• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft (Xenoblade) post "Urgent!" and "Mass Recruitment!" job openings

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/16/xenoblade-developer-posts-for-urgent-and-mass-openings/

Here’s what they have under their Tokyo office recruitment section:

Programmer
Planner
3DCG Designer (Urgent!)
2D Designer
Effect Designer
Motion Designer
Project Manager

Followed by one for the Kyoto office:

3DCG Designer (Mass Recruitment!)
Effect Designer
Motion Designer

Also a reminder that Tetsuya Takahashi wants to focus on story for his next game:

Keep in mind that Xenoblade Chronicles X executive director Tetsuya Takahashi previously commented in the guidebook for the RPG that he’d like to use the experience him and Monolith Soft have obtained in the development of Xenoblade Chronicles X in order to make his next title something that is rich in story.

With what they were able to accomplish on Wii and WiiU hardware....
OGrP5QK.gif

TheMoon

They are first party, wouldn't it make sense for them to have access to those before third parties did?

Yes it would and that will very likely be the case anyway. No reason to draw a line between these two.

also anyone who brings up that old ass recruitment artwork from Honne to revive the "where's their 3DS game" BS gets smacked in the face.

DJIzana

I'm hoping they do a new IP or something more fantasy based. I'll take ANYTHING from Monolith Soft (to be honest) but yeah, I'd prefer something entirely different. :D

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They just got their kits

If this is true, that would be the first time third parties receive devkit at the same time at internal studios.
and that would be great, honestly

btw, excited about what Monolith can do with their "next" game (in 2020 probably :p)

Still up in there air. @Harada_TEKKEN basically said he would find another way, whatever that means. But he did say he wanted the original team working on the HD version.

The original team is a first party Nintendo studio.

Sticking with his scenario, MLSI wouldn't be working on it anyway if it were multiplat.

Yeah, that's my point. If Xenosaga HD becomes a reality, it's only going to be worked on my Monolith if it's exclusively for a Nintendo platform. And that's very unlikely to happen.

JCX

I'm hoping they do a new IP or something more fantasy based. I'll take ANYTHING from Monolith Soft (to be honest) but yeah, I'd prefer something entirely different. :D

Ugh I hope not. All the big open world RPGs save Fallout are fantasy based. Need some variety in the genre.

It could still happen, but it would be a Nintendo exclusive.

Of course, which is what I have said throughout this thread.

Yeah, but Namco owns the Xenosaga franchise. They can release it on anything they want. Sure, probably would need Nintendo's okay if Monolith is involved.

You're right, they can release it on anything they want. But they aren't going to be using Monolith for that.

And "probably would need Nintendo's okay"? You do realize Monolith is 100% owned by the big N, right?

Ridley327

Yeah, but Namco owns the Xenosaga franchise. They can release it on anything they want. Sure, probably would need Nintendo's okay if Monolith is involved.

Which would make the prospect of anything but a Nintendo exclusive rather unlikely. I don't think there's anything that Bamco could offer up in return for having one of their biggest studios working on a game for a competing platform. It's much more likely for Bamco to ask for Monolith's blessing on doing their own remaster than getting them to work on it directly.

Neoxon

My guess, they're gearing up for the next Xenoblade game on the NX Platform. I just hope that the NX Handheld is sufficiently powerful enough to not hold back Monolith's vision. Either that or they're allowed to make it NX Console-only if the NX Handheld is too much of a hinderance.

Zenaku

They've surely already started work on Xenoblade X2. I just hope they can get it ready soon, as I don't want to wait nigh on 5 years for it.

Top Bottom