first game anyway, so the added value of a 2013 remaster is minuscule.

jmaine_ph

1tb with two games for $400 is a very good deal. Considering the high quality of Tomb Raider as well is a big plus.

$350 bundles this holiday as well. Hoping to see a Fallout Limited Edition bundle.
Fallout and Tomb Raider already come out in the same day. I can't see them doing a bundle for both.

Not a great bundle. They are literally giving everyone with gold the first game anyway, so the added value of a 2013 remaster is minuscule.

For those who didn't own a 360 or keep a live Gold account, they won't have TR2013 though.

And ultimately, two-game bundle is partly a marketing sweetener. A bundle with two games = more value than 1-game bundles.

You think Soccer Mom 01 buying the console for her kids for the holidays knows that?

It's a good bundle for the general public either way.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For those who didn't own a 360 or keep a live Gold account, they won't have TR2013 though.

And ultimately, two-game bundle is partly a marketing sweetener. A bundle with two games = more value than 1-game bundles.

Oh, sure. I just think it has limited appeal above what a 1tb new tomb raider bundle would alone. Nice to have another game but that old game isn't going to push any the over the edge that wasn't already teetering.

Bsigg12

Why would anyone who has an Xbox One and a gold membership ever consider buying this? This is clearly aimed at people interested at getting into the Xbox One, not those who already have it as the majority of bundles are.

thatJohann

I was hoping one of the bundles would be $299, but the press release says all the bundles start at $349.

I don't need 1TB since I will only be playing exclusives on XBO and multis on PS4. So I am hoping for a good $349 bundle announced and soon!

Fallout and Tomb Raider already come out in the same day. I can't see them doing a bundle for both.

Im not really sure how that would effect bundles in all honesty. Microsoft did partner with Bethesda for marketing rights and Microsoft still has three more bundles to announce this week.

On Demand

Banned
So gamestop won't be selling this bundle.I wonder what marketshare they have in hardware sales.

The majority.

I wonder why this is not sold in all retailers? Are all the bundles going to be like this? Maybe since they have so much retailers don't want to carry all of them.

I was hoping one of the bundles would be $299, but the press release says all the bundles start at $349.

I don't need 1TB since I will only be playing exclusives on XBO and multis on PS4. So I am hoping for a good $349 bundle announced and soon!

extra hard drive space is always gonna be nice with backwards compatibility and games with gold. like 4 games for free a month i think?

Yoday

Why would anyone who has an Xbox One and a gold membership ever consider buying this? This is clearly aimed at people interested at getting into the Xbox One, not those who already have it as the majority of bundles are.
You can claim XB1 games with gold on the X360. Still, this is a good bundle regardless, and most who buy it won't likely have the remaster already.

No UK seems really strange. Isn't Tomb Raider especially popular in the UK? Maybe they are getting a LE bundle?

The majority.

I wonder why this is not sold in all retailers? Are all the bundles going to be like this? Maybe since they have so much retailers don't want to carry all of them.

They are probably partnering with different retailers so they don't all get bombarded with a half dozen different skus.

Top Bottom