• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming MGSV update adds Raiden suit, Skulls and more to FOB

Roldan

So, Famitsu showed some FOB news during one of their latest streams.

Someone at YouTube uploaded the interesting parts, such as the Raiden suit being usable, a gun camera emplacement and a Skull encounter during the invasion (?). Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zXpDD3DqnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH1ByI6WhW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iDxAopCSIk

The update is scheduled to come in December, it seems.

Steal my base (with no insurance) if old
yeah, it's from the 13th, but I haven't seen anywhere here

mcz117chief

Raiden suit is already in the game, you just have to S rank everything to get it. Are they adding some more functions to it or something?

Chola

Banned
I would gladly pay for MGS V COOP

Destroying metal gear part by part ,collecting them to build your own metal gear would be so cool, you know like PW Boss battle.

mcz117chief

Honestly, its better than nothing. Im still waiting for the DD outfits and New Game +, difficulty modes etc.

I want more subsistence missions, those are honestly the most fun in the whole game. Having a series of missions with a branching progression (basically a miniature MG game inside MGSV) would be amazing!

Ratrat

I want more subsistence missions, those are honestly the most fun in the whole game. Having a series of missions with a branching progression (basically a miniature MG game inside MGSV) would be amazing!
It was definitely fun, considering the crazy amount of toys Snake has, which kind of make the game too easy most of the time. Playing the harder missions really show how great the raw mechanics/gameplay is.

Destroying metal gear part by part ,collecting them to build your own metal gear would be so cool, you know like PW Boss battle.
Rex fight in that huge desert area. Harrier fight at MB, Ray fight at MB, Hind fight in the Soviet base. Shagohad fight that starts at the Soviet base then moves eround the map, Zeke fight on an open MB platform.

This better be sarcasm, mister.

Not at all. I didn't expect them to update the core game much at all, but they've gone and added in all sorts of cool new gadgets and platform-specific base functions since release.

Co-op would be perfect.

If Mission 51 is ever made available, then a Metal Gear Sahelanthropus sub-menu had better be the first thing that pops up upon completing it. The lack of a customizable Metal Gear was quite the disappointment coming off of Peace Walker.

Absolutely. The Subsistence missions were some of the most engaging of Chapter 2!

Avtomat

Wait with you can teleport around FoBs now, also place guns cams anywhere?

Skulls to protect your base, might have to reinstall the game to get in on this action

Arttemis

Since the updates, I've not put the disc back into my console out of fear of what I'd return to. I wish they would update the single player campaign with more content - like Battle Gear, something useful with the Animal Conservatory, add faction with rebels in Afghanistan and Africa, Mission 51, Chapter 3, Subsistence modes for every mission, add a legitimate forest to Africa, add back the obviously removed interior connecting the Afghan Power Station to OKB-0, and add a New Game + mode that lets you keep your Mother Base staff so you don't feel obligated to fulton literally thousands of enemies and lets you play the game focusing on the mission instead of the overly tedious collectathon metagame.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Who the hell is even playing FOBs still? Are they seriously making any profit from this?

NoFoX

Who the hell is even playing FOBs still? Are they seriously making any profit from this?

I think so, yes.
I didn't touch the game in a while, but I saw a lot of people which have 3 FOBs (or more, if possible, can't remember).
I guess Konami has enough people which buy MB-Coins.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think so, yes.
I didn't touch the game in a while, but I saw a lot of people which have 3 FOBs (or more, if possible, can't remember).
I guess Konami has enough people which buy MB-Coins.

It's so boring though. I figured the already low FOB population would reduce to 0 once MGO came out.

Kazuhira

You could always replay the missions without any equipment or support but yeah totally agree,subsistence mode was fun as hell,same goes for total stealth.
I can't believe they messed that up,even GZ had multiple modes for each mission.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Does anyone know if you can safely back up your PC save and start again without drawbacks? I wouldn't mind starting fresh and playing with no HUD from the start, and the arm upgrades etc all stick with you forever, no disabling.

Play the game like a proper Metal Gear/Subsistence all the way, that's what I want.

mcz117chief

You could always replay the missions without any equipment or support but yeah totally agree,subsistence mode was fun as hell,same goes for total stealth.
I can't believe they messed that up,even GZ had multiple modes for each mission.

By saying "You could always replay the missions without any equipment or support" you mean there is a way to remove all equipment from your character? Because I couldn't find any way to do it.

I just take tier-1 Russian rifle and tier-1 pistol and then don't use these slots until I switch them for something else.

Ridley327

Using Skulls to protect your FOB is pretty hilarious in a meanspirited way.

"Can this invasion get any worse?"
>the sounds of rock geysers begin to track invader
"ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

Broritos

FOB's are so legit. Such an underrated mode. It's something that can only be done in a stealth game and offers unlimited replayability. If only the FOB's were fully customizable but this gun camera placement is a good start.

With the support they're giving this, FOB's might evolve into a full game in itself down the line. Assuming they even support it for long enough.

Crossing my fingers that FOB coop is real. It's not the full coop experience that I wanted but it'll do.

WarMacheen

IgMyx.gif

Top Bottom