• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA files English trademark "Valkyria: Azure Revolution"

Nyoro SF

Many of you saw the thread before where Sega filed a Japanese trademark titled Aoki Kakumei no Valkyria.

Well today they filed the English version of the trademark: "Valkyria: Azure Revolution".

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/sega-trademarks-valkyria-azure-revolution

Sega Games has filed a trademark for “Valkyria: Azure Revolution” in Japan following its trademark for “Aoki Kakumei no Valkyria” in mid-October.

“Valkyria: Azure Revolution” would be the official English title for “Aoki Kakumei no Valkyria.” We previously translated it as “Valkyria of the Blue Revolution.” “Aoki Kakumei no Valkyria” and “Valkyria: Azure Revolution” are two separate trademarks filed by Sega.

Slap me in the face with a smartphone if old.
Though I will say I don't know much about trademarks, so I don't know how common it is to register trademarks in multiple languages at once up front.

Tizoc

Let's see
What PSX
has to offer

Total War Valkyria, SEGA, is that so hard, come on...

I'm actually a bit more concerned now than when it was just the Japanese trademark lol.

I don't see why they would exclude Chronicles from the English brand localisation...

Unless it's not a mainline game. D:

sheamus

I bet it's gonna be a mobile game. something similar to Cinderella girls Or that one where girls are warships

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Since SEGA has recently been saying they want to remind people why they used to love them, and have been talking about Sonic's 25th anniversary game, figuring out how to best handle Shenmue 1 & 2 re-release, I'll believe (especially after performing well on PC) they may be doing something new with the Valkyria series.

Tizoc

When was the last time SEGA did a simultaneous releas eof a mobile/iOS game for both Japan and Worldwide?

Takao

Banned
Your title could've probably used "in Japan" at the end of that. Some might think they filed for a US/EU trademark.

The fact that they've got both languages covered makes me think this is a phone/browser game lol.

Should be a PS4 game but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm expecting mobile.

I wish Sega would at least port the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles to modern consoles.

Nyoro SF

Your title could've probably used "in Japan" at the end of that. Some might think they filed for a US/EU trademark.

The fact that they've got both languages covered makes me think this is a phone/browser game lol.

Yeah, like I said I don't know much about video game trademarks, but I was under the impression that you don't file an English trademark for your game until you've begun overseas publishing work on it. And the fact that they've already got both trademarks, despite not announcing the game, suggests mobile to me.

But that's off of my limited knowledge of the subject.

And yes, I agree... I should have put "in Japan" in the title.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
There's no way they'd make a new game PS4 exclusive after reviving the IP on PC.

There's no way. They won't make the VC2 mistake again.

Will they?

I dunno they killed it once by putting the two sequels on the PSP. Why not a second time?

Ideally this should be a PC game, but a tablet game with traditional VC gameplay is possible, although some of the UI would have to be radically altered.

glad that Chain Chronicle is doing well enough to warrant more mobile games

my iphone is ready

That's so mobile.

M O B I L E B O Y Z

I bet it's gonna be a mobile game. something similar to Cinderella girls Or that one where girls are warships

Refuse to get my hopes up. This is a phone game. >_<
...Right?

Awaiting f2p match 3 mobile exclusive with modern military theme. Cutscenes by shaft.

It's not happening.

It's a Japanese trademark.

Shhhh, quiet my children.

giphy.gif

Mozendo

Does it really mean anything though?
Some Japanese games have English titles, or are those games trademarked in Japanese instead of English?

I dunno they killed it once by putting the two sequels on the PSP. Why not a second time?
Supposedly the guy running Sega's Japanese gaming branch is actually young and in touch with the realities of the gaming market, so I don't think they'll screw up that badly.

Does it really mean anything though?
Some Japanese games have English titles, or are those games trademarked in Japanese instead of English?

No, the games were exclusively Japanese titled in Japan with an Engrish-y addendum added on the ass end of the title.

Except for the anime, which was specifically called "Valkyria Chronicles" in Japan.

Mesoian

Supposedly the guy running Sega's Japanese gaming branch is actually young and in touch with the realities of the gaming market, so I don't think they'll screw up that badly.

On one hand, sure.

On the other hand...Sonic Boom 2 is looming on the horizon.

Top Bottom