• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has 'the best lineup' planned for Xbox One in 2016 via VideoGamer

2015 may have had the "greatest games lineup in Xbox history,", but 2016's lineup could be even better, according to Microsoft's marketing exec Yusuf Mehdi.

Teasing Xbox One's 2016 lineup at the Credit Suisse Technology Conference in Arizona yesterday, Mehdi explained that "gaming has been a pretty big success case" for Microsoft, and that it "had probably [had] the best year we've ever had for Xbox" in 2015.

"And it's on the back of the greatest games lineup in Xbox history," he said. "So if you like to game, this is the year to get an Xbox. We have Halo 5 launching. We have Minecraft on Xbox. We have Gears of War, Tomb Raider. The best lineup; next year will also be the best lineup."
http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/g...best_lineup_planned_for_xbox_one_in_2016.html

Finaj

I'm curious of what else they will announce. Hopefully we see something new at the Game Awards this week.

Mifune

Mehmber
It's shaping up to be pretty great on paper. Quantum Break, Crackdown, Scalebound, Below (finally).

So to boil it down:

"[this year we had t]he best lineup; next year will also be the best lineup."

Which year is better?

Hmm.

FIGHT!

Outrun

That last paragraph :lol.

Pack it up folks, he just won the argument.

It always puzzles me why people are so quick to piss on MS PR.

Was not 2015 a great year for games on the X1?

Does not 2016 look to be also a great year for games on the X1?

With Quantum Break, Scalebound, Crackdown, ReCore, Gears of War 4, Forza, Cuphead, Halo Wars 2, it does look pretty fucking fantastic to me.

Bog

Junior Ace
Of all the publishers putting out games for Xbox next year, Microsoft has the best lineup.

according to Microsoft's marketing exec Yusuf Mehdi.
Minecraft on Xbox
Tomb Raider

Qq2qZYK.png

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Quantum Break
Scalebound
Crackdown
Halo Wars 2
Gears 4
Sea of Thieves
Recore
Forza Horizon 3

Fable Legends??

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Microsoft is pumping out great games since the launch. Next year going to be awesome as this year.

FH3
QB
Gears 4

Is all I want.

Rymuth

Every year is the best lineup but its' simultaneously not the bestest lineup because that's also the previous/next year

We Schrodinger Lineup now, folks.

Of all the publishers putting out games for Xbox next year, Microsoft has the best lineup.
I see what you did there~

Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2
Quantum Break
Scalebound
Crackdown 3
ReCore
Cuphead

Other stuff too. Sounds like a pretty solid year to me.

Nephtes

I'm sorry, but as an Xbox fan and an even bigger Street Fighter fan... If that lineup doesn't include Street Fighter V, their claim of "best lineup" is null and void in my opinion. :p

Yeah, wasn't that good.

Halo 5 is a sub 7 easily imo
Tomb raider isn't like it should be.
Forza was decent

But honestly

Until dawn, bloodborne, soma, and rocket were more appealing.

Definitely wasn't the best year for Xbox. May not even be top 6

FZW

By applying logic, you are killing GAF's fun. That is unacceptable, you take it back right now!

Sjefen

All PR is usually piss worthy. 2016 looks great for all consoles, but on my personal taste inn games PS4 have the edge.

Top Bottom