• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONFIRMED: Final Fantasy III (US) releasing on Nov 14th

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Two FFs in a month? Three FFs all season? A million other games? New hardware?

Too much....

This holiday will be even more packed than 04.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, technincally Square Enix isn't shipping out Final Fantasy V on November 1st, Nintendo is as they are the publisher of that game.

thefro

This is a idiotic spot to release the game (right between the Wii and PS3, too close to FFXII and FFV)... should have been in early Oct.

Time to import, I guess.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
thefro said:
This is a retarded spot to release the game (right between the Wii and PS3)... should have been in early Oct.

It's also 2 days after Gears of War (yeah totallly different games but it's gonna be a bitch for some of us)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Shard said:
Well, technincally Square Enix isn't shipping out Final Fantasy V on November 1st, Nintendo is as they are the publisher of that game.

It's strange that Nintendo publishes the FF Advance games while Square will publish any other FF game... even on another handheld Nintendo system... Did Nintendo bankroll the Advance series, or something?

Shard said:
It's also November 6. But that should be fixed by now.

Anyway, when was this game scheduled for November 1?

Cheebs

Luke is incorrect. FF V Advance is out 11/6. Nintendo releases a press release on this about two weeks ago.

Plus 11/1 is a tuesday, Nintendo ships all of its games(non-launch) on mondays.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone gonna adjust their holiday purchases from this new release date? Buying all 3 Final Fantasy games each week sounds a bit silly....unless you have to skill to beat each game in a week

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
GhostSeed said:
Great another holiday season with waaay too many releases.
Bravo publishers. *slow sarcastic clapping*

And some of them wonder why their games fail at retail.

Symytry

I think its settled then. There is just too much goodness on the DS to warrant picking up a Wii. ...and PS3 well, it never had a chance with me anyways :)

MrDaravon

Okay, that's just retarded. FFXII is going to steamroll the other two, ESPECIALLY FF V. Seriously, who's going to buy that when FFXII just came out and there's a brand new shiny FF remake on DS? God. FF3's date was bad enough, but FFV either needs to get pushed up or pushed back.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
SailorDaravon said:
Okay, that's just retarded. FFXII is going to steamroll the other two, ESPECIALLY FF V. Seriously, who's going to buy that when FFXII just came out and there's a brand new shiny FF remake on DS? God. FF3's date was bad enough, but FFV either needs to get pushed up or pushed back.

I'll buy it. :D

I'll buy it, put it away, let the holiday hype die down, then get to it in the new year. Wooo!

Man, what a terrible move. It's going to get steamrolled by FF V Advance and (especially) FF XII :( The time to release this would have been BEFORE the big guns... with FF XII out, who's going to be talking about this?

jarrod

Banned
BocoDragon said:
It's strange that Nintendo publishes the FF Advance games while Square will publish any other FF game... even on another handheld Nintendo system... Did Nintendo bankroll the Advance series, or something?
For GBA, Square Enix prefers to work with other publishers for manufacturing and distribution outside Japan, probably due to higher costs and riskier inventory. That's why Nintendo published the FF ports, FFTA and Sword of Mana while BVG published Kingdom Hearts COM.

Obviously this wouldn't be as much of a concern with DS or PSP.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Greenpanda said:
Man, what a terrible move. It's going to get steamrolled by FF V Advance and (especially) FF XII :( The time to release this would have been BEFORE the big guns... with FF XII out, who's going to be talking about this?

Plenty I think.

duk said:
so please tell me this is a remake of FF3 in the USA for the snes?

Well, it's the same game, but it's more an enhanced port than a remake. There'll be a new dungeon or two and probably some new abilities, but otherwise it's a straight port.

Terrible timing......I was really looking forward to this, but I'm definately holding off until sometime next year. I'll just be way too deep into GoW and SC: DA MP.

Pastry

Banned
Greenpanda said:

Steamrolled by FFXII, yeah. But I figure that FFIII will steamroll over FFV. Either way S-E is cannibalizing their own sales, late September would have probably been the best release date for FFIII.

For the public FFXII>FFII>FFV

For me FFIII>FFV>FFXII :D

Top Bottom