• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newest MGSV patch added a hidden feature in it (spoilers for story)

Spoilers, once more last warning, get out now

This was just discovered within the last few hours. The newest patch adds a means of getting Quiet back to your base. I have done the method listed in the link and can confirm it works. I can also confirm zero new cutscenes are in this method too.

http://metal-gear.net/2015/11/10/latest-mgsvtpp-patch-allows-you-to-get-a-certain-character-back/

2-CUqdzeM.jpg

3-4hGZvKF.jpg

TL;DR
Replay Mission 11 7 times, non lethal take downs and extract her back to base. Mission switches from [Replay] to [Reunion] and she comes back as a buddy and is hanging around mother base in her cell.

credit to the people on the MGS reddit who discovered this and to the MGN website.

Klossen

Banned
I also think they patched some of the resurce gathering through exploiting mission repeats. Can't confirm it. Beware before updating the game.

LiK

kinda knew there would be backlash for this. it's good for the story but it doesn't make sense she doesn't come back at all when you're replaying the same ol' Side Ops stuff.

bobawesome

I immediately did the mission 7 times after finding out. Worth it. Now it's back to being my favorite game of the year.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Why the number 7?

Final Fantasy 7 tribute(Aeris)?

Lucky number 7?

Also can you do it less than 7 times on the subsistence version of the mission?

Curious if anyone might know.

Sadly true.

Someone please point me to these DLC outfits or any article that mentions them because I guess I bought the wrong version of the game.

Cyborg

im assuming its just done for gameplay purposes as it adds pretty much nothing to the story.

Hmm I dont agree. We all know what happend to her so why not show us how she came back? Instead Konami makes a cheesy decission..... crushes her backstory completly.

Haunted

So much for the fans that praised the amazing meta narrative and bold choice to make the player feel the phantom pain by taking her away permanently. :lol

*insert witty comment about more grinding and completely unnecessary repetition here*

NeoGiff

I knew something was fishy when there was a "1" next to my Documentation tab! The Butterfly codename which had previously turned into a question mark since Quiet's departure was now back. Luckily I'm not finished with the game yet, so this sneaky patch is actually of use to me.

georly

Hideo working on Final Fantasy VII Remake confirmed!

Honestly, that would be amazing. It's already not going to be a remaster, it'll be a remake, so they're free to change whatever they want (sorry, people who just want a better graphics version of 7). Have him come in and rewrite parts of the story. I'm insane enough to want it.

Also, this is great, was getting tired of D-Dog being my best partner in my goal to 100%.

So much for the fans that praised the amazing meta narrative about making the player feel the phantom pain by taking her away permanently. :lol
This was one of the most stupid things they did with the game. They should've went the extra mile and not let you replay missions since it makes no sense at all story wise.

Hmm I dont agree. We all know what happend to her so why not show us how she came back? Instead Konami makes a cheesy decission..... crushes her backstory completly.

yea i get what you mean, but this was done for more gameplay/fanbase reasons it seems. it destroys her story, but at the same time, it doesnt take from the story if its just for gameplay and nothing else. That is how i see it at least.

Ratrat

What story? The sideops have nothing to do with the narative. Its just badly thought out postgame stuff. This is a good change, they should add dificulty settings next.

Top Bottom