• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5's “major title that will surpass White Knight Chronicles” purported is alive

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
He believes they will announce it at some point.

Siliconera said:
Level-5 president and CEO Akihiro Hino:

Q: Are there any chances for Yo-kai Watch to ever appear on PlayStation Vita or PS4?

A: Yes there are. On top of having it evolve for various forms of entertainment, there will always be the possibility for the need of a new “field” for it.

Q: What ever happened to the “major title that will surpass White Knight Chornicles”?

A: We’re properly working on it. I believe that we’ll make an announcement when the time comes.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/0...-on-future-possibilities/#XHl7qJKvkr2rFZ25.99

Escalario

Banned
Well, it's not hard to surpass WKC. What a mess that was.

Also watch how people take the YW on Sony platforms answer as it's actually happening.

Oh snap.
giphy.gif

Sequel to Dark Cloud 2?

Gbraga

WKC III would be rad, but they wouldn't refer to it as "a title to surpass WKC" if it's a sequel. Even if it's true, it makes no sense.

I still remember the very first WKC trailer due to that awesome looking battle system they were originally working on but dumped in favor of .... Whatever it was that battle system was. WKC had potential no doubt. It had some strong moments and the transformation fighting was always satisfying atleast

NastyBook

Well, it's not hard to surpass WKC. What a mess that was.
Seriously. That game couldn't have gone at a slower pace. Coming off Rogue Galaxy, it left the bitterest taste in my mouth. Grabbed WKCII, but couldn't be arsed to level my character up in any significant fashion. At least the combat looked faster in that one.

But yeah, ROGUE GALAXY 2 OR WE RIOT.

Begaria

Well, I was waiting for that announcement for TGS. I ain't gettin' my hopes up for an announcement any time soon.

IvorB

I still remember the very first WKC trailer due to that awesome looking battle system they were originally working on but dumped in favor of .... Whatever it was that battle system was. WKC had potential no doubt. It had some strong moments and the transformation fighting was always satisfying atleast

I still feel burned by that trailer to this day.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member

Literally came to post this exact thing. Such a disappointment that game was. I remember being blown away at the first trailer... the castle on the turtle was awesome...

He's not talking about the quality of WKC. When he first mentioned this PS4 project he said that their goal was to surpass WKC's scale. Basically they just want to make a very large and epic game.

Nosgotham

i loved WKC, especially the combat and online portions. amazing online requiring good party teamwork.
wkc2 ruined the pace and strategy of combat by speeding it way up due to all the complaints from reviewers. terrible, not even an option for classic battle

anyways i hope they put the thought and creativity into this game's online as they did WKC. it was a nice, fresh take

canedaddy

I'd kill for Dark Cloud 3 but not holding my breath.

Also, the WKC bashing is hyperbolic. The games aren't perfect but I had a good time with them.

Wagram

Considering White Knight Chronicles was the biggest waste of potential i've ever seen, here's hoping they do whatever it is right this time.

Sterok

Not expecting Yokai on Playstation any time soon, though it's not impossible to happen someday I guess. I've been wondering where that PS4 game is. They sure are taking awhile to announce it.

5pb. Mages. representative director Chiyomaru Shikura:

Q: What happened with the collaboration title with Hideo Kojima?

A: Now that Metal Gear Solid V has released, I think it’s about time we formally start working on it.

Uh, what's this about?

Ok... Just make Ni No Kuni 2 please, WKC series is so irrelevant compared to that game. This is all I ask. Give me an older Oliver, make ally AI good, give lots more options in attacks/magic, gives lot more variations to the evolution of familiars and expand even further on the gameplay.

tumblr_inline_movkbtu1bF1qz4rgp.gif

Napalm_Frank said:
I'm just sad that the way he talks about it makes me think it won't be NNK2 :((
It hurts man. :'(

Top Bottom