• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Now Yearly option announced at PSX

NewDust

Now that's more like it... Just bring it to more countries, so I can use it.

Is this the price per game? Sorry for the question but this isn't out in mainland EU.

Renting an atmost 60 dollar/euro game for 99... I don't think sony is that evil.

RK128

So basically its now at Neflix prices? If they gave the monthly option at that price, I would have no problem paying for it :).

-MD-

I tried a free trial of this to play Twisted Metal online and it felt like I was playing with 500 ping, the input delay was incredible.

If it was playable I'd probably sign up.

Is this the price per game? Sorry for the question but this isn't out in mainland EU.

No. This is for the subscription model. Most PS Now games are available via the subscription. Some games are still a la carte (and typically start at a few dollars).

AndrewRyan

Definitely a step in the right direction. Personally I'd like to see $49/year for PS Now, and $89/year for PS Now and PS Plus combo.

Mifune

Mehmber
Pretty good deal. Shame it doesn't really have much I want to play. I'd love it if they started to add PS2 games.

Taker34

Banned
No. This is for the subscription model. Most PS Now games are available via the subscription. Some games are still a la carte (and typically start at a few dollars).

Well so I might have to rent games individually?! Not an ideal solution tbh, but it's not like I want more than a few selected PSNow titles. I think e.g. Mass Effect 2 should be one of those a la crate type games - at least that's what I read months ago.

Well so I might have to rent games individually?! Not an ideal solution tbh, but it's not like I want more than a few selected PSNow titles. I think e.g. Mass Effect 2 should be one of those a la crate type games - at least that's what I read months ago.

Yup. Some publishers apparently don't want their games included in the subscription. Also, I should note all subscription games are also available as a la carte if you don't want a subscription.

EthanC

Banned
That's pretty much what Netflix costs. Pretty good deal.

The difference is that when PSN goes to shit, my connection to Netflix still works like a charm. When PSN goes to shit and I'm playing Lumines on Now, my game is toast. I've failed to post multiple high scores in the weekly charts because PSN shit the bed. This was reason enough for me to get an Xbox One just for backwards compatibility on Lumines Live.

paulogy

Now, if these 1-year PS Now cards retail for $99 but occasionally go on sale for $75 or something like that, pretty sure I'd be willing to pay $6.25 / month for all-you-can-stream games for a year.

At that price, i'm so in. I did the trial a couple months back and loved PSNow on my Vita. $99/year is a no brainer for me to have access to all those games on Vita since it is my main system. I just can't put the damn thing down.

bebop242

Are more titles being added to the service? I am willing to invest if the COD series hits it.

They still add stuff, i think they just added some borderlands and bioshock games. COD? I wouldn't think so, i don't think Activision participates in this service.

Sakura

Still a bit too expensive for me.
I've tried the test game they had, and while it was playable, the experience was rather subpar.

OmegaFax

The up front cost is a bit hard to chew. Rather just pay $10 a month to month than the $100 up front in bulk. Kind of a hypocrite because I pay for Amazon Prime yearly.

leroidys

That's pretty good. If I had better internet I'd probably subscribe. Would make me un-mothball my vita for sure.

If they offered a PS+/PS Now annual bundle, would you get it. Added together, it'd be $150/year, but I assume there would be some sort of discount getting both together, maybe $120 or $125 per year. Would you jump on that offer if it was available?

Mailbox

Sounds like a great deal tbh.

don't know whether it streams well or not, but ps now is definitely on my radar now. Though, since i use other subscription services, i can't quite afford getting it yet. maybe when i have some extra disposable income in a year or 2 :)

Top Bottom