• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicago woman arrested for threatening Denny's waitress over unlimited pancake policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...rants-Unlimited-Pancake-Policy-347280682.html

A Chicago woman was arrested last Friday after police say she became “irate” and threatened a waitress over unlimited pancakes.

Natasha West, 27, was dining with friends at a Denny’s, located at 9217 Cicero Ave., when a friend ordered the $4 all-you-can-eat pancakes, according to Oak Lawn police. The friend began sharing the pancakes with West but a waitress said that was not allowed as the offer was only good for one diner at a time. After that, police allege West became irate, swearing and swinging her fists at the server several times. West and her friends left without paying and West allegedly kicked a door several times on her way out.

The restaurant’s manager called police to give a description of the car the group left in and it was stopped a short time later by a Hometown police officer near Southwest Highway and Pulaski Road.

Police said the group was taken back to the restaurant where one friend paid the bill and West was identified by employees as the “irate” customer. She was charged with assault and damage to property.

The waitress was not injured in the incident, police said. West's attorney information wasn't immediately available.

t3MKbxf.jpg

Cipherr

Going hungry is awful, been there. But you lose all sympathy when you act like a total tool. Common sense would have gone a looooong way in this situation.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's a really dumb policy.

How? 20 people rock up, pay $4 for a hundred pancakes? That's how you go out of business.

I can't think of any restaurant that lets you share an unlimited food deal, except maybe with one other person. Fast food places are usually pretty lenient with drinks, but even then, food sharing on bottomless meals or buffets is a no go.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Unlimited pancakes is one of those things that sounds good in theory but is a mistake in practice

Dennis

Banned
Police said the group was taken back to the restaurant where one friend paid the bill and West was identified by employees as the “irate” customer.

Jeez, how humiliating. Was it worth if for $4?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I really try and get into the minds of the people in this situation, to try and understand what drives them to their rage filled tantrums. Was it embarrassment? Maybe she was having a bad few days? Or maybe she was like my sister when she was younger, always trying to prove herself as tough in any and every situation, regardless of whether or not it was even mildly warranted?

I was at an IHOP a while back and they called the Cops on some customers who refused to leave.

It was a man and woman and the lady was going nuts saying that she is a paying customer and they can't make her leave. Meanwhile, the guy was begging her to calm down and leave. He kept saying "I don't wanna go back to jail!"

Eventually the lady realized she was in fact about to meet with the cops and got her wits about her and promptly left.

The whole situation lasted probly 20 minutes and I felt horrible for the waitress having to deal with it. She got a pretty hefty tip from me.

Personally I found the whole thing quite humorous and it made my meal even more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom