• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf! |OT| Making Animal Friends Is Awesome?

Palmer_v1

Welcome to Werewolf! |OT| Making Animal Friends Is Awesome?

It’s Werewolf, people. You’re a bunch of dirt farmers back in the olden days. Everything sucks, but hey, at least you can get drunk every night with zero repercussions...

Except last night, you heard something prowling outside your crappy little hut. You peeked through one of the many holes in your mud wall, and saw something that would have made you shit your pants if you hadn’t already done so earlier in the night. Biggest, ugliest, dog you’ve ever seen gnawing at a corpse in the village commons. You heroically jumped to your feet, grabbed a pitchfork, and stumbled over your loose britches, slamming your head into the twisted beam holding your leaky roof in place.

Now that you’ve woken back up, it’s time for you and your fellow villagers to investigate and decide who to blame for this travesty, because it’s certainly not YOUR fault. Solve this mystery like you do everything else: Burn it, drown it, hang it, or shag it!

Oh, and some sick fuck has been killing people they catch outside at night. Beware.

The current inhabitants and visitors of this Village
[m] Xamtheking - New
[f] Sophia - New
[m] Style - New
[m] Andodalf - New - Modkilled Day 1 due to ban.
[m] Rolanderson - New
[m] FluxWaveZ - New
[m] Lollipop Dave - New
[-] Darryl
[m] RobotNinjaHornets
[m] ultron87
[m] MattyG
[f] StarSketch
[m] Septimus Prime
[m] QuantumBro
[m] Timeaisis
[m] GreatLord Tiger
[m] CornBurrito
[m] El Topo
[m] Terrabyte20xx
[m] Makai
[m] batsnacks
[m] cabot

Moderator:
Palmer_v1
Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Example role PM:

Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Villager.

You can vote!

Villagers win when they’ve eliminated all threats to the Village.

Night 0 is in progress, and Day 1 will begin on November 19th at 1800 Central Standard Time. The day phase will last 4 days, the night phase will last 3 days.

COUNTDOWN TO DAY 1 START:
ora_1448323200.png

Ourobolus

Banned
Rules

Fundamental
1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.
2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.
4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread [such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role]. If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.
5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.
6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

Activity and Deadlines
8. Treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' fun is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
9. If you do not post in this thread at least once per Day Phase period without prior permission, you will be sent a PM requesting you respond immediately (a "prod"). If you do not respond to a prod by the end of the following Night Phase, you will be replaced.
10. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify the game-runner by PM in advance. Leave of up to one Day and Night Phase (seven days) is possible.
11. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of 7 days, please notify the game-runner by PM so that you can be replaced in good time - we're sad to see you go, but other players need to be able to continue to play.
12. Each Day Phase will last 4 days. Day Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 96 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
13. Each Night phase will last 3 days. Night Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 72 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
14. If a Phase ends and the game-runner has not received an action PM from a player with a relevant action, then that Phase will end with that that player making no action.
14.1 In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch").
15. If a replacement is needed, they may PM the game-runner once to request the Night Phase in which they join is extended by up to 2 days, to allow catch-up time.
16. Game-runners may change the length of Phases at their discretion. However, they will inform players at the start of the equivalent Phase before (i.e., if Day 7 is set to be shortened, players will be told no later than the start of Day 6).

Voting, Lynching, and Death
17. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
18. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
19. Players may use VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day Phase without a lynch ("No Lynch"). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
20. Please make sure your votes are spelled correctly - we are using an automated voting count tool and it is necessary that votes are spelled properly.
21. Once someone has received a majority] of the available votes, the day ends with the Lynch of that player or a No Lynch (whichever applies). Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that Phase will not be counted, and the Night Phase will begin shortly.
22. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.
23. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

The Dead Thread
24. To allow dead players to freely discuss the game with other dead players, a secret thread hast been created at Outer Gafia.
25. On death, a player will receive access to their game's Dead thread. At this point, they may request access to the dead thread for the other Season 4 games, or they may join the replacement list for the other games. They may not do both. If a player opted to join the replacement list, they may change their mind, but players who have a link to the other Dead Threads cannot act as replacements.
26. The Dead Thread will also be made available to non-players, provided they have played in at least one GAF mafia game before in which they did not go inactive. These non-players will also be disbarred from the replacement list.

Other
27. Outside of votes and explicit allowances made by role PMs, the use of the highlight tag is strictly the game-runner's prerogative. Do not use it.
28. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, a replacement will be sought.
29. Do not use the email tags to hide extra content in your posts.
30. A list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") can be requested by contacting any game-runner or game-tutor. There will also be a link in post three to the current count, when it is available.
31. Game-runners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes, and changes will be consistent across games.
32. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.
33. Completed GAF games are often read by people thinking of signing up in the future. As such, please keep your avatar spoiler free - it should not allude to your role or alignment.
34. Palmer is a poopyhead.

Palmer_v1

Game specific stuff!

I am using Royal_Flush’s vote counting program so make sure your votes are on their own lines, spelled correctly, and highlighted. If there is a dispute, I will err in whichever direction amuses me the most!

The current vote tally will always be here: http://rfnx.ddns.net/mafia/1141304.html

Some of this may also be repeated from the other rules, but here are a few highlights for me, specifically:

I allow self-voting.
I do not use Karkador’s method for vote majorities.
This is a normal game! No bastard roles or rules.
I may shorten day/night phases later when player count decreases.
Don’t post in this thread after a Day has ended, even if I haven’t posted the lynch results yet. There may be roles that act during Dusk.
Don’t be a dick for no reason.
Ouro says I have to say to have fun as well, so there ya go, you miserable bastards.
If the wolves don’t get you, Pneumonia will.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I am so ready for this!

Great job on the flavor Palmer, to the point and direct, no time or effort wasted. It's smooth.

Sorian

Banned
Am I reading this right? Are they going to be fucking the werewolf to death?

Edit: I also enjoy that you hired Ouro to post at the same time so that no one could post in between.

Palmer_v1

Sub-fucking-scribed.
So it's the Night phase first, right?

Yup, all Werewolf players should be asleep. Dream happy dreams, cause they may be your final ones!

Fantastic thread title.

I couldn't resist.

I am?

Huh. I am. Guess we'll be fixing that in the morning.

This guy doesn't even read his own OP. Shenanigans in Nightvale.

Edit: I also enjoy that you hired Ouro to post at the same time so that no one could post in between.

I forgot to mention this is a Scottish Village and I have it on good authority that bestiality is par for the course.

How fucking long were you waiting!? I didn't tell anyone I was about to post it. Scum!

roytheone

I like how my actions in HP has forced mods to take this kind of precautions :)

El Topo

Just a note ahead: I'll be extremely busy in the next few weeks, so there is a possibiltiy my activity will be low and/or that I won't always be able to keep up with everything. In addition, I'm currently sick, so I probably won't be too active in any case at the start.

Sorry. If it becomes too much and I think it becomes unfair to the other players I'll seek a replacement. For now, I'll do my best.

Gorlak

Banned
Seriously consider dropping out before the start El Topo. It sounds like you really can't invest the time right now, let somebody else jump in, we have players on the replacement list.

Sophia

Yeah, what Gorlak said. If you feel your activity will be spotty for greater than a single day/night period (seven days), then it's probably best to bow out and join the replacement list when you can commit.

wew you guys

give topopi some space~ it's not like day 1 has started yet :3 im sure he'll make decision when he thinks it's good and timely !!

septie <333

Top Bottom