• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo wants to make Star Wars Musou & more (Interview)

ZhugeEX

Banned
With titles such as Hyrule Warriors and Arslan: The Warriors of Legend, Koei Tecmo must be thinking what’s next on their Musou plate. Key developers shared more in Dengeki PlayStation’s 600th issue Q&A session. [Thanks, Hachima.]

Koei Tecmo producer Hisashi Koinuma:

Q: So what happened during the 10 years of hearing nothing about Ni-Oh?
A: We made two test versions on the PlayStation 3, but we weren’t able to see the fun in them. This time, we were able to find a direction that we believe can meet expectations on the PlayStation 4, so we made the announcement.

Q: If you could make a new Musou/Warriors series, what would it be?
A: Star Wars Musou.

Q: We want to play an Atelier Musou!

A: We’ll consider it if the fan demand gets loud enough.

Koei Tecmo’s head of studio Team Ninja, Yosuke Hayashi:

Q: Isn’t it about time for a new Ninja Gaiden title…?
A: There are many staff members that say they’d like to begin producing one, but due to all kinds of projects being in the works, we haven’t been able to make it happen. However, we do have some concepts for it, so once they begin to shape up, we’ll let you know.

Atelier series director Yoshita Okamura:

Q: Will there be a fourth title for the Dusk series?
A: Knowing the reaction from all the fans, I have been thinking about developing it in one way or another. However, it still needs just another push to make it happen, so we’re at a stage where we’re thinking of ideas for it at the moment. Perhaps we may be able to announce something on it soon.

Thanks to Siliconera: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/0...-musou-if-demand-is-high/#Io7yeX54xU7hgzVE.99

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Star Wars Musou....be still, my heart

Defuser

Star Wars Musou...fuck why didn't gamers thought of that before....

I keep applying Musou series to japanese IP.

Put my boys at Omega Force on the job.

Make it character action based like Hyrule Warriors was.

Give it a bunch of defining traits.

I'm in.

And I don't even like Star Wars.

TreIII

This isn't the first time they've mentioned this right? I've remember reading them want to it a couple years back now.

It isn't.

Star Wars Musou is one of the "holy grails" of what KT would like to make a Musou game out of, along with the likes of Super Mario.

I imagine that since EA holds the Star Wars license to make SW games, this is where things would get interesting. Here's hoping something works out, though.

Can't believe I've never thought of that before. Plowing through hoards of armies as Grevious....

4210883685_a1e651a5ec.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Atleast they are concepting ninja gaiden.

Im liking this more open approach devs are doing actually talking bout future things

ZhugeEX

Banned
Just FYI.

Koei Tecmo did say there were working on a collaboration with a big Western IP. They didn't say if it's Musou or if it was a gaming IP or Movie/TV IP but they said we should hear about it in 2016/2017.

I doubt it is Star Wars..... but maybe haha.

Sad that there's no Ninja Gaiden currently in development but I'm happy to wait. One of my favorite franchises.

I think Ni-Oh will provide them with a lot of experience to make a good new Ninja Gaiden title.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Star Wars Musou?! Oh man, the possibilities! I want to go around wrecking as a Rancor!

Strangely enough, I thought a Star Wars mosou would be cool when I played The Force Unleashed few years back because of how overpowered Starkiller was.

A mosou game with his abilities would be fantastic.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I've been dreaming about that since I first saw the Gundam Musō, and saw a posibility of other IPs. Give it to me.

Also, hi I'm new here.

The End

I would play the hell out of a Star Wars Musou

Get on it, Omega Force

c'mon and Sith up Lu Bu / Nobunaga, and make Guan Yu and... somebody from SW into Jedi while you're at it

Draxal

It isn't.

Star Wars Musou is one of the "holy grails" of what KT would like to make a Musou game out of, along with the likes of Super Mario.

I imagine that since EA holds the Star Wars license to make SW games, this is where things would get interesting. Here's hoping something works out, though.

Well, Disney Interactive did publish Infinity 3.0 with the Star Wars char. The Ninja Theory Twilight of the Republic campain was a little musouish as well.

Just FYI.

Koei Tecmo did say there were working on a collaboration with a big Western IP. They didn't say if it's Musou or if it was a gaming IP or Movie/TV IP but they said we should hear about it in 2016/2017.

I doubt it is Star Wars..... but maybe haha.

E7hCM6v.gif

akira28

I'm not into Musou games and I approve this idea!

Sounds awesome! how come nobody thought of it before?

I remember plowing through shitty Empire soldiers and Kaminoans on the Xbox with a generic Jedi Warrior and it reminded me a whole lot of Dynasty Warriors.

Top Bottom