• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock Remake First Look

epmode

I kinda love Night Dive. If System Shock 3 ever happens, the series is in good hands.

edit: Maybe give it to the guys making Underworld: Ascendant? Lots of ex-Looking Glass people are there and they just signed the art director of Thief, System Shock 2, Bioshock and The Last of Us. I don't even care that it would mean a scaled-back project compared to AAA releases.

woah, already

they're slider pics, don't know how to link those

but there's this

100.1238_Screenshot.0.0.png

Tagyhag

Can't wait to see
SHODAN in cyberspace

"Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"

BasilZero

Looks great!

Havent played my copy of the 2nd one yet but this remake looks great.

They also recently re-released the first one (original ver) on PC.

Corpekata

Banned
Didn't expect to see progress already. Didn't feel real to me before, felt like something that was on the docket but still being worked out.

CMDBob

Wow, I'm loving the look of this... Can't wait to see more, really.

(Just hope there's an option to turn off the chromatic abberation, or a slider to alter the amount even, it's a teensy bit much atm.)

I wonder if they're gonna have dynamic music or not...

EDIT:
Looks fantastic,but I thought System Shock IP rights were in limbo?

IIRC, Night Dive managed to completely buy the rights to System Shock, so they now own the franchise.

Mr. Tibbs

Groovy! Much better than I expected. Keep up the awesome work, Night Dive (P.S. please find a way to release Requiem: Avenging Angel).

IIRC, Night Dive managed to completely buy the rights to System Shock, so they now own the franchise.

Not anymore, Night Dive owns System Shock outright now.

Night Dive sorted them out over the past couple years. That's why they got released on GOG and Steam.

Night Dive bought it. Talks about SS3 have begun.

Fantastic news.

They have a direct line to my wallet if they ever decide to remake System Shock 2 and eventually push ahead with SS3.

When is this suppose to drop? Was planning on playing the second sometime soon and skipping the first since I heard it was pretty dated but I'll play this if it comes out pretty soon.

Tapejara

Never played these games - though I do own System Shock 2 on Steam - so I'm quite excited to play this. Outside of PC have any platforms been announced?.

Wow

wow, wow, wow. I look forward to this. It also makes me realize that I'm really glad that I played and finished the original not too long ago. I'll be able to look at see how the remake handles things differently and appreciate it (or dislike it lol).

System Shock is close to my heart, but I wish they would update the architecture a little more, I think the first game looks a certain way because of the technology of the time, and they are awkwardly bringing too much of that geometric level design forward.

ImpDam

Neo Member
Never played these games - though I do own System Shock 2 on Steam - so I'm quite excited to play this. Outside of PC have any platforms been announced?.

From the original article on Fast Company:

Part of the plan for this remake also includes a console version, which would be a first for Night Dive. Kuperman believes much of the company's future growth will come from creating console adaptations for more PC games, along with some ports for mobile devices.

http://www.fastcompany.com/3053050/...s-bringing-old-video-games-back-from-the-dead

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS THIS MNEDKDMFMGMBM

When was this announced? I thought the right to the IP was lost in litigation hell.

My #1 GOAT is getting remade. I can't breath.

edit: Oh wow Night Dive sorted it out.

The far more important question than how it's going to look is: Are they re-using the old voices or are they re-recording them and, if they're doing the latter, are they Terri Brosius back to do the voice of SHODAN? Because as much as I love System Shock, I sure as hell won't buy it if they won't.

blamite

Damn, that looks awesome. Never played either of the originals, but I absolutely love the aesthetic of the new version.

Top Bottom