• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 (PC) £19.80 @cdkeys.com

LewieP

Cue repeat of the same old debate over unauthorised retailers.

This is a great price, and CD keys have a great record for customer service, but (unless I missed a change in policy) there is a blanket ban of all unauthorised retailers in the forum rules.

Kezen

Banned
Great price for sure. I don't buy from cdkeys but I'll be sure to be on the lookout for any deals, I'm willing to go as high as 35€.

What happened to those accusations of stolen and/or counterfeit keys? Goes out the window when a tempting offers comes strolling our way.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not only are you not likely to get it before or at release, but we don't even have a PC release date yet.

This isn't true at all, I received both my CoD and Fallout keys from CDKeys 1-2 days before release.

UnrealEck

Not only are you not likely to get it before or at release, but we don't even have a PC release date yet.

I think they're reliable for sending keys before release.
Even if the PC version came after the console versions, I'd still wait a while for it.

Liethe

If you buy this, you have no fucking reason to complain about the next £30 season pass
You know they will, anyway. Some people will want to pinch from absolutely everything. Fuck devs getting paid, fuck anything else, as long as I get to play for as close to free as possible.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I think you should ask yourself how they can do these 'sales'. It looks shady as shit.

People keep saying they want more pc releases and good performance games, but yet you refuse to pay the retail price for a game that's not even out yet.

Devs don't eat right?

Hektor

I think you should ask yourself how they can do these 'sales'. It looks shady as shit.

People keep saying they want more pc releases and good performance games, but yet you refuse to pay the retail price for a game that's not even out yet.

Devs don't eat right?

Because people on consoles all buy all games for full price and never use sales and cheap imports am i right litereally killing videogames entitled gamers

If you buy this, you have no fucking reason to complain about the next £30 season pass

Most people will buy it at a higher price. It's going to be pretty popular on PC regardless of how much it retails for, then you factor in the console sales...

I do see what you're saying, I just don't think it's worthwhile using this game for any sort of measurement on that issue. We're talking about From here, and historically most of their titles have probably bombed.

Personally I'm going to wait and see how it performs on console before deciding between PC or PS4.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Because people on consoles all buy all games for full price and never use sales and cheap imports am i right litereally killing videogames entitled gamers
That is your words and not at all what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is people keep jumping on theses things and then get angry when they put in micro transactions and so on for skins and shit so they can keep supporting the game after launch since they made less money than they needed in sales.
In short without getting into too deep a topic.

Zomba13

If you buy this then you are literally killing literally every game developer literally ever.

That is not at all what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is people keep jumping on theses things and then get angry when they put in micro transactions for skins and shit so they can keep supporting the game after launch since they made less money than they needed in sales.

Because obviously devs wouldn't also have DLC and Microtransactions and Season passes if you couldn't get the games cheap.

Wheatly

I'm ok buying through this site for micro-transaction infested BS, but From Software gives us so much value for our money even at full price

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Devs don't eat right?

They sell region-free keys, it's not a huge mystery how they're able to do it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
If you buy this then you are literally killing literally every game developer literally ever.

Because obviously devs wouldn't also have DLC and Microtransactions and Season passes if you couldn't get the games cheap.
Well you can do whatever you want with your money, but if you really like a product consider supporting the devs with the little they ask for instead of 'undercutting' them.
That is all.

Zomba13

Well you can do whatever you want with your money, but if you really like a product consider supporting the devs with the little they ask for instead of 'undercutting' them.
That is all.

Sure. I just hope you never buy pre-owned games or games during store sales.

Plus I'll be getting the CE like I have with past Souls games. I want me another big ass stupid statue to go with the DS2 knight.

These prices are always tempting but I mostly end up buying the PS4 version as I just prefer my consoles for gaming. Still have W3 sitting there, got it sub 20 at launch, grabbed it from the psn sale last weekend as it finally seems fixed. Not going to bite this time.

That is your words and not at all what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is people keep jumping on theses things and then get angry when they put in micro transactions and so on for skins and shit so they can keep supporting the game after launch since they made less money than they needed in sales.

Do you have any evidence that these games have been making less money with every sequel? Or that what money they've accrued has been significantly impacted by these sales? Or that these sales are seen as undesirable by bamco?

These prices are always tempting but I mostly end up buying the PS4 version as I just prefer my consoles for gaming. Still have W3 sitting there, got it sub 20 at launch, grabbed it from the psn sale for last weekend as it finally seems fixed. Not going to bite this time.

After playing DS 1/2 @ 60fps on PC no way I'd want to play it any other way.

Top Bottom