• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Primal Carnage: Extinction PS4 Trailer

Here's the trailer for Primal Carnage: Extinction for PS4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqrfk6OBECg

Primal Carnage: Extinction is a multiplayer combat game pitting humans verses dinosaurs. Yes, you can be a dinosaur hunting down humans! Despite the original Primal Carnage being on PC for quite some time, I think the developers must be thrilled that Jurassic World was such a massive hit, because some people will be craving a game like this on consoles.

Originally, we were supposed to get a single-player story-based game in the Primal Carnage series called Primal Carnage: Genesis, but behind the scenes drama, studios closing down, etc. effectively killed that game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primal_Carnage:_Genesis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lf_Vrs9Dy0).

Edit: It's releasing on October 20th, 2015! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/02/primal-carnage-extinction-comes-to-ps4-on-october-20th/!

Edit 2: Features:

Heya, PlayStation folks. My name is Adam from Austin-based independent studio Panic Button.

In celebration of International Dinosaur Month (it’s really a thing), we’re bringing Circle 5 Studio’s dino-versus-people, first-person frag fest Primal Carnage: Extinction to PS4 on October 20th!

In a nutshell, Primal Carnage: Extinction is a class-based biter/shooter in which you play as your favorite dinosaur or mercenary to bite/claw/douse-with-poisonous-spit members of the opposing team in a variety of gameplay types.

The game is no-frills, jump-in-and-have-fun PS4 multiplayer mayhem with up to 16 players in player-hosted online and offline (single-screen LAN) modes. It makes great use of DualShock 4 and even has a custom control scheme for PS Vita Remote Play.

1. Team Deathmatch — (un)Traditional dino-versus-human team-based multiplayer in unique battle arenas.
2. Get to the Chopper — Control key parts of the map in this objective-based game mode, ultimately unlocking the escape helicopter and the Tyrant dinosaur that will try to stop it.
3. Survival — Play solo or co-op through wave after wave of AI dinos.
4. Free Roam — For those who want to strut their dino-might without the pressure of timers or kill counts.

Playing as dinosaurs, spit, pounce, chomp, and tail-swing your way to the top of the food chain. Not exactly your typical FPS.

1. Dilophosaurus — Ambush and blind your enemies from a distance or put your poisonous fangs to use, which will blind and slow the bipedal meat sacks.
2. Novaraptor — Fast and scary is your namesake. Mercilessly slash your enemies or pounce and maul them into the ground. Watch out for the counterattack, though!
3. Pteranodon — Reconnoiter from the sky and hone your swoop-down-and-carry-off skills or practice juggling your prey with a Pteranodon friend.
4. Carnotaurus — You’re a two-legged cross between a bull and a T-Rex that charges your victims to death and can also heal by taking a bite out of them.
5. Tyrannosaurus Rex — As the King of Lizards, be a high-health fearsome tank of an adversary.

As far as the human team, use weapons unique among first-person shooters to tranq, net, snipe, shoot, flame, or rocket your way to homo sapien superiority.

1. The Scientist — Snipe from afar, or slow down opponents with your unique-to-class tranquilizers, but don’t let the beasts get in your personal space (You can say goodbye if they do).
2. The Commando— On the other end of the spectrum, humble those legendary beasts with your assault rifle or rocket launcher. Remember you may be strong, but you’re not quick. Good thing you can take a beating.
3. The Pathfinder — Get up close and personal with your powerful short-ranged shotgun and leverage your agility to reload without getting eaten.
4. The Trapper — Net smaller dinos and lock the jaws of the larger ones to make them more susceptible to damage — a great tactic to slow them down for your team mates.
5. The Pyro — Because fire.

Whether you’re comfy in your human skin or dinoLARPing is more your thing (we don’t judge), we hope you enjoy this modified take on the class-based first-person shooter genre.

Happy International (First-Person-Shooter) Dinosaur Month!

Javin98

Banned
Oh, we finally got a trailer for the PS4 version, eh? Wasn't it supposed to already be launched on PS4 quite a while ago? And no, I'm not talking about Genesis. I know that one got put on hold, but hopefully it will be continued one day.

Oh, we finally got a trailer for the PS4 version, eh? Wasn't it supposed to already be launched on PS4 quite a while ago? And no, I'm not talking about Genesis. I know that one got put on hold, but hopefully it will be continued one day.

I think this was announced last year as being in development for PS4. So, maybe it's going a little slower than they thought.

Edit- Yikes. Just went on PSBlog. This is coming out on October 20th.

Javin98

Banned
I think this was announced last year as being in development for PS4. So, maybe it's going a little slower than they thought.

Edit- Yikes. Just went on PSBlog. This is coming out on October 20th.
Nice to have a release date, at least. Any idea how much it will cost?

Played this on the PC. It's a fun game if you don't take it seriously and just go crazy.

I wonder if they're going to include all the micro transactions the PC version has?

Solrac

I read the title super fast and i thought that was a sequel or remastered of this classic.

6935682507_054dbefeb0.jpg

Tapejara

I was interested in Genesis, but once that game was scrapped I lost interest. This doesn't look half bad - I'm just concerned if there will still be people playing after launch.

Stencil

Watched half of that trailer under the impression they were rebooting Primal Rage.

I was curious at first to see how they would make those tiny-armed dinos into fighters...

The original game is jut $7 on Steam right now. I'm guessing that means it'll be $9.99-$14.99 on PSN.

Edit- Huh. The $7 does not actually seem to be a sale. It looks like the permanent price. I wonder if the PS4 version will actually be priced similarly. Hope there's a demo.

Edit 2- Oh, both Primal Carnage and Primal Carnage: Extinction are on Steam (the former released in 2012, the latter this past April). It's $19.99 currently, so I assume it'll cost that much on PSN.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This rated T or something? Where's the blood?

I like that there's a Turok-looking dude though. :)

I honestly thought this was Primal Rage, thinking fighting game with dinosaurs is back. I got excited for nothing. Super disappointed. :(

Jawmuncher

Still think the game is fun. There isn't much on the dinosaur market and this is easily the best thing out there for dino fans. The get to the chopper and new horde mode which was added on PC are pretty fun as well. There's nothing more satisfying then pouncing on human enemies as the raptors, or swallowing players whole as the t-rex. The human classes are pretty fun too.

Hopefully some more people here will give the game a chance. I understand that the SP game being on indefinite hold is pretty sad. But we shouldn't judge what we are getting based on one teaser we got ages ago.

YEEES! I have both versions on Steam but since I don't PC game much, can't get a controller to work and small, hdmi-less monitor I've been waiting for this. I hope it isn't rushed and buggy to release with Jurassic World and if anything, I hope there's post release support.

Jawmuncher

YEEES! I have both versions on Steam but since I don't PC game much, can't get a controller to work and small, hdmi-less monitor I've been waiting for this. I hope it isn't rushed and buggy to release with Jurassic World and if anything, I hope there's post release support.

There should be. They released the PC version with a big patch and then went to work on the PS4 version. Once they have both up it should get a few more updates.

Yeah. Releasing on the same day as the Blu-Ray can't be a coincidence. I do hope the game is ready and is not being released to ride the coattails of Jurassic World.

Top Bottom