• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get your hands on P.T. (sort of) Hurry before Konami sends a C&D

Guri

Yeah, it isn't a complete recreation. The dev didn't make every loop. Still something cool, though.

Femto.

I wonder what will take longer for people to get over:

Cancellation of Silent Hills or Metal Gear Solid V's lackluster story/incomplete game.

Dear lord the clickbait title. This shit is just the hallway and jumpscare and that's it.

This is around a month or two old, I'm pretty sure if Konami was ever going to C&D it, they would have by now.

Zee-Row

Banned
Lisa looks awful. Someone's needs to steal the Fox Engine from Konami headquarters similar to that scene in the first Mission Impossible where Tom Cruise is in that room hanging on the rope trying to steal the data.

akira28

It did more that that one sequence with the woman and the scaring? Because that's all I saw. I thought it was a 4 minute demo.

Late to the party by about 3 months, and as far as we know, Konami hasn't hinted at taking any action against this recreation. It's not even the whole experience, which sort of misses the point of P.T.

Yup. I appreciate the work put into this, but it feels like someone intricately described how P.T. looks to the dev, and he/she made this. Everything looks fairly similar but is just off, and most of the core mechanics are gone.

RiverBed

Banned
Wow, that is really well done. He got the SFX and manily similarities nailed. Great job.

Love to have the source file so I can learn from it.

I still have P.T installed. Will it not work if I try to load it?

It will. Just never ever delete it

This is a really awesome project and its a shame it was just for school, it'd be awesome if he could finish it. Shame there aren't ways to get files from PS4's. Maybe then we could get the full experience eternalized on PC. Maybe if PS4 gets cracked down the road.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
What a shame it is, the thought of someone's experience of PT being this.

"Completely".

This and YouTube videos. I got my PS4 for Father's Day, and even though I redeemed for the demo on web PSN, "P.T. Cannot Download"

:mad:

tensuke

This really wasnt meant to be a proper recreation, the author just wanted to recreate the hallway to use as a fun exercise for a workshop he teaches and it snowballed a bit from there
You can read about it in this blogpost

Yup, calling it a complete PT recreation is wrong but so is blasting it for not being a complete recreation. For what the guy set out to do, he did a fantastic job. I just went through it and it really did feel like PT. Such a shame Konami not only canceled it, but removed it from the store and stopped further downloads. Mrgrgr.

Based on the the title I thought the creator had managed to rip the art and sound assets from PT and recreate all the logic, but that's not the case at all. The spectacle of a super detailed, practically photo-realistic hallway isn't there nor is most of the 'game' part of the demo. Thankfully I still have the original downloaded on my PS4 - was mainly hoping to get a copy that could be moved and backed up onto different hardware, oh well.

Have to admit that the title got me to click this thread, though.

Sayad

So this guy completely recreated PT in Unity and you can play it now.

There is no way that our good friends at Konami will let this happen so get on it.

I hope this is not against the TOS, would this be concidered linking to piracy?
You're underestimating how much Konami doesn't care about Silent Hill.

Alienous

Why Kojima wouldn't put P.T. on the MGSV disc is beyond me.

Konami wouldn't have an issue with that, would they?

sappyday

Crazy how the whole Konami debacle and having the game be unavailable forever put the game in a legendary status. It's a horror game people will talk about for generations to come.

Kevin

Yes they would. Since Silent Hill was canceled they pretty much want everyone to forget it was ever a thing and move on with their lives. It's unfortunate but Konami doesn't want you to experience P.T. anymore.

tensuke

I mean they even removed the FREE game/demo from the store, and stopped people that already owned it from downloading it again. So yeah unless Kojima/someone at KojiPro snuck it on disc and no one's found it, there's no way Konami would be letting it see the light of day again.

Chariot

I mean they even removed the FREE game/demo from the store, and stopped people that already owned it from downloading it again. So yeah unless Kojima/someone at KojiPro snuck it on disc and no one's found it, there's no way Konami would be letting it see the light of day again.
Maybe it's the thing the PC players are looking for by puzzling together the hidden codes.

Like me. Mine PT was terminated despite I never deleted it. Was there a reason given why especially Germany was affected? Maybe because it was PS+ related?

Yeah it's PS+ related. Because in Germany you had to have PS+ to download the demo, the license for the demo is tied into your plus subscription. When your plus subscription ends, PSN takes away all your licenses, and when you renew, it gives them back again - but in the case of P.T. it can't give you back the license because it doesn't exist any more, so you just lose it.

The only way to keep it in Germany is to make sure that your PS+ never ever runs out. That means no auto-renew either, you actually have to add time before your subscription runs out, because if you auto-renew PSN treats it as your subscription ending and then starting up again, so you'd still lose the license.

Bate

Yeah it's PS+ related. Because in Germany you had to have PS+ to download the demo, the license for the demo is tied into your plus subscription. When your plus subscription ends, PSN takes away all your licenses, and when you renew, it gives them back again - but in the case of P.T. it can't give you back the license because it doesn't exist any more, so you just lose it.

The only way to keep it in Germany is to make sure that your PS+ never ever runs out. That means no auto-renew either, you actually have to add time before your subscription runs out, because if you auto-renew PSN treats it as your subscription ending and then starting up again, so you'd still lose the license.

Thanks. Thats what happened. I used a card to renew my suscription shortly before it ran out. Had I known that, than I would have finished the demo. I only played it halfway through.

Top Bottom