• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow Trauma Center is awesome!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Never had a chance to play it until tonight and I grabbed a copy at Fry's.

I love this game!

I liked Pheonix Wright a lot, but I still think it didn't completely live up to the OMG IT'S GOD hype.

Perfect use of the stylus. Lots of fun levels.

I'll definitely buy the Wii version.

Fowler

I just discovered this gem too. Tons of fun. It also helps that the patients have names like "Elliot Cox" (Scrubs ftw) :p

Bought it a few days ago and I'm loving it.

Wii version is gonna be an instant-buy for me. Need to see how the updated versions of the cast and the expanded storyline.

Tarazet

Between PW and TC, TC is less interesting storywise, but much more substantial as a game. It also gets really punishing in a hurry.

jj984jj said:
Yes it is awesome! Especially if you can beat it. :lol

seriously. the first operations are awesome until the later levels =( it's going to be super hard or dare i say......raping hard.

Actually saw a few copies of Trauma Center at my local Best Buy about a week ago or so. But I'm so broke...and I wanted to buy SOTC, which was 10 bucks cheaper.

jedimike

I snagged a copy a few days ago... very fun, but I'm stuck. Level 2-4.
The first time you actually use the healing hand in surgery. You have to remove a bunch of polyps. You inject them first, cut around, remove, suck, suture. Problem is towards the end you get about 5 of them on screen at once and inevitably they burst. I do the healing hand but it doesn't seem to do a ****ing thing.

I think I'm doomed.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
jedimike said:
The first time you actually use the healing hand in surgery. You have to remove a bunch of polyps. You inject them first, cut around, remove, suck, suture. Problem is towards the end you get about 5 of them on screen at once and inevitably they burst. I do the healing hand but it doesn't seem to do a ****ing thing.

I think I'm doomed.

Do everything EXCEPT remove them. Inject and cut around all of them. So long as you do not remove them, they won't bleed OR grow. Then remove, suck, and suture when you've got them under control.

IIRC.

jgkspsx

jedimike said:
I gave up there :(
Controls (especially magnification) felt imprecise, and it was just too frustrating.

Edit: Well, if I ever get my copy back from loan, I'll try that. Too bad they don't indicate that order of operations at all...

jedimike

Mejilan said:
Do everything EXCEPT remove them. Inject and cut around all of them. So long as you do not remove them, they won't bleed OR grow. Then remove, suck, and suture when you've got them under control.

IIRC.

now that you said that, it makes sense, since your trying to avoid bursting and bleeding. Thanks for the tip.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
jedimike said:
now that you said that, it makes sense, since your trying to avoid bursting and bleeding. Thanks for the tip.

No problem. Actually, from a medical standpoint, it really makes no sense. Once you've made the incision around them, they SHOULD bleed like mad. But as far the game's concerned, they won't. So we win! ;p

ruffles

I'm stuck on
5-3
. (I think).
It's that advanced version of GUILT from that of the African kid.
I didn't think the game was too hard until that part. :(
Very fun game. It has me addicted.

I just recently beat the game. (12 hours ago to be exact)

HOLY HELL on the last missions...took me two weeks to beat one of them. This game forces you to learn tricks in order to beat it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
ruffles said:
I'm stuck on
5-3
. (I think).
It's that advanced version of GUILT from that of the African kid.
I didn't think the game was too hard until that part. :(
Very fun game. It has me addicted.

I'm on the exact same part. I've come this | | close to beating it several times and failed. So frustrating. This game is hard like ten rounds of bare knuckle boxing with Chuck Norris.

I like it a lot though. Very few single player games can consistantly give me that nerve wracking, sweating hands experience that Trauma Center does.

Ferd

Wish I knew how awesome it was. Saw 10 copies at Best Buy and some at Funcoland and Gamestop all in the same strip mall last Wednesday and didn't have the cash to buy it, come back on Friday and they are ALL GONE. **** all these e-bay reselling mother****ing gamehoarders.

ccbfan

Best game I've played this millenium. Will buy the Wii when this game come out for it.

Yeah the levels are brutal at the end but completely them is so satisfying.

Yeah 1st sin and the triangle blocks one are insane. Easily the hardest two. X1 was the hardest level for me.

gfdoom

jgkspsx said:
I gave up there :(
Controls (especially magnification) felt imprecise, and it was just too frustrating.
the way i found how to make the magnification work all the time is when you draw the circle try and make sure that the two ends connect and not overlap when you close the circle.hope that helps. this game def' rulez!!!(as far as touch screen interaction goes)

Fusebox

Banned
I just spent the weekend re-rediscovering this AWESOME game!

I bought it ages back and had played the first couple of missions a few times over but I kept putting it aside to play after I finished Phoenix Wright, well I finished Phoenix's case 4 on friday so I figured I'd finally have a proper play of the doctor game before starting on case 5 and I'm just blown away!

I figured there'd just be lots of hospital stuff and I didnt realise
I'd be operating in aeroplanes and heading to Africa to head up disease centers and disabling bombs and puzzles and stuff so quickly!!
Great variety!!

Had a couple of brick-wall operations along the way like
the first healing touch one where theres things rupturing all over the place and also the first one with the thorns
but eventually getting past those only made the game more satisfying.

Anyway love the characters, love the fast plot progression, love the story art, I reckon this is about the best example ever of how to use the touch-screen in a DS game.

Now I can't decide between Trauma Center or Phoenix Wright which is my favourite DS game of all time.

I'm up to somewhere in chapter 5 atm btw, and the only criticism I have about the game so far is the inconsistency of the zoom tool. Sometimes it works when I've only drawn half the circle, sometimes I need to get a compass out to make the worlds most perfect circle to get it to action a zoom.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Woakes said:
From the title I thought this was a thread about counciling for World of Warcraft addicts :lol
that's more depressing than funny to hear that, since it shows you know nothing about Trauma Center :(

keanerie

Seems like every time I start a new game and get really into it, someone else is at the exact same time and starts an appreciation thread right when I want there to be one.

Link1110

I was just going to bump this thread. Got a copy today (Found one new) and just got past 2-1. This game rocks, its not Phoenix Wright awesome, but until JFA comes out, its easily the 2nd best game on DS.

Fusebox

Banned
Link1110 said:
... its not Phoenix Wright awesome

Aww come on, they're such totally different games though, one is for when you need your reflexes challenged and one is for when you want your brain challenged. Trauma Center for balls-out satisfying gaming, Phoenix for chilling out instead of reading a book. I reckon they're both as awesome as each other. :)

jedimike said:

I think I'm doomed.
Yeah, I reached that my second day of play or so... and there I am. :/

Fusebox

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
Yeah, I reached that my second day of play or so... and there I am. :/

It seems near-impossible at first, but with healing touch and/or Mejilins tip its quite easy to get past once you have the hang of it.

A lot of operations are like that, at first they seem stupidly overwhelming but eventually you find a strat that works and then you'll be able to cruise through the operation and it's soooo satisfying when you finally make it.

I was wondering how much harder the game can actually get, but it sounds like 10-7 is the real clincher from salvas post.

GaimeGuy

Fusebox said:
It seems near-impossible at first, but with healing touch and/or Mejilins tip its quite easy to get past once you have the hang of it.

A lot of operations are like that, at first they seem stupidly overwhelming but eventually you find a strat that works and then you'll be able to cruise through the operation and it's soooo satisfying when you finally make it.

I was wondering how much harder the game can actually get, but it sounds like 10-7 is the real clincher from salvas post.
Not 10-7. X-7.

The X missions are extras unlocked after you beat the main story mode. They are only found under the challene mode of the game.

Link1110

OK, 2-4. I know its been discussed, but I'm having problems on it. Apparently when I put the stylus down close to the top of the touch screen, it doesn't read that the stylus is touching it, and of course you NEED to in this game.

Also, I can't seem to get the hang of suturing the annurisims once I've got them together.

Back to the first thing, now I gotta wait until if/when I get a DS lite to play this any further?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Too much game. I would have prefered a more informative game with the player doing as a consultant and reciping usual problem of humans. ¡DR. DS please!

Fusebox

Banned
The Wii version could be a good game, but I'd hate to miss out on experiencing the awesome touch-screen DS original version.

I hit another brick-wall operation last night where I need to operate on 5 people in a row in 10 minutes, but I think I may just need to make it past 3 to succeed as my nurse was mentioning something about calling for backup. I was so close to finishing the 3rd op at one stage too but I got a bit panicky and selected my scalpel instead of my suture ...

Fusebox said:
The Wii version could be a good game, but I'd hate to miss out on experiencing the awesome touch-screen DS original version.

I hit another brick-wall operation last night where I need to operate on 5 people in a row in 10 minutes, but I think I may just need to make it past 3 to succeed as my nurse was mentioning something about calling for backup. I was so close to finishing the 3rd op at one stage too but I got a bit panicky and selected my scalpel instead of my suture ...

operating all 5 is pretty easy when you beat X1 :D end you get S rank :)

Fusebox said:
selected my scalpel instead of my suture ...
Ouch, unlucky. This is an example of exactly why the game is so great. In nearly every operation your under constant tension, and it makes every operation so dramatic. The missions are definitely rock hard later on, but I wouldn't change it if I could.

I'm still unsure if I will pick up the Wii version. I guess if there is enough of a non-graphical update, then I'll pick it up.

aku:jiki

My mom doesn't play games, but she loved watching me play it since she is a trained nurse.

However, we both said **** it and I returned the game when it flipped out and stopped being about diseases and started being about conspiracies from outer space or some shit. Why can't japanese devs stay serious? :(

aku:jiki said:
My mom doesn't play games, but she loved watching me play it since she is a trained nurse.

However, we both said **** it and I returned the game when it flipped out and stopped being about diseases and started being about conspiracies from outer space or some shit. Why can't japanese devs stay serious? :(

:lol :lol :lol same thing happened with my bro. he didn't liked the GUILT part because it was too hard and not real

GaimeGuy

Who else was sweating bullets during more than a few operations?

Fusebox

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
Who else was sweating bullets during more than a few operations?

Oh hell yeah, and sometimes my eyes get sore and start watering from staring so hard at the screen too, especially during the longer operations.

And aliens you say akuji? Awesome, I wasn't looking forward to finding that out on my own at all. > <

Aurora

I gave up due to the difficulty. In fairness I had a ton of other games to play so I was easily distracted.

I did enjoy what I played of it so I'll return to the game shortly.

Fusebox

Banned
salva said:
operating all 5 is pretty easy

How? HOW?! Not only can't I get to 4, but you say doing 5 is easy??

I work quickly, I can get inside the guy in 3 seconds, but then its drain suture scan scalpel laser suture gel drain suture scan scalpel laser suture gel x 100 and I spend most of my time trying to keep the guy stable and suture fresh cuts, I just cant do these ops in under 2 minutes.

Got any hot tips for me? Do you usually treat all the wounds first or try and laser the GUILT first?

Top Bottom